Author Topic: The Seaportian Chronicles  (Read 2305 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
The Seaportian Chronicles
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:52:34 PM »
his is My story, revised.

The Seaportian Chronicles. Part one: Encounters

Chapter One: Seaport

My Name is Tycho. Let me explain.
I come from the country of Seaport, just west off the cost of Morocco. Seaport is a standard country to most people. In reality, the country is at a Star wars level of technology. Seaport had faster-than-light travel before the Chinese had even discovered gunpowder! Seaport is also the head of the USCOP, or the United Seaportian Confederation Of Planets. Yes, that’s right, life exists on other planets.  And we have battled with many of them. The Kelbreen, The Jallians, and of course, the Denkar 333’s. The Confederation consists of actually over 6000 Galaxies. But let me rewind a bit…

A Brief History of Seaport.
In the year 3000 BC, Seaport was founded as a country.
2500 BC. Gunpowder is discovered when a scientist made a rather ‘explosive’ experiment.
2000 BC. Seaport has nuclear power and weapons.
1501 BC. Cloaked space stations are launched.
1100 BC. Seaport lands on the moon.
1600 BC. Seaport lands on Mars.
50 BC. Energy weapons are invented.
1000 A.D Faster then light travel, (achieved by tunneling through a different dimension called X-space, or X-treme space) Is created.
1500 A.D A Seaportian expedition team is sent of in search of intelligent life forms.
1510 A.D The expedition is attacked by a fierce race called the Skree-Naw Alliance and, being unarmed, slaughtered.
1515 A.D The Survivors flee to earth and tell of what happened.
1518 A.D A Seaportian battle fleet engages, and destroys the Skree-Naw fleet over Sweden.
1520 A.D The Skree-Naw Alliance worlds, (About 200 hundred) become the Confederations first planets.
1600 A.D to the present day. The Seaportian Confederation rapidly expands as the rest of the world becomes more modern.

Now that’s all cleared up, you will understand the following.

Seaport as a country.
Seaport the country is a splendid place. The National animal is the Caspian tiger. Though hunted to extinction in other parts of the world, it still thrives in the Seaportian Tiger sanctuaries.
The population is overall very friendly, the crown of Seaport is its capital city, Mear’a. It is 66 miles in diameter.  There is no poverty in Seaport.

Seaport as a military.
Seaport as a military is very strong. Here are some of main weapons used.

Ailons: The common hand Ailon is the most common weapon in the entire Confederation. The Ailonrwill take in air into its handle via, suction vents. The air is then super heated until it becomes a solid state energy. The energy is then compressed until it is small enough to fit down the barrel. It is then fired where screens at the end of the barrel drain energy away to meet the required setting. (You see, Ailons have power settings, such as Star trek Phasers)

The Ailon rifle is the standard armament for nearly every class of troops in the Seaportian military. It is much more accurate than the common hand Ailonr though it works the same way.

The Ailon rifle is about 2 and-a-half feet long. The weapon also has laser sighting to increase its accuracy.
The Ailon sniper rifle is basically just a modified version of the Ailon rifle, with a scope sight and a beam seismometer. The seismometer decreases the width of a beam, from the size of a toonie, to the size of a hair. This function allows a sniper to hit a target any size.

Plasma weapons: Another weapon favored by the confederation, Plasma is compressed and fired down the barrel. They have settings also, like Ailons, but there are just 3 settings. #1 will paralyze, #2 will severely wound some one, it has the same damage as a 50 caliber bullet, and #3 will blow something to small flaming chunks. They are commonly on assault craft and most Capital ships.

"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
Re: The Seaportian Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:53:12 PM »
Chapter Two: Discovery

One day, I was flying patrol when my sensors picked up an Unidentified Flying Object. I diverted course to investigate, and to my astonishment, I saw a craft that looked like a giant green mosquito the size of my own fighter. Suddenly, several glowing blue balls erupted out of the space ship and headed toward me!
I started to power up shields but I was already too late. The balls slammed into my ship and sent me into a spin towards the ground.
I approached a land mass shaped like an X. Then green upon green, a crashing sound, a sudden pain to my head and blackness.

I awoke in a dense green jungle, still wondering who, or what had hit me. I crawled out of the wreckage to inspect the damage. By the scorch marks on the hull, I could tell that there had been phenton cannons on that craft.
The power cuttlings where shot, 3 out of 12 where still operating. (power cuttlings store power and channel it to different components of the ship) They held enough power for one shot and one ride home. Shields and cloaks where down. Surprisingly, the main Ailon on my fighter was operational, along with the engines. Communications down. I’d have to try to find a town before returning to my fighter.

Three hours later: I was trekking through the dense forest when the bushes moved. I drew my Ailon, set it on setting 6, and looked around. Suddenly. Something covered with blades shot at me out of the undergrowth! It knocked me to the ground and unsheathed long, pointed claws and stabbed at my heart! The claws became imbedded in my battle armor. He ripped them out with the ends dipped in my blood. He then grabbed a phenton blaster and pointed it at my head. I grabbed an energy blade and slashed at him. He drew back, a huge slash across his chest. I jumped up and grabbed my Ailon. I aimed and, just before I could fire, he fired. My hand exploded in a flash of pain and heat. When I looked again, all there was left was a smoldering stump. I gritted my teeth in agony and pointed my right hand at the creature. A Particle blaster shot out of my wrist amour and fired a plasma encased diratium projectile at it. A 2 cm hole appeared in
its chest region. Instead of collapsing, it just leaped at me again. A managed to dodge it and slashed its hand off with my energy blade and grabbed its phenton blaster. I aimed and fired. A blue blast slammed into the creature. I lowered the weapon because the creature was blown in half. I then starred at him and said “Who are you”.

“I am a Ticki-Ticki”. It said. “What is a Ticki-Ticki”? I asked. “I am”. He said. I gave him a good look over. He was about 8 feet tall, with a tail with 6 foot spikes on the end. He had several arms, each clutching bladed weapons and each wrist baring 5 foot claws. He was a creature who could have killed me if I hadn’t got him with my energy knife. “Where am
I”. I asked. “You are in the south-eastern tropical part of Cosonaly”. I had recalled spinning toward some land mass shaped like an X. I must have landed in the lower right arm of the X.  I asked him what Cosonaly was. He laughed and said “Cosonaly is a planet that crashed into earth long ago. It fused with the planet and only the X part remains visible. It is the home of the Cosan people, The Ticki-Ticki, and the Deer-people”. I was intrigued by this and vowed personally to myself to make sure to come back with a scientific expedition to investigate. “Well, I need to fix my fighter, is that okay with you, Ticki-ticki”? 
“Sure, we don’t care. Just watch out for Merlocks”. “What is a ‘Merlock”. I asked. “Their big, nasty, and have lots of claws and shoot corrosive Venom.  I sighed, wishing I had some good news, but all that I had was loss of blood and a hand. My suit had began to heal though. You see, the suit will take DNA samples of every part of your body, so if you lose something, it will use the DNA to regenerate the limb. My hand was mostly back, but not fully and it hurt like it had maggots made of white fire crawling through it.

Later on that night, I was working on my Shield generator when I heard a rustling in the bushes behind me. I reached into the ****pit for an Ailon rifle, ****ed it and put it onto setting 4, high enough to blow something to flaming bits. Then a 6 legged creature, about as high as a man jumped at me! As it flew through the air, it launched some bright yellow fluid at me. I dropped and rolled as the liquid shot behind and evaporated the scrap metal behind me in a puff of foul-smelling smoke. This must be a Merlock. I thought as I tried to aim. I fired. The Creature exploded in a flash of light and heat, hissing in rage.

By the morning, I had fixed the shields, kind of, kind of as in one shot and bye-bye shields. I climbed in and powered up. I started to rise, slowly at first, and with jerks. I was at 200 feet and climbing fast. Then, a volley of blue energy balls flew by my ship. I quickly turned around and saw the same ship that had attacked in the first place! It was lining me up for another shot when I powered up my Ailon and fired! TSSEEEWWWWW! The green beam sliced through the thick air and into the insectoid ship. KA-BOOM! It exploded and from the wreckage, I saw a sliced up Ticki-Ticki corpse go flying.

Back at An orbiting space station, I was preparing to lead an expedition to investigate this, Cosonaly. We had orders to take DNA samples and learn about the local population. I was taking 2 transports, and 6 fighters. 2 hours later, we had landed at a site about 2 miles across. We had set up a perimeter force field and the shelters and research building and communications array. 3 hours later a research team, armed with neutralizers of course, was exploring and looking for life forms. By the readings on our bio-scanners, that would not be difficult.
Suddenly, I got a distress call. I took 2 men, both armed with High Heat Weapons (HHW’s) and we headed off toward the scientists location. When we arrived at the scene, There was 5 terrified scientists firing, to no effect, at a giant worm like thing that was amazingly long. It had a 5 foot scythe-like blade at the end of its amazingly long tail. It also had thick, thick, thick, white wooly fur all over its body. It then leaped at us and slashed my two men into pieces. I managed to duck it’s blade and fired a flame-thrower attachment in my suit at the monster. The creature, which I was now starting to call a wooly worm, was barely singed by the white hot flames. I cursed and fired my heat ray. The creature literally exploded into heaps of molten flesh.
We had started on our way back to base, when we heard the distant sound of Ailon cannon firing and Phenton guns shooting. We dashed back to base to see a vision out of a nightmare.

