Author Topic: Animorphs: Ressurection  (Read 34020 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: Animorphs: Ressurection
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2010, 12:39:09 AM »
Wow! I'm surprised how many people actually decided to join! I sent out so many invites because I was sure that I'd only get one or two "yes"s.

Yay!  ;D

And about merging the M.C.C.F. plot line.... maybe that was in the semi-recent past? This story line is like seventy years after, right? And wasn't Jake training some similar counter terrorism team in the last book? Maybe the M.C.C.F could be like, ten or twenty years after #54, and this is fifty or sixty years after that. Or then again... is the story line of the M.C.C.F team common/public knowledge? Maybe it's confidential, and not in any history books.....

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2010, 12:42:21 AM »
MCCF is twenty years afterwards and I imagine it would be hard to hide a Howler invasion. :akanbe:
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2010, 12:44:28 AM »
I was tossing around a few options for it...

1) it's recent past (would require editing OP of MCCF) and common knowledge to just enough characters that they can communicate about it

2) it's extremely recent past (within the same generation or even decade); Shaun could even be the same Shaun and come into the story already morph-capable?

3) it's not recent, but it's known to the public; Shaun could be a namesake of MCCF Shaun, if he wanted.

4) it's simultaneous to this story and occurs on a non-Earth planet that was colonized under laws that are less regulatory of morph-capability than Earth. Would require some editing of that thread, but not much.

*shrug* Have at it, or don't. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

BaronConall

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2010, 12:45:13 AM »
Or then again... is the story line of the M.C.C.F team common/public knowledge? Maybe it's confidential, and not in any history books.....

That's something I was wondering while reading up on the info sent to me.

If it was Spec-Ops/Black-Ops, which seems the most likely, it would lead to it becoming need-to-know intel, which means it could be referred to in passing as a conspiracy theory.

The only problem is, to my understanding, M.C.C.F hasn't finished yet, which means that history could clash with Ressurection's if we were to reference it via crossover.

...Unless we use the Many Worlds theory and this is a universe where the outcome was different :P

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2010, 12:48:26 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, the entire reason for having continuity is for after-the-fact referencing in _this_ game about the events of _that_ game; cross-over would involve events influencing both timelines.

Ulterior motive: if we say something 'happened' in an MCCF that is "past" in the Resurrection timeline, but keep it vague enough not to give away who lives/dies, etc.... then it could serve as a plot-driving-force within MCCF: we know x event MUST happen, because x event was mentioned in the "future" that is Resurrection.

This could be helpful to the players of MCCF during those times when I simply can't be online.  I'd like the thread not to be left high and dry (or worse, dead...).
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

BaronConall

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2010, 12:49:32 AM »
Well, I'm signing off. We'll pick this up tomorrow!

'Till then, guys!

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »
It would be maybe about same knowledge as a secret mission ten years after WWII is now. It really depends on how the MCCF RP goes if we beat backthe Howlers soundly I would say common knowledge and if We barely do it would probably be hushed up.

Este, you are right it would help MCCF.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2010, 12:54:22 AM »
Even if the MCCF team loses, we could reference it as an invasion-and-massacre, the first real postwar attempt of the alien species to create a band of guerillas, involving humans... and admittedly a failed attempt.  Andalites/Hork-Bajir/Leerans in Resurrection could reference the event, if their ideology is against cooperating with humans on a military basis.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »
I would still like to join, please.  I have to get ready for school now, so can I make a character application later?  Sorry if this delays things, I just need to go.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2010, 09:10:40 AM »
Sorry, they're Fisher's charges, the fireteam he commands. Cleared that all up.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
So.... what is society like? Flying cars? Or maybe just hybrid cars? Is Human culture pretty much the same, or what are the major (and minor) changes we should know about? Other than what was in the first couple posts, of course.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
I'm assuming humans have energy weapons now right?
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

BaronConall

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
Okay, first things first. My in-laws get here tomorrow for my wife's college graduation the day after and will be here until the following day, at which point there will be much partying to celebrate my Permanent Residency Status and wife graduating with honours, away from the watchful eyes of Mormon in-laws.

I *will* still be coming on tomorrow night to help start things and hopefully the night after depending on the length of family dinners and Skype chats. The only night that I may not be on is Saturday night. So I *might* be absent Saturday night. Friday and Saturday at the very most. I figured I should give everyone a heads up.

NOW: Lengthy history lesson.

The year is 2072, almost exactly 72 years since the disappearance of most of the surviving Animorphs in 2010 and 10 years since the Earth and many homeworld's mourned the passing of the last known living Animorph, Cassie, who died peacefully in her sleep.

