Author Topic: RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start  (Read 13596 times)

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Re: RAFamorphs Book 1: The Start
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
March 12, 2011
San Diego, California
12:13 am

Team #31

Sealie's POV

The flight home was relatively quiet. I guess nobody really felt like talking after our successful first mission was pretty much a disaster. We went in there to simply acquire some morphs for upcoming battles and ended up there longer than expected and left tired, wet, and with the blood of several animals on our hands. I guess you could call it a bittersweet victory. And there's definitely no way those animals will go unnoticed, especially since one of the corpses has a severed bear arm in its mouth. But I guess we'll have to worry about those consequences later.

We flew back home in our new bird morphs. Demos and Blue had their Golden Eagle and White Tailed Kite, respectively. Jess was a bald eagle. Cody was a Great Horned Owl. And I was a Snowy Owl.

<So...> Blue said <Y'all are being awfully quiet.>

<What's there to talk about?> Demos asked

<I dunno...something. This awkward silence is killing me?>

<Well we're almost home. So just get used to the silence for about five more minutes>

Demos isn't really in the best of moods after almost being killed by a hippo and then seeing his severed arm in said hippo's mouth. Not to mention being mauled by a plethora of other animals so he could help the rest of get our own morphs. Sure his wounds healed but the kind of pain he must have endured wont be forgotten and it's left him in a bit of a sour disposition. He'll have to get used to it though, we all will. I'm sure this will be nothing compared to what's in store for us in the future.

<Here we are> Jess said, flying through the bedroom window we had left open

I was the last to get inside and by the time I had perched myself on the windowsill, the others were already demorphing. I quickly followed suit and within about a minute or so (Wow, we're really getting good at this speed morphing :P) We were all fully human....and fully sleepy.

“Well boys, I've had a fun night on the town with you all but I need my beauty sleep” Jess said

“Yeah yeah. We're not exactly wide awake either” Blue said with a weak laugh “Good night ladies”

As soon as the boys had left for their own room, Jess was already in her bed, sound asleep. I sighed and hopped in my own bed. Though I was a little reluctant to go to sleep at first...what if I have another dream...or vision...or whatever that was? Unfortunately, the sandman got the best of me and I was sound asleep within minutes.

March 12, 2011
San Diego, California
1:00 am
Bridgeport, Connecticut

Team #5

Guy's POV

I lay wide awake in bed, the only other sounds were Goom's snoring and the sound of the train station a few blocks away. I wanted to go to sleep as easily as Goom but these last tow nights have been  the most stressful of my entire life. I bet you're wondering why I'm still alive right? Well as I'm sure you're already aware of, the other RAFians and I are apart of Crayak and the Ellimist's sick struggle for my universe. Normally Goom and I would have been as good as dead but Crayak was “generous” enough to let the Andalite who had crash landed at that Power Plant survive long enough to help us out. He was badly wounded but the fact that he was able to fight off two Hork Bajir so Goom and I could escape meant that he could have probably been saved...well...befo re the other controllers came and dracon beamed him into a pile of blood, guts, and burnt fur....It wasn't a pretty sight but he bought Goom and I enough time to get out of there with the Blue box.

After returning to the townhouse we had woken up in that same night, we were greeted by Michelle and her “7 year old son” Joseph. Of course the two are really Chee, posing as a fake family for Goom and I. As for Dino and Mackenzie, they lived a few houses down with their own Chee “parents”. The next day was completely dedicated to acquiring morphs. I don't wanna spoil anything but we've all managed to get a hold of some pretty impressive battle morphs. But morphs wont be enough. All of are considerably intelligent but I still fear we wont be as crafty as the original animorphs. We don't have any tactical geniuses like Marco, we aren't zoologists like Cassie, and right now none of us are as impulsive as Rachel. So I guess we'll have to make due with our own unique qualities. Who knows? Since we're not dealing with Visser Three here, we may not even need to be like the other Animorphs. But what if this Visser isn't a complete idiot like V3...what if he or she is just as smart as Visser 1?

“Ugggh” I groaned “I'm thinking too much.”

I tossed and turned for what felt like forever but to no avail. I just couldn't sleep after everything that's happened. Eventually I got tired of trying to be tired and went tip toed downstairs to watch TV in he living room. If anything good came out of all this, it was that I'd get to enjoy some good ole fashioned 90's television again. But it seems somebody already beat me to it. As I walked into the living room, I saw a little boy with short dark brown hair, lounging on the couch in front of the TV. Joseph noticed me standing at the entrance and smiled.

“Can't sleep?”

“I've had a lot on my mind.”

“I'm sure you have. It's not everyday you're involuntarily thrust into an intergalactic war based on a children's book series.”

“No kidding....Do you normally keep your hologram up when nobody's around?”

“Not really. But I've taken to keeping it on so you and Kevin can tell Michelle and I apart.” he said before turning off the hologram.