It was chaos. It was like Demons had sprung out of Hell and where butchering my 200 troops. Ticki-Ticki! Swarms of them! They where fighting my troops who had dropped their Ailon rifles and where using Energy blades and hand Ailons. I through a plasma grenade into the fray. It exploded, throwing Ticki-Ticki body parts everywhere. I grabbed an energy sword and threw myself into the fray. I was cutting away to the ship. The Ticki-ticki had destroyed the communications but kept the ships intact. I fired up my boot rockets and bursted over the battle and landed on the ship. I quickly unlocked the door. And got into the ****pit. I activated short range communications and contacted the War bird class frigate in orbit. I ordered them to the coordinates I gave them. Within minutes, the frigate had dropped below the cloud cover and started to fire high explosive rounds into the mass of Ticki-ticki. They where slashed to pieces. Then, I saw 6 Ticki-ticki fighters overhead. I activated m engines and made pursuit! I locked onto 1 and fired my interceptor’s plasma cannons. BUD-EEOW BUD-EEOW! Went my cannons and the fighter exploded into flames. I managed to destroy 2 more as the rest retreated. I looked down and saw that that the rest of the surviving Ticki-ticki had fled.

After the battle, we had lost 100 troops or 50% of our men at the outpost. I was horrified. That was 100 fine men who had been massacred. We also managed to destroy 200 Ticki-ticki. Later on that day, I took command of the Frigate and took the remaining 4 fighters to explore the country.  We where flying North when we where attacked! 6 Egg-shaped fighters, firing phenton, swooped down firing. I said “Fire Ailon”! 12 Ailon cannons opened up on the fighters, destroying several. The rest, retreated for a moment, and then came back with 20 others! “Fighters, Attack, fire at will!” Outside, the fighters attacked the enemy ships and slaughtered them. We moved on until we found a city. We ran a scan on the city and found it to be inhabited by a species that was humanoid, but had armored white feathers and a beak like head.
They had faster then light travel and everything we had. More advanced then even the Scythanian League (See Part three, The Scythanian League) we decided to head back immediately.

Back at base I had been promoted to Captain! That mean I was now in command of my personal Armada Assault Cruiser (AAC)
AAC’s are the size of Washington DC. They are our version of the Heavy cruiser. Though they are puny compared to our planet sized HomeStars. An AAC’s Weapons include the following:

1500 Ailoncannons.
2000 anti-fighter turrets.
6 Intense Light System Disrupters.
500 S-7 Torpedo launchers.
600 000 Fighters.
50 000 Transports.
20 000 Bombers.
1000 000 men.600 plasma turrets and 200 of the new Neutron cannons. My first mission was to patrol the border with the Scythanian League

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »
Chapter three. The Scythanian League.

The Scythanian League is an empire consisting of 200 galaxies. We are rivals and quite opposite. The Scythanian League is all conquest and en-slavement. We are defense and freedom. They are hostile and aggressive. We are peaceful and defensive. The history of the Scythanian League is un-known but we do know that they are a wise, cruel, and ancient race. My AAC was patrolling the border near the Zoon Nebula. While doing a sensor scan for any ships within our territory, I was relaxing in my private quarters. While I was watching a Holo-film, I was suddenly called to the bridge. I activated a molecular teleporter and materialized at the bridge. My 3rd Lieutenant, an Arsian named Kalama, Gave me a status report. I watched the enhanced Hologram and saw something. I saw what looked like tiny ripples in space. My heart skipped a beat as I examined those ripples more closely. It was a pattern. 2, 2, 3. 2, 2,3. Those kind of Ripples where only made by Scythanian League cloaking technology! I gave the orders to lock on to the source of the ripples and fired a Ninnta flare. The flare disabled the ships cloak and revealed a Scythanian Scimitar, Their version of an AAC, I was about to order the shields to be raised when claw-shaped sip fired its huge, main Gamma cannon. BRRRMMMMM! The weapon made, as a huge, purple, Gamma beam sliced into us.
SCR-EET! SCR-EET! SCR-EET! The Alarms went off. “Status report”! I yelled. “Power cells down Captain. They knew where to hit. We’ve only got auxiliary power.” Third lieutenant Kalama shouted.  BRRRMMMMM! The Gamma beam hit us again! “Okay, forget that. We have got the emergency shield generator good and that’s it for defenses. As for weapons, we have got enough power for 1 12 torpedo spread and one neutron cannon shot. “Okay” I said. “Power up the shields. Now, fire the neutron cannon.” I ordered as the shields went up. TU-PEW! TU-PEW! TU-PEW! The Neutron cannons fired. Their intensely compact rounds took out the shield generators of the Scimitar. The moment the shields where down, I said “Fire torpedoes.” 12 S-7’s slammed into the Scythanian ship, ripping it apart. I was preparing to send a boarding party over to the bridge of the ship to look for data when the ship self-destructed. “Of course”. I thought. “They must have detonated the ship so the data could not be captured”. Then, an X-space tunnel opened up and an entire Scythanian attack fleet emerged. I made a jump to X-space before I could be detected. While we where traveling, I estimated that there where over 2000 ships in that fleet.

After 3 hours of travel, I emerged out of X-space by the planet Cuneal, our planet of defense for the quadrant I was in. I informed the high command of the situation and they gathered a fleet consisting of 200 Homestars, 400 AAC’s, and numerous fighters, frigates, and bombers. As we prepared for battle, I climbed into my personal fighter, The Selan Falcon. The Selan Falcon was built by me from scratch. It took me 6 years to complete. The Selan Falcon has all of the best cloaks, communications, Shields and X-drive. But the crown of the Selan Falcon is its 4 Neutron cannons. Neutron cannons fire very compressed, concentrated material. The cannons on my fighter will blow through Homestar armor.

We suddenly emerged out of X-space and into the enemy fleet. TSEEEWWWWW!  Ailon beams the size of New Zealand slammed into a Scythanian Devastator. The ships bridge erupted in a shower of flames. I attacked with a horde of fighters behind me. BUD-EEOW! BUD-EEOW! BUD-EEOW! My fighters neutron cannons tore through The armor of the Scythanian claw craft armor. Scythanians make their fighters so that they are covered with Gamma and Wainer weapons. The have so many guns that they have no room for a shield generator and can only make the shortest X-space jumps. They have armor that is supposed to partially deflect Ailon beams at a long distance but that armor plating is no match for plasma weapons and Neutron cannons. My weapons shredded through their formations as full battle joined. Frigates flew into fighter formations and let loose their arsenal of 12 Ailon cannons and 6 plasma turrets and 1 S-5 torpedo launcher along with 2 X-3 missile launchers. Psheew! Psheew! Gamma cannons fired at my ship only to be absorbed by my shields. I cut speed, and he over shot and flew past me sp that I could lock onto him. I locked on and fired a missile. KA-BOOM! He exploded into flaming bits of scrap metal. I then looked in terror as a Homestar exploded into a fire ball. I realized that if we destroyed their command ship, we would scatter their fleet. I got to a hangar and grabbed a bomber. I powered up and lifted off. I armed the Photo bombs and the single plasma cannon. I zeroed in on the enemy ship and dropped down so that I was just 10 feet above the surface. I was below the shields and moved in on my target. All Scythanian capital ships have a exhaust port that opened every 10 minutes to let out the Gamma fumes. If you launched a bomb down the port, it would explode among the central Gamma Cannons. I timed it and waited and… Yes! It opened. I quickly fired a salvo of 6 bombs down the port and went maximum burn and shot out of the area. I cut speed and waited. KAAAA-BOOOOOOMMM!!!!! The Devastator exploded in a huge fire ball. With their commander dead, The enemy fleet quickly fell apart and retreated. 6 AAC’s chased down stragglers and finished them off. I landed on the Homestar Dedication to a Heroes welcome. Pilots and gunnery crews carried me to my quarters while cheering. I went to my room and saw a message. I gasped. I was to report to The High Seaportian Council.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Chapter four. Bounty hunters!

The High council is in charge of the entire confederation. Not just a planet, not a Galaxy, not even a sector. The whole Confederation. I had been ordered to report the Council immediately. I assumed that I would be questioned about the Scythanian attack. I boarded a diplomatic transport and immediately jumped to x-space. I then went to relax in my lavish quarters. I was on a force field sleep-couch, for we modify force fields into something that you can sink into and sleep. They are very comfortable. Anyway, I was sleeping when a voice said that we where coming out of x-space right into the orbit of Sorucant, the planet where the council and senate reside. I got up and strolled toward the bridge and watched Sorucant get larger. The planet was twice the size of earth but for un-known reasons, had the same gravity. Sorucant is actually, my home planet. Humans from earth colonized it one hundred years ago. With such high security at the place I was going, I did not expect at all what would come next.

We landed and I walked off the ramp. I was no more than a couple meters off the ramp when the ship exploded. KA-BLAM! The fiery blast threw me through the air and I landed on force field. I got up and drew a plasma blaster. (since my experience on Cosonaly, I had discovered that Ailons where becoming obsolete in comparison to more compact weapons such as plasma guns and Neutron cannons.) The ship was no more than a few pieces of smoldering metal. Everyone else had been vaporized by the heat-wave of the explosion. I looked up and saw a ship go into a cloak. A ship that looked a lot like a green mosquito.

I told security what I saw and they quickly rushed me inside and activated a defensive shield. I felt quite secure in the council building. I activated a teleporter and materialized in the council meeting room. “Welcome, Captain Tycho Cenque of the SCS Enienty”. Said council member Skellan. “Greetings, High council”. I said. Council member Viv Callen said, “So, Captain Tycho, you saw a cloaked Scythanian scimitar and decloaked it and where fired upon?” “Yes”. I said. They peppered me with questions about the ship and the fleet. “Was it an invasion force or merely a battle fleet?” “Where there many enemy transports?” I answered these questions to the best of my abilities. Then, “You may go now captain Tycho.” Said High council member and leader of the confederation himself, Ziv Farron. “Thank you council leader Ziv Farron.” I said”. I was just about to leave when One of the council members informed me that there was a “little something” for me in hanger ten. I thanked them and left. I materialized on hanger level 10 and was heading toward the hanger when alarms went off. SCR-EET! SCR-EET! SCR-EET! “Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Suddenly, the Denecrete wall behind me exploded in a blue flash! KA-BAM! I whipped around and, standing in front of me was a Ticki-Ticki. It was covered in weaponry and was holding 6 phenton blasters! I turned around to run just as it fired seven phenton rounds at me! One shot vaporized my arm and I screamed in pain. I grabbed a regeneration packet and slammed it on my arm. My arm started to regenerate and within a few seconds, it as back. I grabbed a plasma blaster out of its holster and fired. PUD-EEOW! PUD-EEOW! PUD-EEOW! The creature’s tail exploded into a smoldering stump. It threw a blade at me that barely missed me. I saw a sigh that said hanger 10. I dashed in and saw the “little something” the council gave me. It was an armed transport about the size of a 3 houses. It had a powerful X-drive and several plasma turrets as well as one neutron cannon turret. It had living quarters and powerful shields and tough armor. I smiled and jumped into the M-shaped craft and powered up. I activated the shields so the hand-held phenton pistols became harmless. I left Sorucants atmosphere and orbit and looked behind me. I gasped, for the mosquito fighter was right behind me!  I locked on and fired my two rear torpedo launchers. The two bright blue balls shot through space and into the oncoming craft. The ship shuddered as the two weapons blew a hole in its fuselage.
Amazingly, it did not go down. It just fired a round a phenton at me. My ship rocked as the shields absorbed the impact. I then made a jump to X-space.

I emerged out of x-space around the planet Keela. Now, let me tell you, Keela is practically Hell. Lakes of burning acid, geysers that shoot out lava at unexpected times, murderous creatures that dwell in the huge oceans of burning, liquid sulfur, and huge vents that erupt liquid nitrogen. I went their in an attempt to escape the Ticki-Ticki bounty hunter. When I landed, he was already waiting for me with a huge energy blade in one hand, and a phenton blaster in the other. I grabbed a energy sword and 2 plasma blasters and several grenades. The creature stared at me with amusement in its eye. “What? You are going to try to fight Mercy
the bounty hunter?”  I didn’t say anything, only fired my blaster at him. He dodged the green bolts and slashed at me. I blocked, parries, and slashed of an arm. He slashed my legs of and I let out a scream of agony. “GGGAAAAAAUUUUGGHHHHH”!!! I yelled. But even then, the healing system was working its magic and my legs where back within seconds. We battled with our swords over the lava vents. It was horrifying because we each knew that, at any second, we could be hit by an explosion of white hot lava. FWOOOOOSH! A stream of it barely missed my face.
Then he jumped out onto a rock overlooking one of the fiery seas. The stench of burning sulfur nearly knocked me down but leaped after him and slashed of another arm. He screamed and shot at me. The blast hit my stomach. I gasped and fell into the sulfur sea. “AAAUUUUUUUUGH!” I screamed in agony as the molten sulfur enveloped me. I had to get out of here before it burned through my suit. I detonated a grenade that blew me back onto the rock outcropping and in front of Mercy! I threw a grenade which exploded tearing huge chunks of flesh off of him and me. Agony stabbed through me again as he ripped some meat out of my leg. I staggered up and drove an energy knife into his chest region. He collapsed, burning hatred in his eyes as he looked at me. Then I told him that if we battled anymore, we would annihilate each other. He nodded so we reached a truce and walked away across the barren, rugged battleground.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
Chapter five: Negotiations

I was on leave at one of the planets specially designated for officers to get some rest. I was reading a classic novel, Moby Dick when a beeping signaled a message incoming. I got up and checked. It was from Cuneal, our quadrant defense planet. The message explained that there was a group of Chalerian rebels. They had been stockpiling weapons and we had heard rumor that the leader was now preparing to make an attack. I was supposed to meet the leader and try to negotiate our way out of a war. I sighed and headed got into an Akron air speeder.

Within ten minutes I was at the spaceport. I saw a transport waiting for me. Within another six minutes, I was back at the bridge of my AAC. I entered the coordinates onto my navigation computer and jumped into x-space. After two hours of travel, we reached our destination. I decided to hail them. I had no wish to shed blood, especially after my battle with Marcy. “Seaportian cruiser calling Chalerian independents over.” We waited patiently for a reply. Then, “Seaportian cruiser, this is Chalerian independents, what is your business over?” “Chalerian independents, we come to discuss peaceful terms, the council is becoming worried over you aggressive behavior.” “Seaportian cruisers captain may come and negotiate peaceful terms over”. “Acknowledged Chalerian independents, Captain and 10 men will arrive shortly. Please send coordinates for teleportation to sector 12, position AAG16.” Acknowledged Seaportian cruiser, coordinates on the way”. Within moments the teleportation coordinates had arrived and I typed the into the main transportation computer. I headed to the main teleporter room with 10 guards and activated the teleporter. I said, “Computer, teleport cargo to coordinates to sector 3, HM SE, position XYK639. I felt my body disintegrate into an group of particles and then rematerialize in the Chalerian base.

“Welcome, welcome to the home of the Chalerian independents”! said a deep, husky voice. I looked around to see a multi-armed Chalerian come running toward me. Chalerians are usually about six feet tall and have many arms, usually around four to seven. They have 5 stalk eyes that are waving about constantly and looking in all directions. They have rust red bodies that look human. They also have two large legs that have claws at the end to help them get round and get a grip on their rocky planet. “Hello.” I said. I must talk with your leader immediately.” “Yes, yes, of course master Tycho. He will see you shortly. Have a seat. We will inform you when he is ready”.

Fifteen minutes later, the Chalerian leader was ready to talk with me. “The Grand master Chechen will see you master Tycho.” Said the Chalerian. “Thank you.” I said. I walked down a narrow corridor to a large, luxurious, room. On a chair in front of a desk, sat a Chalerian that was clothed in fine material. I sat down on a chair that was in front of the table. “Greetings, master Tycho. I pray that we will be able to work out a peaceful solution to this unpleasant situation.” Said the Chalerian. “My name is Chechen. I am the leader of the independent Chalerians. You surely know the reason for our cause.” I nodded. I had been briefed at mission control about the independent Chalerians. Chaleria was ruled by an empire. Though it was a good and just government, there where many Chalerians that did not like being ruled over by a royal power. The wanted to have an entirely diplomatic planet. There was a great war between the two factions which the imperialists emerged as the victor. The Independents fled to the hills and over time, became a strong group once again. The imperialists allowed them one third of the planet. I had been sent there because it had been reported that the independents where preparing to attack the imperial section of he planet in an attempt to take over with weapons that they had been stockpiling over time. He continued and said. “There are some people who say that we wish to over through the imperialists. We don’t. we have learned our lesson in the great war. We do not wish to repeat that massacre again. We have become devoted to peace. The rumors of weapons of “mass destruction” are simply rumors. We have only a few Ailon beam weapons that we bough from Seaport.” I then said. “Well, we do not wish that this planet to become a battleground again. However, we have captured several ships with crates of sniper rifles and building blasters.  The ship coordinates where directing the ship toward this very spot. I have a hard time believing your claims of “peace”. At this information, Chechen became very nervous; he started sweating and fidgeting in his chair. Suddenly, one of my men jumped in saying, “Sir! We have discovered a store house of long distance plasma cannons and an entire hanger full of fighters and a frigate! The main computer has battle strategies for an assault of the imperialists capital city!” I rose up quickly and called my cruiser. “Attention crews of the AAC Enienty, the Chalerians have lied. They have large stores of ships and weapons in which they plan to attack the imperialist capital city of Tenure. Send down a frigate to pick me up now!” I cut the communication and looked at Chechen. He was smiling sinisterly at me and he said. “Your men shouldn’t have been snooping around. This will cost you your life!” as he spoke, Chalerian soldiers armed with Ailon weapons stormed into the room. The aimed at me and my mind raced. Then I got an idea. I drew a Tine beam blaster at head. The troops then backed down. I slowly started to back out of the room. As soon as the door closed, I ran. I fired randomly behind me to keep the Chalerians off by back. I contacted my troops and ordered them to get out of the complex. I knew that I could not teleport because they had most likely activated an anti-beaming shield by now. I met up with the other men I had brought with me and told them to follow me. As we ran through a door, I slammed it shut and sealed it with my tine beam. My c-chip then signaled and the frigate crew said that they could not land due to heavy fire from the ground. I sighed and told my men to get to the hanger.

We got to the hanger and fired at the guards. They turned to vapor before they knew what hit them. I ordered the men to the frigate and we climbed in. We went to the Battle bridge and got to the pilot stations and weaponry stations. We lifted off and fired the main aileon beams and blew a hole threw the hanger wall. We flew through the defenses who where not expecting a ship frm behind. We flew up to the other frigate and took off  to the AAC above. When we boarded, I teleported to the battle bridge and starting rapping out orders. “lock onto Independent Chalerians main base and fire torpedoes and plasma cannons”. The ship bombarded the enemy base for ten minutes. When we zoomed in on the target, all that there was left was smoldering ruins. I wiped my head thinking “Now that’s diplomacy!”

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:56:32 PM »
Part Two: A New Threat

Chapter Six: Home coming

After my experience with the Chalerians, I decided to take a break. I was on the bridge of my AAC, in the middle of x-space on my way back to Earth. I had only visited earth a few times, and never been to the actual country from which sprouted an interstellar Confederation. Seaport was supposed to be a beautiful paradise, and I had often dreamed of visiting there. But when you are soldier, and captain the Seaportian military, you never usually get free time off. Now, my superiors have heeded my pleas for leisure time, and I was granted two weeks on earth. I then decided to go to my quarters and rest the cruise away. I activated local teleporter and materialized in my room. AAC quarters are standard, about 25X25 feet, commanders get larger rooms, and I have quarters the size of a large library. It includes racks of books, books on different species, planets, technology, weaponry, ships, tactics, their history, our history, our battles, former ships, battles technologies, achievements, etc. There was no bed, but there was a little projector which projected a force field into any shape colour, or texture. I walked toward, and lay down on it. I then pressed a little button. This button used special technology which activated the part of the brain which induced sleep. Most men used this technology to sleep through long trips. I fell asleep right away almost.

Hours later, I awoke. I got up, stretched, exercised, and beamed right to the bridge. I looked at the front of the screen and said. “Transparent.” Immediately, metallic grey turned to space, we had come out of x-space and were in Realspace. I looked at a rapidly approaching dot and smiled. It was earth.

The blue planet span closer and closer. We activated a simple cloak and prepared for exiting the ship. I walked down a couple levels to a private shuttle. I entered the craft, and heard the door hiss shut. The airlock door shut, and the pilot cleared us for leave. The force field opened, and we were swept into space.

The engines activated and we started moving forward very smoothly. We entered the atmosphere, and watched the heat shields glowed with heat. We came out and started streaking over to the Atlantic Ocean toward Seaport. The pilot hailed the base with his c-ship. “Base, this is shuttle number 039475 requesting permission to land.” “Roger that shuttle, what is your business here?” “Seaportian AAC captain coming in for leave of absence.”
Roger that again shuttle, land on pad number 6 at airfield Delta.” “Roger that base, will be landing in 1 minute.”

I saw the ocean sweep bye, and saw the island loom closer. Seaport was marvel to the modern world, having the only surviving specimens of the thought to be extinct Caspian tiger in it great tiger sanctuaries. The capital is the largest in the world, being sixty square miles in diameter. We flew towards a military base, and landed at the third airfield at the base. I stepped out of the shuttle and a director came out to meet me. “Welcome, master Tycho! I hope you will enjoy your stay in Seaport!” I responded promptly. “Thank you sir, I surely will.”

Chapter Seven: Call Back to duty

The following week was paradise. I visited the famous beaches, toured the Rulers mansion, dined in fine restaurants, and saw amazing films. After about one week after arriving I decided to tour the famous Tiger sanctuaries. They had the supposedly extinct Caspian, Java, and Bengali tigers there, Sumatran, South Chinese Tigers, and Bengal tigers. I was on the car that went through the fenced off areas, taking pictures of the amazing, majestic tigers sprawled out on the trees, rocks, and ground. I was gazing at a massive Caspian tiger that was looking right at me, dead in the eye. Suddenly, there was shimmering light around me. The world around me faded like a dream. All I could see was white/blue shimmering light. Then, a room materlized. I looked around; it was the bridge of my AAC! I was about to ask what happened when a voice said. “Captain, the council wishes to speak with you.” I shut up and followed the speaker to a communications room. When the council calls, you don’t waste time. I walked into the room, and the guards shut the door and left. I looked around, and a hologram shimmered. It was the council! I bowed my head and respect. Ziv Farron, The high council leader, said. “Captain Tycho Cenque, We have summoned you to do a task for us.” I nodded and he continued. “several days ago, one of our Homestars was on patrol when it disappeared. She was patrolling near the border with the Scythanian League, when she stopped transmitting. We hailed them several times and one last message came through. ‘Beware the league.’ We think the Scythanians are launching another attack. So, we wish you to take you cruiser and crew to investigate this disappearance. We shall be sending one Homestar with you, in case of big battle. Inform the moment you find out what is happening over there okay.” I nodded, terrified about the prospect of another attack, yet thrilled by the adventure of it all. “Affirmative council. I will be leaving right away.” “Good to hear it Captain, now good-luck and god-speed!”

As soon as the entire crew was listening, I announced. “Men, one of our Homestars disappeared a couple days ago while patrolling the border with the Scythanians. We believe they could be launching another assault. So, we are going down over there with that Homestar idling away outside and try to locate the ship or find what caused the disappearance, understood!” “Understood, captain!” Came the thundering reply. “Good, well, let’s move out!”

The next day, we were in x-space. X-space is strange, it is not real space, instead is a different dimension that we use to travel through by using special engines to create a shield around the craft which tunnels into x-space. When you are inside, it is like being enveloped in white out. When the engines are turned off, the shield disappears and you go back into space. I was knocked out of my thoughts as the ship shuddered. “What was that?” I said. “Sir, we are coming out of x-space!” We have appeared to hit a mine!” Mines! Pirates often put mines in the x-space routes. These mines will knock a ship of X-space, and every craft near it. They should deactivate a ships systems until the pirates come back to finish it off. However, they could not do much to an AAC or a Homestar. It wasn’t bad though, we were already by the border anyway. We started a scan for any debris from a ship. We found nothing. We continued to move along the border. Then, “Sir! A distress signal.” He turned it on to our frequency and we heard. “…Any ships…..please respond….SOS…. sector 37895…..help…………………… The signal died. I turned to my crew on the bridge. “Well, go to those coordinates, and tell that Homestars captain to follow us. Let’s go!”

We traced the signal to a cluster of ripped metal. This was interesting, and scan said this was indeed our missing Homestar.   Around the area, were three escape pods. “Get those survivors aboard.” I ordered. “Now.”

A few minutes later, the survivors were brought aboard the bridge. I immediately went over to one. “Sir, what is your rank and what happened to a mighty Homestar?” He responded. “I am Captain Terrenfold of the SCS Superior. We were doing a routine patrol, to see if the Scythanians were up to their usual tricks. We were on yellow alert, when we saw an x-space tunnel open. We immediately armed ourselves. We expected to seen a Scythanian scimitar or such. What came out of the tunnel was something that looked like a brick. A black brick. It had a perfectly smooth surface; it was about the size of our Homestar. We tried to hail it, but it didn’t reply. We were trying different languages when a hole opened up in its side. We were about to hail again, when a brilliant blue beam shot out this hole and sliced into the side of our ship. It ripped away our shields, most of our main fighter bays, and lots of weaponry. We tried to fire back with our main Ailon cannons, but it must have strange shields, those massive beams were just absorbed by the shields. I then returned fire with some blue energy, Phenton. I think it was called. “My heart froze. Phenton was one of the most powerful energies in the universe, common with the strange weapons of the Ticki-Ticki. It can easily blow through shields within a few shots. I was scared. Was the Ticki-ticki invading? If so, the entire confederation was stake easily. I was shaken out of my thoughts by one of the men on the bridge. “Sir, I think you should look at this.” I walked over and looked at the screen. What I saw made my blood run cold. An x-space tunnel, and out of the tunnel, poured score upon score of ships. A good comparison to the scene would be a box of building blocks being poured out. It was flood of black, smooth shapes, pyramids, cubes, spheres, blocks, rectangles, prisms, octagons, Hexagons, etc. Captain Terrenfold came to the screen and said. “That’s them; those are the kind of ships that assaulted me. Me and the crew watched in stunned silence as ship after ship poured in. Then, a ship, the size of Jupiter, emerged from the tunnel. It looked like a black, smooth, long three-cornered pyramid. I said to my computer specialist. “Hey, see if you can get some info off that ship.” He complied, and in a minute, his fingers were racing across the surface of the keyboard in blur. He said. “I got some. Here, I think this should be the most useful info right now.” I took his word for it. “Okay, tell that Homestar we are getting to the council planet.” He relayed the message, and as soon as he did, I activated the x-space engines and we were gone.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 10:57:08 PM »
Chapter Eight: Surviving And Clarifying

We flew through x-space, try to race communications from x-space to Cuneal, it wasn’t working. “I’m sorry sir!” My communications officer exclaimed. “We just can’t get through! There’s some sort of computer virus keeping us, or any ship in x-space from communicating with ships or planets in Realspace!” I sighed, and rubbed my forehead with my fingers. This was bad; we could only transmit messages long distance from x-space or through x-space. And we couldn’t. We would have to get with 30 million miles of Cuneal, and we were like, 200 billion. We wouldn’t get there for two hours. As we flew through space, there was another, similar jerk as a mine hit our ship and we jumped out of x-space. “Oh-uh.” I muttered. “Pirates.”

But it wasn’t pirates. It was city sized rectangular prism, sleek black, smooth, and several holes on the side. I yelled. “Shields up! Power up all the weapons! All pilots to your fighters!” There was a comforting humming sound as an invisible shield of energy coated the ship, and as the countless weaponry aboard powered up to unleash devastation upon the enemy cruiser. “There was a bright blue beam that erupted from the enemy ship. It struck our ship on the side. Everyone on board was knocked to their feet as the ship was whipped around. “Shields down to fifty percent.” Came a calm, computerized voice. “Fifty percent! Already? After only one shot?”  If we took too much more of this, we would be very dead very fast. “Engineering!” I barked. “Get the x-space engines online, now!” Then, to weapons control. “Okay, fire a spread of torpedoes and fire all neutron and plasma cannons on my mark!” I observed the ship; I thought to fire a weapon that big, they would have to deactivate the shields for a moment. “Scan the ships shields, put results on screen. Keep it updated to the millisecond!” An outline of the ship appeared, around it, thin little line. I glanced out the viewport. The hole was beginning to glow blow. I looked at the display. The line was fading! “Fire, fire now! A bank of hundreds of S-7 torpedoes flew through space. Behind them, a mass of plasma and neutron blasts. Just as the shields went down for the blast, the torpedoes slammed into it, vaporizing huge chunks of it. As it reeled from the impact, the neutron and plasma followed it up. They blew right clean through the shattered hull and into the interior. With that, the ship shudder, small, blue and purple fires breaking out. Then, with huge shudder, it exploded into atoms. I breathed sigh of relief. Then, my chief engineer’s voice came on saying. “Captain, x-space engines are online.” I replied. “Good men, now, take us to Cuneal.” “Aye, aye, sir!”

