Author Topic: whats the difference between a prince and a war-prince and captain?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

what do you fellow animorph fans think? i got the impression that a 'war-prince' was higher in rank than a prince. but in the andalite chronicles, prince breeyar seemed to be a higher rank than a war-prince.

and also in TAC, elfangor mentions that the captain of the dome ship is boss of all on the ship....so does this mean that int he andalite military, captain is the highest rank of all? and does it only apply to when they are on the domeship? like when they are off the ship, the princes are then of higher rank than the captain?

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: whats the difference between a prince and a war-prince and captain?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:32:56 AM »
Prince is better than warrior, War-prince is better than prince, Captain is better than war-prince.
A captain has a space-ship, with war-princes and princes and warriors under his control. War-princes are old princes who did great things, princes are warriors who did great things...
A captain is a little like a visser, to me. The War-Princes and princes like the sub-vissers and some low vissers...

Well, at least, it's what I understood.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 06:50:32 AM »
Prince and War-Prince are ranks, with War-Prince being higher of course, but I always assumed that Captain wasn't actually a rank, more your position on board the ship. Captain is just the title for someone in charge of the ship, just like fighter pilot or tactical officer are titles for other positions.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
I figure Prince and War-Prince to be Andalite officers, A Prince commands a squad of fighters and/or warriors while a War Prince does the same, but with more. A Captain is in charge of a Dome Ship.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw