Author Topic: let's make graphs and charts  (Read 4134 times)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: let's make graphs and charts
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
lol Poor Andalites ^^'
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline A ghost you know

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
I thought their looking bad on Leera was a deliberate trap? The only reason that came so close to failure was because the critical guy turned traitor, and Ax managed to detonate the explosives anyway.
RAFdating Horsefan1023 (Seal)! :D

Offline Seventhsage

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:24 PM »
I thought their looking bad on Leera was a deliberate trap? The only reason that came so close to failure was because the critical guy turned traitor, and Ax managed to detonate the explosives anyway.

yeah, true, but I was speaking to the poor planning on their part.

A super secret mission where if a single person finds out, all is lost.  where do they plan this mission?  in the middle of a planet where the natives are telepathic and the chance is high that at least a few are infested.  Despite this they have no guards for the explosives, they have no suspicion of their fellows that there could be a traitor (arrogant), and someone has to physically activate the bombs in the end, but they have no one with the proper morphs for it.  Basically, they assume that everything will go perfectly and have no plan to fall back on, which is stupid.  Lucky for them a one in a gazillion chance happened and five (well less cause of the big rubber band thing) morph capable people land in their laps with the perfect morphs for the job.

Offline Kotetsu1442

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
Obviously Seventhsage's intent is humor, so I'm not going to be too critical, but for the sake of discussion: presumably the reason that the Andalites never are seen being helpful is due to a limited perspective on our parts, what to us it the All Important Human-Yeerk War might only be a relatively small battle between the Yeerks and a sufficient amount of Andalites to wipe out their current space forces around Earth.

They could be feeling that the Yeerks entrenched on Earth would be require more resources to take down than would be expedient for Andalite commanders looking to choose the best battles to engage in for minimal losses. It was revealed that "Z-space shifted" in some manner after the Andalites were defeat at the beginning of the series, so it would take much longer to get to Earth from current positions, meaning they would either send too many forces to wipe out the Earth-based Yeerks when they would be necessary elsewhere, or they would send too few and accomplish nothing.

They could be fighting in several locations throughout the galaxy to prevent the Yeerks from conquering various species that aren't quite as numerous as humans, but are much more formidable, if the Yeerks one on those fronts and got a hold of more species like the Garatrons and Leerans and an unimaginable variety of individuals that are more powerful than individual humans, then sent them to Earth to hold strategic positions along with Hork-Bajir shock troops, the diversity in their army may have made them much more unstoppable.

Still, I would think that what it would come down to is who conquered the space, so physical bodies would be unimportant to the allies of the Andalites and the hosts of the Yeerks, all that would matter is how fast they can build more ships and get out crews to man them, so you could certainly argue that it is a bad move strategically to allow Earth to fall and let Yeerks grow from thousands of viable host bodies to billions.

As far as the battle for Leera goes, the 'looking bad' of losing the land battle was just a feint (which probably took a lot of swallowing of Andalite pride to do), and even having traitors (as unimaginable as that was to them) on their side should have been no problem since they were supposed to lose the battle as a trap. The plan was a secret except those at the top (Assuming that they did have appropriate measures with the Leerans of the City of Worms to make sure that secret was kept), so the betrayal of regular commanders and captains shouldn't have been a problem. The actual problem in their plan was that the trap wasn't prepared and set-up in advance, and running into snags in rushed military operations is expected... But yes, it was certainly silly when their technology is super-advanced but they still set up things with such ridiculous drawbacks as was presented in that book.
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline JohnBlaze

• I'm telling you, Rachel's alive, I saved her
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 05:31:39 AM »
I think the Andalites doing nothing should have been bigger....
If I was an Animorph, we would've won in two weeks...just sayin'

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 06:51:10 PM »
     My attempt ><
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Durandal

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:10 PM »
Wait....I remember starting this thread like 2 years ago....WHATEVER.

Three guesses on which book I read yesterday.

e: one more
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:12:16 PM by Durandal »

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2011, 10:31:40 PM »
     Um....no clue?
     The David Trilogy?
     :P Just kidding.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »

Thats awesome, DinosaurNothlit, but you should have added doors.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Durandal

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »
Don't forget book 28: Fence

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »
That's funny, because "fences" was actually one of the ones I had considered putting up there.  "Doors" had not occurred to me, but just picture a line across the top of the graph and you'll be pretty close, I think.

I'd also thought about graphing "houses," "sanity," and "McDonaldses," but in the end, there just wasn't enough room to graph everything the Animorphs have destroyed without the graph looking too cluttered, haha.