Back in the blank white nothingness of x-space, I reflected the fight. To get so far in to our territory so fast, they must have had planned this out very carefully. I had to get to Cuneal, and I had to get there fast.

Two hours later, We came shooting out of x-space into Realspace, the star blazing before our eyes. I immediately hailed the planet Cuneal. A hologram came in of a young human, maybe eighteen years old. “State your business.” He said. “Seaportian AAC captain wishing to warn quadrant defense leader of imminent threat.” He rolled his eyes and laughed. “What threat?” He asked sarcastically. “Mass invasion by enemy fleet thousands strong.” I replied. Instead of connecting me right away, he said. “Invasion? Captain, I don’t know what you have been drink’, but you drank too much.” I hissed at him. “Well, if you are such a funny person, maybe you can go entertain the troops. On the front line! Now, let me talk to the director or my words shall ring true.” He gulped and connected me. I told him. “Sir, we are under attack, by a massive, deadly force. Their fleet number well over the hundreds and into the thousands. Ten of thousands. We managed to retrieve this data from them.” With that, I sent this data.

We are the League Of Planets. We are, the League. This, is our power.

Species.

Wavers: Small, four foot creatures, very weak, fight with Luent pistols and grenades, named for the fact they are weak individually, but are usually de-ployed in massive waves.

Supers: Three meter tall creatures with regenerating skin. Fight with Luent rifles, phenton-rod launchers, League carbines, sniper Luent beam sniper rifles, and grenades. Very powerful, the heart of the League military, land, sea, or air.

Thickest: Two meters tall, thick bodies with tough skin. Not extremely intelligent, but very dangerous in combat. Very strong, use very powerful luent rifles, energy hammers, and phentonic axes.

Berserks: Massive creatures, over four meters tall, use massive phenton generaters that make massive balls of energy, which can be formed into shields, weapons to throw, or massive energy balls on a ‘rope’ of energy. Barely sentient, orders are tapped into their brains.

Seers: Seers are the leaders of the League, they are weak in combat, cowardly, and will hide behind soldiers. Have a hypnotic ability, this ability is the reason they managed to form the League.

I heard gasp as he read this information. He then said to me. “Get this to the council. I will gather all ships in the Quadrant over here. Now go now!”

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »
Chapter nine: Attempts

I had travelled to Sorucant right away. I immediately signaled the council. They received the news with grim silence. One of them said. “We have received no other reports from other galaxies. We assume because this one is our main galaxy, we council are here. We must mobilize the fleet immediately; we are going to send a task force over to meet this oncoming threat. More recent reports show the enemy fleet, the ‘League’ fleet is in sector four. We will be sending six thousand AAC’s, two thousand Homestars, and numerous other smaller craft over to destroy this threat.”

A beeping noise came in. A beleaguered voice filled the room. “High council, the enemy fleet in sector four is a decoy. The real fleet is over Denkar, They have landed millions of soldiers on the planet. Our force is outnumbered and heavily outgunned. We need the fleet here, now!” The communication ten was terminated. High council leader, Viv Farron said. “Well captain, it appears there has been a change of plans. You are to go with the fleet to Denkar.”

I saluted and shut off the communication. Outside, a massive x-space tunnel opened, thousands of ships flying out. The well known voice of the distinguished Admiral Vetner came online. “Okay fleet, the mission is simple. Get to Denkar, save the boys on the ground, and thrash the League back to where ever they came from. Landing force, keep your eyes open, trigger fingers ready, and you might all go home in one piece!” Everyone present thundered out a, “Yes sir!” He admiral signed off.

In x-space, all the soldiers on board readied their weapons for the coming fight. I went to my quarters to make sure my armor was top notch. Due to the devastation of Phenton, it was essential that armour was in prime, rip, ripe fighting condition. However, we had no samples of phenton, there for we had no effective armor against it. I was busy cleaning when there was a hum. I looked around and saw massive Ticki-ticki standing in my room. I grabbed for a gun when he said. “Peace, captain Tycho. I do not come to kill you, because if I had, you would have been dead a long time ago. I come with a gift for you. We ticki-ticki use phenton and other devastating weapons against other races who use the same weaponry. Therefore, we made the Ticki-Ticki Battle suit. It has no known weakness. We have heard of your upcoming battle, and have crafted a custom-made suit jusr right for you. It is nearly invincible, has all the weapons your old one had and more. They however, are all phenton powered making them way more powerful than your previous ones. We hope this suit will serve you well in future fights to come.”

With that, there was hum, and he disappeared. I looked at the suit, it was black, it looked rather like a mix between the Master Chief suit out of Halo and the suit from Iron Man. I put it on. Inside, it was amazing. It could see outside, and with a mind I could switch from Ultraviolet light, to infrared, to x-ray. Everything I looked at, had holographic layouts of health stats, energy level, species, habitat, etc. All could be turned off with my mind. I smiled; this battle was going to be not so bad after all.

After about two or so hours, we were preparing to emerge from x-space. The planet Denkar is the home planet of the Denkarians. The planet itself has very little undergrowth or trees. It is composed of vast plains, great lakes, and massive oceans. The Denkarians were great shipbuilders, and they were also an amphibious race. They resembled six foot tall salamanders. Beside the planet, it appeared again as if a bunch of building blocks were being suspended by wires. They did until you could make out the tiny blue lines zipping out of them. I ordered shields be raised. “They hummed to life immediately. Then, several League cruisers, all bricks, came toward me and the rest of the AAC’s. I yelled. “Fire all weaponry on the ship closest to firing.” A swarm of beams, bolts, torpedoes, and missiles streaked toward a ship that was arming itself to fire. The shields were strong, but not that strong. The shields evaporated, and the ship was smashed. It limped away. Meanwhile, one of the other ships had fired and blew a hole in the AAC Invincible. She was severely damaged, her pressure was falling. But, emergency force fields kicked in and she was saved. She tore off toward a Homestar for major repairs.

Another AAC, the Confederations Strong Arm, had the bridge torn off. The body floated off, out of control. Soon afterward, it exploded in a burst of purple flame. I shuddered horrified at the loss of hundreds of thousands of men. I ordered again. “Fire at the next one about to strike, fire into the hole! A horde of weaponry sliced right into the deadly hole. It exploded instantly in a bright burst of blue phentonic flame.

I thought we were doing well, Than, I saw a Homestar, and two AAC’s burst into pillars of green flame. I was shocked. The loss of life, and fact that we were losing so many ships so fast.  Of course, the League fleet had taken heavy damage as well, but we were taking the worst of it. I ship shaked violently as a phenton beam struck us. “Shields down to sixty percent Captain!” I was shook out of my thoughts by that statement. “Fire on the ship targeting us, fire a bank of torpedoes, and a volley of neutron and plasma shots to follow it.” The line of torpedoes shot out of our launch tubes and flew toward the enemy cruiser. The triangle prism was preparing to fire again, when the array of weaponry struck it, crushing shields and tearing chunks of gargantchewan proportions off the league craft.  I turned to a monitor which depicted our fighters engaged in vigorous dog-fights with league fighters. They appeared to be small models of their capital ships, except their phenton beam blasters were all located at the front. Our ailon beam cannons, which had been so effective in so many other theaters of our military struggles, were as useless as bullets against the league fighter’s shields. The ships with plasma and neutron cannons were effective against them, but the vast majority of our fighters were armed only with a main heavy-duty ailon beam cannon. These beams would only hit the shields, the walls of strange energy would flare, and then settle down again as the beams were scattered and absorbed by the foreign fighter shields. Plasma and neutron shots, which were more concentrated and heavy, would break through after a bunch of shots.

As I looked outside; I could see the shapes of Denkarian battle-fighters engaging the enemy. Their main weapon was neutron chain guns and cannons, so they were doing quite well. However, they were too few in number to make any great impact or dent in the enemy’s hordes. I was preparing to fire at another block, when a hologram came in for me. Admiral Vetner was on it. “Captain Tycho, I want you to take a landing party to the planet, we will need it. Ground observation reports over two hundred million League uglies on the planet. So, get over to the coordinates on you landing ship computer, and help out the dirt walkers!” “Yes sir!” I said then saluted.

I then proceeded to gather up a force of two thousand men, my best fighters. Twenty hundred men and ten leaders. Sub-company commanders. For in our military, six hundred makes of a company and two hundred is a sub-company. We all piled into the landing craft and detached. We started to descend to the planet’s surface through the throngs of fleeing, and fighting ships. We were preparing to enter the atmosphere when the ship jolted. I looked out the window. “Fighters! Everyone, get ready for another impact!” I yelled. The ship rocked back and forth again as the beams struck. The ship couldn’t take much more of this. I ran over to a turret. Activating the scanners, I quickly calculated four fighters. Three elongated pyramids, and one square cube. I locked onto one, thanking god that this was a neutron turret, and fired. “Phew, phew, phew! Three purple/blue shots rain toward the craft. It attempted to turn out of the way, but it was hit. It span away, deactivated toward the planet’s atmosphere. It was doomed, easily. The other three, all pyramids, flew in at me. I fired at the lead one, six times. It exploded in a burst of blue flame. The other two had gotten out of my line of view, and fired at the ship. It rocked, groaning in protest to the tortuous affair. I spun around and locked on to it.

Phew, phew, phew, phew! Neutron bolts blew through shields and ship alike. It limped off, black smoke pouring out of it. The last one made one more run. Its phenton exchanger glowed blue. Phew! The ball of neutron energy flew right into the hole. It immediately exploded into a ball of flame and smoke. I released a sigh of relief as the throngs of troops cheered. The ship continued the route to the planets surface. As we entered the atmosphere, I made sure my armor was ready for the battle yet to come.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
We landed on the ground to relieve the beleaguered third division. As I stepped off the ship, I could hear an explosion saying that someone, or several someone’s, had just lost there lives. “Captain Tycho, Captain Tycho!” I turned to the sound of the voice. A soldier was rushing towards me. “Captain Tycho! The General wishes to speak to you right now!” With that, he turned away. I followed him without a word. When the general calls, you don’t waste time.