It's weird seeing a Chee switch in between their normal and holographic forms, of course. But it's even weirder when said Chee was just barely 4 feet tall a second ago. And that cute, energetic little kid voice he had, became a lot calmer and like 100 octaves deeper. The only thing I can compare it to is foamy the squirrel turning into Patrick Stewart. It's like he not only hit puberty but proceeded to beat it to a bloody pulp until it vomited testosterone all over him.

“So. Is there anything in particular you wanted to watch” He asked, making room for me on the couch

“Not really” I sighed and sat beside him

We sat in silence and flipped through the channels. I forgot the downside of living  in the 90's. There's barely any channels and nothing's gonna be on at 1 in the morning. Eventually we both got bored of trying to find something to watch so we spent the next hour talking about random stuff. He asked what it was like living almost two decades in the future and school and what I wanted to do with my life. Just general chit-chat. And then the conversation drifted over to my family....and I remembered Beth. I didn't really feel like talking after that....

“I think I'm gonna go to bed now....”

“Oh I'm sorry. I forgot your sister is also....”

“No. It's ok. I'm just really tired.” I lied

Without saying another word, I trudged upstairs and back into bed. Goom was still asleep. I started to think about Beth. Is she alright? Who is she teamed up with? What if she doesn't even have a team? What if she has to work alone....All of those thoughts and more raced around in my head until I couldn't take it anymore and forced myself to go to sleep, which turned out to be a lot easier than I thought it would be....I blame going almost two nights without sleep....

March 12, 2011
San Diego, California
9:20 am

Team #31

Sealie's POV

“Sealie!” I heard a disembodied voice call “Sealie wake up”

The voice kept calling and nudging me but I wouldn't move. I wanted to keep dreaming. Justin was alright! But I wanted to know more!

WHAP!

I felt a hand make contact with the side of my face and my eyes shot open. Jess stood over me, looking about as awake as I was.

“What? It's Sunday! I'll go to church next week...”

“Get up. Blue was just in here. He said Erek found another group of RAFians.”
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2012, 11:28:24 PM »
Cooooool. Man I love this.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2012, 11:30:09 AM »
There are two things that sucked in the 90's. Crappy TV shows and *Shudders* Boy bands. *Epic Shudder* :P

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »
dont forget gilr bands. The spice girls are definitely controllers. If you remember where that's from. you get a cookie
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2012, 07:04:59 PM »
Girl bands weren't crappy because they made teenage boys drool as well as other things. Such as cover their bedroom walls with the posters of said girl bands.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2012, 07:26:15 PM »
Girl bands weren't crappy because they made teenage boys drool as well as other things. Such as cover their bedroom walls with the posters of said girl bands.

....how many boys did you know with spice girls' posters hanging on their walls?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:28:55 PM by Blu-Ray »

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2012, 11:19:52 PM »
Well I wasnt one of them. ((I was more into Britney Spears and Christina Aguilara)) However I can think of about a dozen or so of my male classmates who had a magazine pic of them tapped on the inside of the door to their locker. Dont ask how many of the girls had N' Sync pics cause I think all of them did.  :dull:

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2012, 12:15:03 AM »
Blue, you need to write in an encounter with the spice girls, similar to the original animorphs encounter with Hansen.

Polo

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »
Man, I usually hate fanfic but this is great and i want more.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
I just realized that this takes place in the 90’s but I’ve been putting 2011 down as the date. Sooo yeah…. fixing that from here on. I might go back and change that in the previous chapters when I’m not in a lazy mood :P

March 12, 1996
San Diego, California
9:20 am

Team #31

-   Blue’s POV

Erek had been up all night contacting his chee friends around the country. So far we’ve found three other RAFians teams. Sakki, Blaze, and Tobias are in Miami. Terenia is by herself in Pittsburg. And Tony, TobiasMasonPark (aka Goose), KingHyrule(aka Lucas), and his brother, Nick, are stationed in Seattle. Nick’s technically not a RAFian but he’s a regular on RAFskype so the Drode lumped him in with the rest of us.

“Is it true!?” Sealie asked as she made her way down the stairs and joined the rest of us in the kitchen “Did you really find other RAFians!?”

“Yeah, I’m on the phone with some right now.” I said, setting the home telephone to speaker “Say hi guys. You’re on speaker.”

“HEY!”

“HI”

“SUP”

“Wait a minute.” Sealie paused “Is that…..Tony!?”

“It is. How you doing, Sealie?”

“I’ve almost been killed by controllers, two wild animals. Other than that I’m pretty good.”

“Good to hear. I’m just here with Goose and his cousins. We got our battle morphs last night and I’m pretty anxious to try them out.”

“TT!” Jess called “You guys are so close to us! We should team up.”

“We should.” Tony agreed “But I don’t think we’re supposed to leave our states until we win.”

“Actually he’s right.” Erek chimed in “Once you clear your area of Yeerks, you’re more than welcome to go over to Seattle and help them out. But until then you’re limited to just moral support.”