Much has changed on Earth. Technology has continued to progress at such a rate that each new generation hardly registers any significant technological marvel to grace the market until they are in their prime and their childhood toys have become 'retro'. Earth, as always, is a Corporate hub for all things regarding to tourism, business, commerce, technology and culture. Many of the companies of the early 21st century are, surprisingly, still present today, having taken great advantage from the massive influx of knowledge and technology to their respected areas once the galactic community was opened up to them.

Apple computers has recently released the iLight 9, a personal computing device that employs both holographic and force field technology coupled with quantum storage capacity. The device itself, a small as their archaic iPod Nano, emits what Apple call a 'hard-light touch screen' that can be as small as the palm of your hand or as large as a 21" monitor, whilst storing up to 16 terabytes worth of music, documents, games, or other relevant data. The iLight 10, boasting the first ever petabyte storage capacity on a personal device is expected for release in 2074.

General Motors has similarly cashed in on galactic commerce, having established itself as a key supporter and backing company for deep-space hydrogen fuel mining expeditions, hydrogen having become the fuel-source of choice on earth. While cars are still restricted to ground travel, the latest '72 model vehicles boast the highest in safety standards, with front and side air-bags, front, side and rear shields and the latest in inertia control technology.

Architecture is similarly on the rise on earth, if you'll pardon the pun. Most structures on earth are now high-rise, including living quarters, as a means of freeing up more land space and allowing the ecosystem to recover from the last 300 years. This is not to say that human living is more compact. Most living quarters are now advertised as containing a bed, bath, lounge and garden room, a marvel of human blending of extra-planetary colonization technology and self contained environments, providing almost every home or apartment with an 'indoor backyard'.
This has also led to a maze of weaving high-rise roads and highways, anchored to the sides of these buildings and supported by the latest in anti-gravity stabilizers.

Culturally, earth is still just as vain. Galactic culture greatly influences the fashion and media industries and the latest genetic technology has given rise to a whole new market of body modification, with the latest guarantee that "90% of all genetic modifications will not become hereditary" doing little to quell popular public opinion on the matter. Forked tongues are now akin to wisdom teeth coming through, as are sixth or seventh fingers, prehensile tails, natural hair colours of every shade as well as bone-horns.

The third world still exists, albeit now at a level more akin to the early 2000's, still using fossil fuels as a means of fuel and power. It is is generally hoped that the third world will be brought up to a cultural, medical and technological synchronicity within the next 100 years.

On the Galactic side, much has also changed. Galactic tourism is booming, with much of the general Andalite public flocking to earth via Virgin and Qantas space-flight to sample the delights of taste. Earth, after assisting the Andalites in numerous missions and expeditions of negotiations and peace, has become a trusted ally of their people. It is even rumored that the new CEO of Apple is an Andalite nothlit.

The Taxxons, while those present on earth and a small number on their homeworld flocked to become snake nothlits, were divided in their decision. A faction developed between those willing to become nothlits and those who wanted to retain their homeworld, and civilization, while ridding themselves of their cursed hunger. Their answer came with the use of Yeerk genetic technology. The Yeerks went on to discover lost Arn technology on the Hork-Bajir homeworld, using the oppurtunities it opened up to them to become a ruely symbiotic race.
With this technology, the Yeerks were able to combine the DNA of the Taxxon with that of the snakes of earth, allowing their offspring to retain their intelligence as well as their Taxxon appendages, while also freeing them of their cannibalistic hunger but leaving them with their Taxxon tunneling abilities, even if they are hampered by their new found ability to become full. Because of this ability, Taxxons are the employees of choice within General Motors when it comes to deep-space mining.

The Yeerks have perhaps changed more than any other species in the galaxy. Those who did not become nothlits of other, sentient or non-sentient species have gone on to utilise Arn genetic technology to alter their very first hosts, the Gedd, as well as their own bodies.
The Yeerk homeworld is now home to a race who prefer to refer to themselves as the "Yedd".
Their Gedd hosts are now completely bipedal, no longer the hunched over Gedd of their past. Their bodies a covered in short, coarse, blue fur, their upper torso sporting two strong arms ending in slender, four long-fingered hands with opposable thumbs, while also posessing two stong legs ending in four-toed, webbed feet for traversing the muddy terrain of their homeworld as well as a prehensile tail in order to maintain balance.
The Yeerks have also heightened the senses of smell and taste within the Gedd, senses they lack in their natural forms.