I walked into a shielded off a building. The soldier led me to a room. I walked inside, and in front of me was five star general Aleech. He motioned for me to sit down. “Captain Tycho, I am here to brief you on the situation. Two days ago, we were attacked. Our costal defenses were smashed, and we were helpless to stop them landing troops. We only managed to get call for help through x-space about twelve hours ago. They call themselves, the League. Anyway, there is no real high ground on this planet, thank god, but the soil and ground is rather soft, enabling them to dig some trenches. They are all protected by heavy-duty shield generators, so they are all, but invulnerable to air attack. We have set up our own set of trenches, but they are more vulnerable, for it appears that our shielding system is inferior to ours.” He said that last line with some apparent difficulty. “We are planning to launch a major counter offensive soon, with the millions of extra men and tanks and such. I want you to lead my personal elite battle group, the Hornet Brigade.” Also, I think this document will come in handy.” With that, he handed me a holo-sheet. It read.

This is readout of the main battle creatures of the Leagues military.

Species.

Wavers: Small, four foot creatures, very weak, fight with Luent pistols and grenades, named for the fact they are weak individually, but are usually de-ployed in massive waves.

Supers: Three meter tall creatures with regenerating skin. Fight with Luent rifles, phenton-rod launchers, League carbines, sniper Luent beam sniper rifles, and grenades. Very powerful, the heart of the League military, land, sea, or air.

Thicks: Two meters tall, thick bodies with tough skin. Not extremely intelligent, but very dangerous in combat. Very strong, use very powerful luent rifles, energy hammers, and phentonic axes.

Berserks: Massive creatures, over four meters tall, use massive phenton generaters that make massive balls of energy, which can be formed into shields, weapons to throw, or massive energy balls on a ‘rope’ of energy. Barely sentient, orders are tapped into their brains.

Seers: Seers are the leaders of the League, they are weak in combat, cowardly, and will hide behind soldiers. Have a hypnotic ability, this ability is the reason they managed to form the League.

As I read this, I grew more and more horrified. After intercepting it from the league ship, we thought it might have just been a hoax, something to strike fear into the hearts of opponents. Now, we had confirmation that  these creatures, these horrible, un-earthly monsters were real. And we were fighting them soon.

A few hours later, I went outside, battle armor on. In front of me, were two thousand elite troops, some of the best in the infantry. The Hornets brigade was a Special Forces group, designed for the toughest most extreme, dangerous missions in the entire Confederation. They were all dressed in black, black with white stripes, like a hornet. I stood up in front of them, addressing them. “Soldiers! Today, our mission is to strike at the main command base of the league invaders. They position is well armed and heavily defended. The twenty fifth and sixth armies and the Denkars will be providing a diversion. The plan is, position snipers around the area, to prevent anyone or anything coming in or coming out.

I will then proceed to lead the rest of the force in. Once inside, we will split up into groups of fifty. The General has already told you what groups you are going to be in. Once we get to the center of the whole complex, we will try to locate the power grid. It looks like a massive glass tube with glowing liquid inside of it. We will set charges timed for ten minutes, and then we are going to get out. The charges should explode once we are safe distance away. Am I understood Hornets?” “Aye aye, captain!” Came the thundering reply which rolled over the assembled troops who stood and spoke as one voice and body. “Let’s move out!” I said.

We all piled into Condor dropships and took off. As we approached the command base, we could see the masses of Humans and Denkars fighting with small things which must have been wavers, tall, deadly looking creatures, obviously supers, and massive looking brutes which must have been Berserkers. There were none of these Thicks though; they must all be back at the base. Our cloaked Condors flew silently and un-detectibly over the battle ground. I could see the command base coming up ahead, it was several miles in diameter, dull gray, and full of catacombs. Our ships landed and dumped us off. They immediately disappeared into the cloud cover. We were on our own.

I gripped my assault Neutron rifle closely and crept forward, my cloaking device on. I gave the signal for the snipers to take their positions. They vanished like black cats at midnight. I saw two Thicks standing at the entrance slump down, holes in their heads. I allowed myself a quick smile. I crept forward, not making a sound. As we neared the entrance, two more Thicks came out. They dropped the moment they came out. We got to the entrance, and I ****ed my assault rifle. A little waver came around the corner. I fired off one quick shot. I collapsed immediately. We moved around the corner and into another passageway. Nothing. We continued our silent, invisible advance. We rounded one more corner nothing. Not a sound, not a sight, not a whisper. It was quite, too quite. Then, my scanners went over time. A hologram shimmered, and I saw Thicks, Berserkers, supers, and wavers. Hundreds of them.

My breath got caught in my throat hoping my cloaking device would fool them. But dame fortune is ever fickle lady. It shut off. So did everybody else’s. The mass of enemy charged. I shouted out orders to all the other groups. “Hornets, it’s trap. Get out of the building, now!” I fired my rifle at a super. It’s chest exploded from the inside out, flinging insides all over me and the others. I saw pair of berserkers charge into the hornets, flinging them aside like chaff. I yelled. “Out, fight your way to the entrance. But the exits were already filling up with League warriors. One look at the stats of my soldiers told me the snipers were al already dead, and more were as well. It was trap, a perfect trap.

I drew my energy sword and started slashing my way through the enemy hordes. A super jumped at me, a weapon called luent rifle in his hands. I slashed a deep gash in his skin. To surprise and shock, it scabbed in seconds. A few seconds later, the scab fell off. This was bad; creatures with regenerating skin were much harder to kill. But not impossible. I drew back my blade, and cut his head off. The body fell to the ground into a pool of purple blood. I fought back my nausea and fought on, trying ignore the coppery smell of human blood, and the burnt plastic smell of alien. I said. “Soldiers, rally to me!” Surviving hornets tore their way over to me. I said. “Deploy the wind mill.” This is a fighting move, when a group of soldiers form a circle around the others and slash with their energy swords. The men inside the circle fire over their heads and into the enemy ranks, protected by a wall of swords. Using this fashion, we fought out way to he entrance. We started running, trying to activate our cloaking devise. They wouldn’t work. Behind us, the nemy shot at out retreating back. I looked around, out of the original two thousand Hornets, plus the snipers, there were only 375 left. I slumped down, totally horrified. A hornet bent over me and said. “Sir, we must leave! They’ll kill us if we stay here any longe-.” Before he could finish his sentence, his head exploded into a chunk of charred flesh. I threw his corpse off and ran. Hornets were fast, but not as fast as the Berserks! The fifteen foor nightmares stormed up behind us, with giant chunks of strange, foreign metal as shields. On their right arms, there was massive projector. There was a hum, and massive balls of phenton came out of them. “Oh, crap--.” Muttered a hornet right before being blown to oblivion by phenton. They leapt into the ranks, swinging massive balls of phenton at us, decimating our ranks. Ne kicked me to the ground, and slammed me with the phenton ball. WHAM! It was liking being hit by a giant hammer! But the suit had been crafted phenomenally well. It was burnt and battered, but still in good fighting condition. I leapt under his next swing, and stuck a plasma grenade onto his chest. Leaping off, I watched him explode in spray of bright orange blood. I then signaled for a pickup, hoping by the time the condors, if they were still intact, would not be too late.

Outnumbered and outgunned, me and the few remaining hornets retreated across the battle field. Brrrrrrrrrrrrt! One of the hornets fired a shoulder mounted chain gun at advancing line of Berserkers. Several went down, no match for the rain of neutron, but the others kept coming. They fired huge balls of plasma from their massive generators. Hornets vaporized right and left; their armour stood no chance against the heavy weaponry. We were being slaughtered like lambs among lions. Our original two thousand men had been cut down to only one hundred and fifty seven. We would all die soon, I thought grimly. Then, like angels from heaven, came assistance.
Flying wings! These fighters were nick named for their shape similar to a B-2 flying wings. They was an angled wing on one side, and an angled wing on the other. The ****pit was in the middle, and two heavy plasma cannons, one per wing. There was also a torpedo launched on the under belly, and two missile launchers. They silver ships came out of the blue and began to slaughter the massed enemy forces. The massive bolts of concentrated energy blew the enemy into tiny steaming chunks. The greatly decimated league ranks scattered like leaves before a hurricanes gale. Condor dropships fell down out of the sky and opened up. We walked aboard, all of us to stunned and happy to be alive to say a word. I however, went up to the pilot and asked. “How did you find us?” He replied. “We are the force that came to pick you up. When we saw what a pickle you were in, we called in some air support. Looks like we just arrived in just the nick of time.” I said. “Well, thank you.” “No need captain, it’s my job. Tis what I do.” I said thanks again, and went back to a chair. I sat down on it, and waited for the ride to end.
When we got back to our base, I went straight to the general. “General.” I said. “We launched the infiltration as ordered, but they must have figured it out somehow. The league had set up a perfect. Trap. Most of the hornets were killed in action sir. Though those league uglies paid dearly for their deaths.” He said. “Well, that is the cost of war. I heard that only one hundred and fifty seven survived the encounter, is that correct? I said. “That’s confirmative general.” He sighed, emotion thick in his voice. “Those soldiers were like sons to me, every one of them. Now, most of them are gone. Dead. Well, those league uglies are going to pay ten for every one of them! Am I right Captain?” He yelled at me. “That’s right sir.” I replied. He then continued. “The diversion was waste of lives, thirty thousand Denkarians, and fifty thousand Seaportian soldiers of all kinds of species lost their lives today. And only forty thousand league murderers were killed! They have superior and more creatures then we do. The fight in space has been costly. Thirty seven Homestars have been destroyed, twenty mangled horrifically and were forced to evacuate. Thirty billion killed. Forty billion wounded. And seventy AAC’s have been annihilated, fifty wrecked beyond repair. Twenty seven evacuated for massive repairs. One hundred and thirty five wounded. Millions of fighters destroyed and millions killed. Thousand of frigates, corvettes, and transports destroyed.”
As he listed of the casualties, I stood there, locked in horror. Scores upon scores of billions of dead Seaportians. This universe has many fools who consider war a fun game. Well, they do not know war until they have been through war. Until they have had their best friends torn to pieces before their eyes and seen destruction and murder on such vast scales that boggles the mind. I have experienced war on that scale; I have experienced the darkness of war. I have had friends die before my eyes, bleeding to death on an alien world trillions of light years from home. I have seen billions of people disappear in flash of silent light in heat in the cold, dark void of space. And I have seen peoples’ minds snap because of the strain of war. They start raving, they claw at their faces. Then, they kill themselves. To all of you fools out there, war is not a game. War is hell. I walked out of the room. I lay down on my bed, waiting for sleep to claim me, for the terrors of war to fade into darkness. I waited, for sleep.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 11:03:01 PM »
Chapter Eleven: All is lost