“I should have figured as much.” Jess sighed

“It was the Ellimist’s idea.” Sarah said, apologetically “But to make up for it, he’s also forbidden the Vissers from helping each other regardless of if they win or lose in their respective states…so there’s that I guess.”

We continued to make small talk and exchanged strategies with the other team for about an hour before we ended our conversation. Jess and I sighed in relief. Tony and his teammates are close to us. They were our RAFskype buds before all this got started so we were happy to hear they were all safe and adjusting to this new universe.

“Well now that that’s over, how about we focus on here.” Demos suggested “What’s gonna be our first move?”

I shrugged “We gotta find a Yeerk Pool, I guess.”

“We’re going to school tomorrow. Isn’t there always a Yeerk pool entrance under schools?” Sealie asked

“We’ve only see one school in the series. And that was a different part of California.” Jess responded

“Well then we should split up and look for signs of a Yeerk Pool entrance.” I suggested “We’ll fly over the city and look for….something.”

Everyone else halfheartedly agreed. It wasn’t like we had anything else to do. After breakfast (Seriously, Erek needs to sell his waffle recipe) we split into up and flew around town, looking for anything that might be a Yeerk Pool entrance. To be honest, I was only half focused on finding the Yeerk Pool. This was my first time flying in the daytime and I was enjoying it. I’m normally afraid of heights but for some reason watching the busy streets of San Diego from thousands of feet up in the air didn’t make me feel scared. I actually felt pretty calm. It might have been the White Tailed Kite’s instincts that kept me from feeling fear, hell I could have just gotten over my fear of heights myself. Either way, flying is awesome.

<Enjoying yourself?> I heard Sealie’s voice ask, as a snowy owl flew towards me

<I guess I am. Have you found anything?>

<Absolutely nothing> She sighed <Then again, I never expected to find anything from up here anyway.>

<Oh?>

<Yeah. In fact I’m happy I ran into you because I have a plan and I need someone to tag along.>

It was at that moment that I noticed the mouse squirming in Sealie’s talons. <Is now really the best time for a snack?>

<Ha ha. Very funny. I’m not gonna eat the mouse. We’re gonna acquire it>

<….Why>

<Look down and tell me what you see>

I did as I was told and surveyed the area we’d been circling over for the past couple of minutes. A large red brick building, parking lot, soccer field, flag pole in front of the door, Football field across the street; Yep, this was definitely a school.

<Oh I see where you’re going with this.>

<I just hope I’m right. Let’s hurry up and land. I’m not sure how much time we have left in these morphs.>

We landed on the roof and began to dimorph (while making sure the mouse didn’t get away). Once we had finished, Sealie carefully picked the mouse up by its tail and began to acquire it. Almost immediately it stopped squirming and screeching and went limp.

“Your turn” She said, handing me the mouse

As reluctant as I was to touch that….thing…..I nervously held my hands out for Sealie to drop the nasty little fur ball in them. No sooner had she done this did the mouse snap out of its trance and tried to escape again. But I was too quick for him and clapped one hand on top of the other.

“Oh this is sooooo nasty!”

“Shut up and acquire the thing already.”

The mouse eventually stopped struggling as I acquired it, just as it had done for Sealie. Once I was finished with it, I gleefully chucked it over my shoulder and looked back to make sure it got far away from me.

“That was disgusting.” I complained

“Oh don’t be such a baby.” Sealie laughed, already starting to morph “We’re gonna go in through the air vents, ok?”

“Got it”

<Don’t morph yet> She warned, now more mouse than human <I need you to stay close and make sure I don’t do anything stupid until I get control over the mouse’s instincts.>

“Right”

I crouched down over the little brown mouse that was once Sealie.  She wasn’t trying to run away, she didn’t squeak, she didn’t even move. I raised an eyebrow and held my finger out; preparing to poke her and make sure she was still alive. But as soon as my index finger came within an inch of her back, she let out a loud squeaking noise and made a beeline for the opposite direction.

“Dammit” I sighed “You could have lost control in an animal that’s easier to catch.”
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:02:59 PM by Blue-Nosed Reigndeer »

Glaflafock

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »
It's nice to see this starting up again!  :D

Too bad the teams can't join forces, though.  Dumb Ellimist.  :P

Looking forward to seeing what happens next!  Lol, Blue, if you can hardly stand to touch the mouse, how're you going to react to morphing it?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »
We'll have the chance to help other RAFians once we clear our own state of the Yeerks or kill the Visser, whichever comes first. So there just might be a team-up in the future. Not all Vissers are powerhouses like Visser 3 so things aren't completely hopeless. If I recall, the Visser in MM3 was quite stupid.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:52:54 PM by Blue-Nosed Reigndeer »

Glaflafock

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
They're in a city in Seattle? And now Sakki and I are stuck in the same place, under the same roof. Lord have mercy.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2012, 05:02:29 PM »
They're in a city in Seattle?

Oh ****! Thanks for pointing that typo out to me.

Glaflafock

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »
"A city in Seattle" sounds like a great underground band.