Author Topic: Morphing Qs: Mass In Zero Space, Pregnant Women  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Tim Bruening

Morphing Qs: Mass In Zero Space, Pregnant Women
« on: October 26, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
When one morphs a small animal, the extra mass goes into Z-Space.  When one morphs a big animal, the extra mass needed comes from Z-Space.  Is it possible for Z-Space to run out of mass?

What happens when a pregnant woman of whatever species morphs?

Offline Sorunome

• Muffins
  • Xtreme Member
  • Imma pony
    • My Website (You might loose THE GAME)
Re: Morphing Qs: Mass In Zero Space, Pregnant Women
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
Is it possible for Z-Space to run out of mass?
I don't think so, i think mass is been created there.
IMO the baby morphs with her - just like all the bacteria in your body which clearly are not you.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 12:27:41 AM »
Is it possible for Z-Space to run out of mass?
I don't think so, i think mass is been created there.
IMO the baby morphs with her - just like all the bacteria in your body which clearly are not you.

The Journey: Marco morphs, without causing all the sentient beings within him (Animorphs, Helmacrons) to morph with him.

Offline itw2009

• Gold Donor
  • your daily dose of skepticism
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 09:49:37 AM »
hahaha. sounds like a KASU.

unless z-space comes with mass (perhaps it can? what's the density of the equivalent of a single point in alternate-space that is somehow simultaneously-ish connected to all other points in normal-space? i would think, fundamentally, that z-space would inherently have zero mass to explain this phenomenon....butye ah), i'd apply lavoisier and say "running out of morph-mass can happen and oh, s* if it does".

if a pregnant woman morphs.... geez. there is a point at which the DNA of one becomes the DNA of another? i'd guess that we'd potentially be looking at a gory and morbid morph-abortion, especially provided that the morph organs couldn't sustain the human embryo. what a terrible idea. O___o;;

is there an example of bacteria morphing with someone? like, someone being sick before and after a morph?
“The President and a small group of people know exactly what he meant."

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »
I'd assume the regular bacteria that is always inside a person has to morph with them. Never mind your cold--there's still necessary bacteria in a perfectly healthy person.

That said, I always sort of assumed that a fetus wouldn't morph with the mother. >.< Maybe the morphing technology makes allowances for things that it knows organisms naturally have? Or... idk. I don't know enough about these things. XD But, given that the morphing technology is used only by the military, and given that the Andalite military is almost exclusively male with the very, very rare exception, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Andalite scientists didn't consider making allowances for pregnancy. I assume that if a pregnant female morphed, she'd miscarry. Sort of similar to how the Animorphs inside Marco didn't morph with him, as was mentioned already.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »
Well, Marco's morph may not have affected the Animorphs/Helmacrons inside him, but it did destroy the rabies bacteria that were also in his body at the time.  Which seems to imply that the morphing technology has some ability to distinguish between what should or shouldn't be altered by the morph.  The way I see it, the whole technology is fundamentally thought-controlled in the first place, right?  So, if the tech has access to your mind, maybe it can read your thoughts and know what is or isn't a necessary component of your body that needs to be preserved.  It would be subconscious, maybe reliant on some subliminal self-image, so you couldn't 'trick' the technology and give yourself a different haircut or something.  And it makes sense that the Andalites would program the technology this way, so as to preserve the shortened hair of unschweet (wouldn't want those dishonored soldiers getting a free pass, would you?).

There's plenty of other examples of this.  Rachel's haircut in book #2, various Andalites keeping their scars despite being morph-capable, the fact that Rachel has pierced ears even after many morphs.

As for the 'large morphs' thing, I've always assumed that antimatter could also be extruded into z-space.  Whereas a smaller morph extrudes 'positive' matter, a larger morph would basically extrude 'negative' matter instead.  No need for extra mass floating around out there waiting to be used by a large morph.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 12:02:29 AM »
Well, Marco's morph may not have affected the Animorphs/Helmacrons inside him, but it did destroy the rabies bacteria that were also in his body at the time.  Which seems to imply that the morphing technology has some ability to distinguish between what should or shouldn't be altered by the morph.  The way I see it, the whole technology is fundamentally thought-controlled in the first place, right?  So, if the tech has access to your mind, maybe it can read your thoughts and know what is or isn't a necessary component of your body that needs to be preserved.  It would be subconscious, maybe reliant on some subliminal self-image, so you couldn't 'trick' the technology and give yourself a different haircut or something.  And it makes sense that the Andalites would program the technology this way, so as to preserve the shortened hair of unschweet (wouldn't want those dishonored soldiers getting a free pass, would you?).

There's plenty of other examples of this.  Rachel's haircut in book #2, various Andalites keeping their scars despite being morph-capable, the fact that Rachel has pierced ears even after many morphs.

I have been wondering why Andalites with scars don't use morphing to eliminate them, and why Rachael's ears are still pierced.

As for the 'large morphs' thing, I've always assumed that antimatter could also be extruded into z-space.  Whereas a smaller morph extrudes 'positive' matter, a larger morph would basically extrude 'negative' matter instead.  No need for extra mass floating around out there waiting to be used by a large morph.

If antimatter extruded into z-Space, it would make a massive explosion when it contacted normal matter.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »
If antimatter extruded into z-Space, it would make a massive explosion when it contacted normal matter.

True (well, at least hypothetically; we don't actually know that the laws of physics are the same in z-space as in normal space, and in fact we do know that they differ in at least a few fundamental ways, so who really knows what would happen if antimatter contacted normal matter in a place like that?), but that would probably be a very rare occurrence.  Keep in mind that up until book #18, nothing had ever even come close to coming in contact with a morph mass at all.  I've always assumed that the ship was what 'woke' them, basically knocking them out of their static state.  Nothing up until then had ever done that, and let's face it, even that event probably involved Ellimist intervention (given the huge victory they later scored in that book, yeah, the Ellimist probably had a hand in it).  Point being, it's not something that was ever supposed to happen.

I would assume that the morph masses would be kept static in z-space, not moving around, so as not to ever bump into one another.  Which would be a good idea, anyway, given that prior to #18 the Andalite scientists seemed to think that morph masses were just blobs of tissues and such.  Imagine if two of those bumped into each other?  They might stick together or something and subsequently get incorporated into the wrong morph.  Just imagine the sort of horribleness that would happen from that.  :P

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 02:12:02 PM »
I'd assume the regular bacteria that is always inside a person has to morph with them. Never mind your cold--there's still necessary bacteria in a perfectly healthy person.

That said, I always sort of assumed that a fetus wouldn't morph with the mother. >.< Maybe the morphing technology makes allowances for things that it knows organisms naturally have? Or... idk. I don't know enough about these things. XD But, given that the morphing technology is used only by the military, and given that the Andalite military is almost exclusively male with the very, very rare exception, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Andalite scientists didn't consider making allowances for pregnancy. I assume that if a pregnant female morphed, she'd miscarry. Sort of similar to how the Animorphs inside Marco didn't morph with him, as was mentioned already.

I am certain that Andalite scientists would not have made any allowances for Yeerks in the morpher, yet Visser 3 has no problems.