I awoke the next day, the thoughts and memories of the nightmarish battle still ringing in my head. I got up, got into my battle suit and walked out. The general saw me, and called to me. “Tycho, get in here, now!” I followed him in without question. I sat down on the other end of the table. “Tycho, I have news for you. That assault yesterday has depleted the bulk of our forces. We have only about sixty five thousand men left, and the Denkarian home army only has twenty five thousand soldiers left. A strange computer virus has affected about two thirds of our ships up in orbit, they are recovering, but, we have experienced technical problems in the night. The main shield generators are down, the main heavy cannons and perimeter defensive turrets have been neutralized. We are quite sure that they are planning to launch a major counter offensive to wipe us off this planet. All through the night, heavily escorted transports have been landing all night. We are completely out numbered, aerial reports have reported that they are starting to move here already. We are try to kill this virus to get some more transports down here, but we have failed so far. All we really have is 20 heavy-duty condor dropships. They can carry up to two hundred men each, but that is not enough to get out of here in time.” He was about to speak again when an explosion rocked the area.

We ran outside, League fighters were flying over head, dropping bombs and strafing at he helpless men on the ground. Fighters trying to take off were ripped to pieces before they could even fully power up. Small, anti-air turrets and units of men opened up on the aerial tormentors. Green plasma charges and rocket trails soon filled the air. A few league fighters, started to being nicknamed shapes, were destroyed, but not enough. Then, as soon as the attack had begun, it was all over. An uneasy feeling set in among us. The general turned on the loud speakers and said. “Well, that was an un-expected visit now wasn’t it? Now, all remaining soldiers grab your weapons and set up defensive positions. I’d bet a months’ worth of missions that was soften up. All the troop deliveries to them, all the power outs, the computer bug on the fleet, all points to one thing. An all, flat out assault. Gentlemen, unless evacuation forces arrive soon, we will be wiped out. So, I intend to take out as many league uglies as I possibly can.  You should too. This has been a short, but bloody war. We have done well but in the end, all is lost.” A grave silence had fallen over the men. The general was not prone to making defeated speeches. The soldiers, went over to all of their quarters, and grabbed their weapons and put on their armour.

I prepared myself to go down fighting. However, I was determined to take down as many as I possibly could. I walked over to a mounted neutron chain gun and prepared to fire when the enemy started showing on the horizon. I sat there, wondering how long our position could last. There was no high ground for the enemy to occupy, but the league easily outnumbered some one hundred to one at the very, very, very least. I was shooken out of my thoughts by the sight of a something advancing. Grabbing a pair of electro-binoculars’, I could see it was league forces. Millions of them. I prepared my chain gun. I heard shriek emit from the league forces who started rolling over the plains like a tidal wave over a city. Many men became edgy and nervous looking. “Stand you ground men, stand your ground!” Came shout from behind us. I waited until the leagues were in range, then, I let it loose.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt! The chain guns little chunks of incredibly dense neutron poured into the advancing hordes. They were cut down under the heavy fire pouring into them. As they got closer, I could see the order they were in. Wavers charging first, supers coming up just behind them, thicks behind them, waving their massive phentonic axes. And Berserkers behind them. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rt! Went the chain gun. Down went the enemy.

As I fired, I noticed that men were being cut down on either side of me. We were doing rather well, but we were hopelessly outnumbered. We were mowing them down, but there was to many leagues, not enough of our soldiers. They were getting slaughtered, but they were getting closer. They were only one hundred yards away now. Only fifty yards. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrt!  The chain gun hummed and shook as it poured death into the tightly packed ranks of enemy soldiers. Only twenty five yards. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt! Went my chain gun. They were only twenty yards. Now they were only ten yards. I could see details in their faces. With roar from the league thicks, they swarmed into us. The lines had met!

I immediately activated my guns self-destruct mechanism and leap off, drawing my sword out its sheath and activating the shield of energy around it. Slicing through the enemy ranks, I backed away from the gun. It exploded, killing two supers. Most of the wavers and supers were armed with a strange type of rifle and pistol that fired pink energy bolts. I had read that they were called luent rifles and pistols. Whatever luent was, it was strong. Blowing through our soldiers battle armour with just a couple of shots.

I fought my way through the enemy ranks, trying to reach some cover from which to fire at the league ranks from. I could see the general to my left in a doorway with a shoulder-mounted chain gun, firing away into the masses of leagues packed around him. He was swearing at them in seven different languages, which was probably causing as much damage as the weapon itself. I started to slice my way towards him, when a super appeared in front of me. It also had an energy sword. It grinned with its tri-pieced mouth and swung. I blocked under the massive, sweeping blow, and ran him through. He slid of my blade. Then, there was striking pain as my ticki-ticki- made battle suit was sliced through. I turned around, and saw a thick preparing to swing at me again with a massive axe. I wondered why he was using an axe, until a saw the glow of a phenton field around it. I thought to myself.  Well, they were wrong. It does have weakness after all. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????He swung again. I dodged out of harm’s way, but not before he sliced chuck of flesh and suit of my left arm. I quickly sliced a piece off his left leg. He howled in agony. While he was distracted, I quickly ran him through the chest, finishing him off. I leapt back into the fray, slicing a path towards the general.

I finally managed to reach him. He was starting to reach the end of his supply of ammunition. I threw him an energy sword. “Thanks captain.” He said. “I’m sorry that you had to get all tangled up in this mess.” “Don’t apologize.” I told him. “It’s my duty to you and the entire confederation as a captain to defend it. I’m just doing my job.” “Well, some job.” He remarked. “It might be nicer to just have a desk job, lot safer you see.” “true.” I replied. “But having a desk job is incredibly boring. With this fun job, you have some stories to tell your grand kids when you get old.” He remarked. “I don’t want to knock down you point, but I don’t think any of us is going to be left to grow any older.” “You have point there, sir. However, it’s better to day surrounded by comrades in arms, going down fighting to the end, then of old age hooked up to all sorts of medicines. I have heard that many captains and commanders who are about to be retired, have taken their ships out on suicide missions.” The general replied. “Well, that’s nice to know.” He said morbidly. He had run out of ammunition for his neutron chain gun and had started slashing away at the enemy ranks with his energy sword. I could see our soldiers, though fighting bravely, where being decimated by the endless amount of league soldiers. I fought on, even though my armour had been opened up in a dozen places and was starting to grow weaker and weaker. I knew I couldn’t take much more of this. Then, just when all hope seemed to be lost, salvation came. An AAC came descending through the cloud cover. Pinpoint ailon fire started cutting down into the ranks of the enemy. The league soldiers immediately scattered. The consistent ailon and plasma fire continued to hammer them as they retreated. I had stopped fighting; I could only stare in shock as the Armada Assault Cruiser continued to decimate the enemy ranks. I could only stare in shock, as landing craft started breaking off and heading for the ground. Then, darkness blocked out my vision . I collapsed as consciousness left me.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »
Chapter Twelve:  Disaster on all fronts.

I awoke a while later on the AAC Independence. I was in a sickbay on a medical bed. “Welcome back to the world, captain Tycho.” A friendly voice said. I turned around to a see the doctor, human. “Hello doctor, where am I?” I asked. “You are on the grand AAC Independence.” We picked you up after we landed. I can’t believe you are not dead. Your battle suit was ripped to pieces, but after a couple of hours, it was back! Good as new! !  I wish to study it later, with your permission captain.” I replied. “Not just yet, doctor. I will let you examine it, but not just yet. However, I would like to go to the bridge and receive a full battle report, if I may doctor.” He responded. “Of course sir, there seems to be no real damage. Just a cut or two from those strange axes.” I said. “Well, thank you.” I then got up, and activated a teleporter to the bridge.

I materialized at the bridge. Immediately everyone on board came to a swift attention. I said. “At ease men, where is the captain of this grand vessel?” Right behind you, Sir.” came a voice from behind me. I turned around and in front of me was a Cornelian. He was six feet tall, a humanoid with pebbly blue skin. Cornelians have long, flexible limbs with eight fingered hands. They also have a long, eight foot tail with a poisoned blade at the end. I addressed him. “Who are you?” “Captain Faylorn of the SCS AAC Independence. You are captain Tycho of the SCS AAC Enienty, am I correct?” I responded immediately. “Yes sir, I have just come from sickbay and wish for a complete battle report.” He replied. “Well, you want battle report?  Well, here is a battle report.” With that comment, he handed me a holo-pad. I took it to a chair and sat down. I then began to read tale of tragedy.

