Author Topic: YAY or NAY-fiction  (Read 1389 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
YAY or NAY-fiction
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:49:07 PM »
     I'm not saying that I, personally, plan to write all or even any of these. I'm just curious as to what your opinions are on the subject. Basically, I want to know what type of fanfic for the Animorphs universe you'd love to see, and those that you think are either over done or would ruin the series forever.

1) A continuation series, following the events of Book 54
     2) A series involving new Animorphs; fighting new enemies and embarking on new adventures
     3) A Megamorphs Five
     4) A funny spy parody placing Tobias in the role of a James Bond-like character
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
Re: YAY or NAY-fiction
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:59:01 AM »
As a general rule I never read post-54 continuations. I love the last chapter of the series so much that I think any definitive answer on what happened to them cheapens the impact. I'm also not huge on original characters, so option 2 doesn't interest me either. I've read some fan MM5s that were very good, though I honestly can't see how you could do Tobias as a James Bond type and keep him at all in character, though I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Moar oneshots, people!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 01:07:36 AM »
Finally, someone who actually likes the last book! :D

I'm not a fan of 54 remakes, but perhaps a post-54 book from the perspective of some of the aliens who are now living on Earth would be interesting.

I really don't care for new Animorphs, either >.<  A parody also just kinda seems to cheapen the effect of the series, unless it's a really well done spoof, like the Harvard Lampoon's Bored of the Rings.

So I guess out of all of those maybe an MM5 with a good plot, or a good spinoff look at post-war Earth without really following the Animorphs more than perhaps a brief cameo, would be the most interesting to me :)

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 02:05:04 AM »
I like original stories and characters, so I think number two would be my choice.  That is, as long as it is a completely new story, not just different characters who happened to walk into the construction site.  I think something like a story about another group of morphers, in a different town, that is being invaded at the same time as the original animorphs' city, could be a really neat idea.  Especially since you would be wondering the entire time why you never heard about them after the war was won.  DUN Dun dun.

Good luck if you decide to write something.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
2 and 3 sound like a good idea and 4 sounds funny, but as a general rules I'm not a big fan of 54 continuation fics (mainly because they tend to be done badly or lack originality).
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

NateSean

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 11:17:15 AM »
A lot of people do the Megamorphs format in their fictions, but they abuse it horribly. For example: If we see something through Marco's eyes, we do not need to see it again, word for word, through eyes the other five.

There was one fanfiction where I swear the writer copied and pasted the same chapter and changed only the POV to emphasize who was telling the story.

Agreed on the continuation fics.

More open to the idea of a new team of Animorphs as long as the basic rules of morphing are obeyed. And as long as it's not another "Kids meeting a dying Andalite" which has been done to death since the ink was dry on the first fanfiction years ago.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »
     Those of you who chose option 2 may be interested in my Omnimorphs series.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 05:33:32 AM »