On a whole, the Gedd are almost completely similar to their previously beloved Class 5 host species, Humans, in terms of upper body strength, movement speed and eyesight and hearing, with their only improvements being with smell and taste.

As a means of avoiding another Yeerk-Andalite war, the Yeerks have modified their bodies to require a certain enzyme that only modified Gedd biochemistry can provide, which seems to be toxic to almost all other species. On top of this, Gedd skin cells are now capable of converting solar energy into Kandrona radiation, making the Yeerks completely reliant on Gedd hosts, essentially making the Yedd one species.

The Hork-Bajir have similarly undergone a great deal of change. Those who liberated their homeworld have become content with re-seeding the world with lush plant life, as was their intended purpose when created by the Arn.
The Hork-Bajir that remained on earth, however, have become recognised as refugees with no birth home and have become a recognised state on earth, the Hork-Bajir state of Yellowstone.
These Hork-Bajir are a far cry from the Hork-Bajir of their homeworld. Under the guidance of their seers, the late Toby Hamee and their newest seer, Sadee Jerath, the Yellowstone Hork-Bajir have become recognised for their incredible insight on all things agricultural and have even established a agricultural schooling system recognised as one of the most prominent in the galaxy.

While it is true that Hork-Bajir, save for seers, lack the mental capacity to learn to read or write, they have long established a familiarity with "learning by doing" and an apt memory for recognising past mistakes and using what works best. In this regard, the Hork-Bajir are at a disadvantage when it comes to learning, but are in their element when it comes to remembering, with all of their history and teachings being oral and passed down through folklore to be remembered and incorporated.
Hork-Bajir schooling typically involves briefly being told what to do, the right and wrong way to do it and then immediately putting it to practice in the fields.
Admission into Hork-Bajir schooling usually involves achieving a certain level in a series of memory excercises.

The Leeran's have changed perhaps least of all, being most comfortable on their aquatic homeworld of Leera. Their people and world has become recognised as the hub of galactic politics and negotiations since, on Leera, there are no secrets. The furthest any Leerans appear to travel is to earth to assist with deep-sea expeditions and research, although most of the general public do tend to avoid a Leeran out of self-conscious fear of exposure and vulnerability.
Ironically, however, not much else is known about Leera or it's people, not so much because the Leerans are not forthcoming with information or have something to hide, but because they are yet unfamiliar with the concept that there are races out there that don't know what they're thinking. The Leeran's literally expect you to be a mind-reader.

There we go. History Lesson over. More will be added as it comes to light in-game.

Post Merged: December 15, 2010, 02:45:51 PM
I'm assuming humans have energy weapons now right?

Yep. But there are still projectile based weapons, too.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:02:08 PM by BaronConall »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2010, 03:34:39 PM »
Well that answers my question......

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2010, 05:15:15 PM »
...Wow.  That's awesome!  Well done, Baron!  I'm posting my character now...if you could roll for me, that'd be great.  And if I need to change anything, let me know.

Name: Mesa-Teern, Mesa for short (I don't know if that's a Leeran-like name, it's kind of styled after the name of their only known god)
Appearance: "Normal" Leeran, yellow, frog-like creature with four tentacles, large green eyes, and a rounded head.  What makes her different from other Leerans is a pattern of light brown speckles down her back. 

Practice/1st Morph:
Battle Morph:
Flight Morph:
Aquatic Morph: None (Leerans are amphibians)

Species: Leeran
Willpower:
Luck:

Bio: Mesa was always a curious Leeran.  She was born, strangely, alone on one of the few islands on Leera, where the Leerans laid their eggs.  She was born all alone, which made her naturally curious about the world.  She eventually got to civilization and learned all of the Leeran customs, but she still wanted to know more.  Eventually, she managed to get to Earth, an intergalactic hub.  It was also rumored that there were millions of species already on Earth without the visitors!  However, once she got there, most people avoided her due to the whole mind-reading thing--and got freaked out by how she looked--so Mesa left the city she was wandering around, lost and confused on.  She got to a secluded little place for her to live.  She now lives in a large pond in a forest.  There's a river leading to the ocean, so she can get there whenever she wants to swim around someplace bigger.  And it was within range of some humans, so she could hear their thoughts and learn more about them. 
Mesa is rather reckless due to her curiosity--she can't help investigating something if it isn't something she knows about.  However, if something scares her, she usually gets out of there quick.  She speaks with the usual stilted form of English for Leerans, and shares the same secrecy, though she isn't aware of it.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!