Record of events involving the last sequence of events for the date November 20, 2008, galactic time 6:01 PM.

Seaportian fleet consisting of eight thousand capital ships made their way over to the planet Denkar to engage the main assault fleet of a unknown group of species called the League of planets. The fleet made an x-space jump and arrived at the planets are sector within the time period of two hours. Homestars Dedication and Victoria broke formation to engage the enemy. League craft varying in size from our Homestars to fighters all in the form of different shapes. Dedication fired her main Ailon beam cannons at the nearest league battleship, a sphere. Ailons had no effect. League craft returned fire with an unknown blue energy beam which decimated the shields by fifty percent. Dedication returned fire with main neutron and plasma turrets which caused some damage to the league craft, but not sufficient to disable it.

The league cruiser returned fire again, totally disabling shields. It fired again, ripping a sizeable hole in the hull of the Dedication. Before any counter measures could be taken, the enemy craft fired once more, destroying the Dedication. Victoria fired a full broadside of neutron cannons and S-7 torpedoes, blowing a large hole in the enemy cruisers hull. It limped away immediately. As the Victoria turned to port, a craft like a rectangular block came up and fired a massive blue beam, completely disabling the Victoria. However, it did not fire for several minutes after this. Evidence suggests that the power needed for this magnitude of fire power forced it to recharge for awhile. However, due to being helpless, the Victoria could not respond. After a period of several minutes, the enemy battleship recharged and fired, destroying the Victoria.

On the other side of the planet, the fleet’s AAC’s fought with league versions of the former mentioned. The AAC Enienty fired the first shots opening fire with all apparent weaponry onboard. The commander has apparently learned how to destroy these league vessels, because his first shots annihilated the craft he had targeted. He then proceeded to destroy one more when he was called to lead an assault on the land below. However, in spite of these successes, many ships were lost. The AAC Invincible was heavily damaged and forced to evacuate. Another AAC, the Confederations Strong Arm, had its bridge blown off by concentrated fire and was vaporized. The AAC Independence managed to destroy a league cube, but sustained heavy damage to the right wing tip area. It engaged another cube and mauled it savagely, but was horrifically damaged in return, forcing it to retreat to a Homestar for repairs. On the southern side of the planet Denkar, the Denkarian Grand Fleet consisting of twelve hundred capital ships, all the size of AAC’s, engaged and destroyed seven hundred league ships their size. But two Homestar sized league cruisers in the shape of pyramids arrived at the scene and savaged half of their remaining ships. The surviving forces, about two hundred and seventy eight capital craft managed to escape. In more detailed reports, The Denkarian Planetary Defense Cruiser, or PDC, fought and destroyed over three league ships its size. It was damaged beyond repair in the fight however, and while attempting to return to a dock for repairs, was ripped apart. Fighter losses on the Seaportian side were well into the hundreds of millions, Denkarian’s losses were in the tens of thousands, and League was in the millions.

On the ground, League forces had attacked positions almost immediately upon arrival. The Denkarian home army bases were among the first HQ’s assaulted. The Denkarians held their position for only fifty seven minutes before being over whelmed. The Denkarians lost fifty seven million soldiers out of their one hundred soldier army. The remaining forty three million soldiers retreated further back to the Seaportian arsenal. They combined troops took their positions there and held in for several hours. Shortly after the arrival of the fleet, reinforcements arrived down on the planet. The general, General Aleech, launched a massive counter offensive in order to disable enemy HQ. Led by Captain Tycho Cenque of the AAC Enienty, two thousand elite hornet soldiers attacked the base while the Seaportian and Denkarian armies engaged the main league force in brutal hand-hand combat on the ground. The raiding party was infiltrating the league fortress, but was discovered somehow by the league. They were ambushed by well over five thousand league soldiers. Half of them were slaughtered in minutes. The remaining thousand hornets and their leader fought their way out of the league base and carried the battle out onto the open plains. They put up a brave and valiant fight, but ultimately to no avail. They were saved from certain slaughter by the timely arrival of condor drop ships and fighter bombers.

Scarcely a day after this failed assault, the decimated forces were attacked after league forces were reinforced and unleashed a computer virus which disabled main base shields and cannons. Also, most of the fleet was paralyzed by the virus for a short time. The two forces engaged in murderous close-quarters combat and were again saved from certain destruction by the arrival of the AAC Independence.

Total losses in ship battle:
Homestars: Thirty seven Homestars lost: Twenty nine billion killed, military and civilian alike.
Damaged: Thirt seven damaged and forced to evacuate.

AACs: Seventy three destroyed, fifty wrecked beyond repair. Twenty seven evacuated for massive repairs. One hundred and thirty five wounded. Millions of fighters destroyed and millions killed. Thousand of frigates, corvettes, and transports destroyed.

The Denkar Grand Fleet:
PDC’s: Out of two thousand, seventeen hundred and fifty lost.
Fighters and other smaller craft: Unknown numbers lost, well into the thousands.

I read the report, I was absolutely stricken at the catastrophic losses. I had just finished reading the bloody report when a Denkarian came in. He was six feet, tall, with aqua blue skin and a yellow stripe running down his back. He was almost identical to a salamander that size. His skin was perfectly smooth his eyes burned with anger. Someone whispered to me that this was Admiral Callern Finswim. He walked up to the captain and said. “Well captain, did you and your glorious fleet manage to save Denkar? No, the leagues running over it like ****roaches over a cake tells me that!” “Now, admiral, we did all in our power to prevent league forces from taking possession of you home planet, but we failed. We will regain it in the futu-“ He was cut off by the angry Denkarian. “Oh, you say you will, but you can’t promise that! We joined you when you said that you would protect our planet at all costs, well, you lost less than a twentieth of your force and you evacuated? Why?” Captain replied. “We lost over twenty five billion people! We just can’t stand losses like that. We just had to retreat.” “Yes, you retreated to save your people, but my people? Why didn’t you save them as well, hmm? Oh, that’s right, the great, almighty confederation only cares for their people, not the ones who were killed fighting for them.” That left the captain silent. With an angry hiss, Admiral Finswim turned around and left. I left and went to some quarters.

I walked into my quarters and locked the doors. I went to a small panel and typed in the identification number for my AAC. 8178923656. I held my breath as the computer searched for it. To my relief, a green light came up and writing said.
AAC Enienty.
Damage: two hundred meter hole in hull, repairs in progress.
Casualties: Twenty thousand dead.
I felt a pain strike in my heart as I read the number of men who had been killed. However, at least the ship wasn’t damaged badly. I decided to return to the Enienty as quick as possible. I quickly contacted Captain Faylorn and asked. “Captain, I wish to travel back to my cruiser immediately, is it possible?” He responded to me. “Of course captain Tycho; we shall give you a transport right away.” I frowned. I preferred to fly my own craft usually, instead of being ferried around by some pilot trying to be on his or her best behaviors. You see, it was no fun to be in the middle of a fancy dancy room, while you could be cruising through the heavens in the small, but comforting ****pit of a single seat fighter. I asked him. “Captain, no offence to be taken but could I fly a fighter over to my cruiser instead sir? It would be quite preferable.” He said. “Well, I guess we could spare the fighter. Go to hanger bay twelve, sector three, dock seventeen. Good luck captain Tycho and Godspeed.” I thanked him and left. I went to the quarter’s teleporter. I activated to hanger bay twelve. I felt myself disintegrate into trillions of tiny pieces and re-assemble again.  I walked out of the teleporter room and down the hallway and into the doorway marked sector three. I ran down the hallway on the right of me to a doorway marked dock number fifteen. I sighed, and backed back out into the hallway. I went down the passage one passage away from the original one I had chosen. I walked down the hall to the door. It was marked Dock number thirteen. I sighed and backed out of the hallways again. I saw a passing maintenance man and said. “Excuse me, what direction is dock number seventeen?” He replied with a sneer. “And why should I tell you the direction to captain Faylorns personal fighter?” I was amazed that Faylorn was giving me his own fighter for usage. I replied. “Because I am a captain and I am under orders from Faylorn to use it.” With that bit of news, he cleaned up his act. “Oh, a captain. Well, er, sorry about my outburst. I was a bit nervous and” I interrupted him saying. “I understand completely, it is odd for a stranger to ask for your captains’ fighter. Now, where is it?” He said. “Down that passage way.” He pointed to a passage way a couple meters away from the one I had started at. I said thanks and went down the passage way. At the end, in bright blue letters, said. Dock number seventeen. I said. “Thank god.” And went inside.

The ship hovered by the dock with a continuous hum. It was quite amazing. It was a rather small ****pit, with a heavy plasma or neutron cannons mounted on the nose for accurate shooting. The engine was mounted on the end of two long metallic poles, doubtlessly energy transporters, in a rather perilous position. However, I was quite positive that it was a spinner mount, a mount that could movie all round the ship in a three-sixty degree angle. It was designed to dodge any energy blast coming at it. Therefore, very difficult to hit. I walked down the dock and into the ****pit. I sat down, and powered up the ship. It hummed louder and lights came on in the ****pit. I pleasant voice said. “Good morning captain, would you like to do auto pilot, or manual?” I replied. “Manuel thanks.” “You’re welcome.” Came the automated reply. I activated the engines, opened the hanger doors, and shot out into the fathoms of space.

As the speedy craft blasted through the depths of black space, I looked around at the ships around me. All around were the ships of the fleet. Many were damaged, engines were missing, holes were in the hull, or weapons had been ripped off. A story of tragedy all around. I flew through the scene of floating devastation and saw my ship. I winced at the sight of her. She had a large hole in the port side of her hull on the neck. I hailed her and prepared to land.

Post Merged: December 15, 2010, 01:59:23 PM
Holy crap, this is terrible!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:59:23 PM by Deck the Halls with pounds of Gumby! »

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw