Author Topic: Our Summer Vacation...  (Read 40916 times)

radgeek

Re: Our Summer Vacation...
« Reply #945 on: March 23, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
"Sean do you mind if I drive?" Olivia ask.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #946 on: March 24, 2011, 12:41:53 AM »
Sean looked up at Olivia. He hadn't even really thought of it yet. He figured Brian would... Oh, right, he thought, seeing him and Jo sitting together. Should he...? "Oh uh, sure, Olivia. That works for me. Er, well... that kinda causes a problem if anyone pulls us over... but then again, unless it's the Yeerks, we really shouldn't have to worry about that. And if that's the case, me driving wouldn't be any better. Let's just hope that they haven't traced Brian's car yet." He felt like he was babbling. Surely she'd thought of all that too.

Brian looked up at Jo. His eyes were red. He looked into Jo's eyes. Less than an hour before, she'd been infested, lost, as good as dead. But yet, here she was. With a deep breath, he spoke: "When my dad was dying, there was nothing anyone could do to stop the disease. You can't cure your genes, the doctors told us. But this... the Yeerks..." He spat "... we can stop them. This is something I can fix. I'm not giving up on them. I'll die fighting for them if I have to, but I won't give up on them. Ever." He exhaled slightly shaken. He was grateful he had such great friends at his side. He didn't have to do this alone. "Thank you, Jo. I - "

He didn't want to interrupt, but.... they needed to go. Tarry's plan, which was a good one, didn't allow much time to spare. He cleared his throat, "Hey guys, you ready to go?"

"...Yeah, we're coming..." Brian said, standing to go. He looked awkwardly at Jo, scratching the back of his neck as an indication. The leaves under his feet crunched loudly, filling the uncomfortable break in conversation, as he walked to the back door of his car.

Offline Unknown User

• RAF's Official Ellimist Expert
  • Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #947 on: March 24, 2011, 07:17:24 AM »
Kildor sat thinking in the van as it turned onto a side road....he needed the morphers to go to the pool, that was the key.
------------
Edward had gotten a ride after only five minutes of waiting, it really was a record for him as far as hitch hiking went. A young couple had picked him up and had begun drilling him with questions until he thought his head would explode, when they had finally dropped him off at the run down gas station that contained a secret enterance, he had personally wanted to dracon both of them. Edward strolled casually inside and demanded that the pimple-faced kid at the counter give him some bog brand peanuts, the code word for getting into the complex. Minutes later, he was making his way to Ultor's old office.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #948 on: March 24, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
At the same time Wintium was checking the office for the Sub-Visser again.  "Where have you been?  I can't have you wandering the streets without a Yeerk.  Have you seen Jo or Jasar?"

Olivia kept forgetting that she too had been discovered by the Yeerks.  "We need a safe driver who wont get us pulled over that's all.  That should work as long as the car is ok.  Registered, plated properly, etcetera."

Why did things seem so awkward when Brian stopped talking?  Guys spoke to her as if she was one of them but the tone in Sean's voice sounded like he guessed that there was more.  But that was impossible. No guy will ever see her as a woman.
She got in the car.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:49:51 AM by Fencing Stargate Girl (Rad) »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #949 on: March 24, 2011, 11:27:12 PM »
((TIMESKIP! WHOA!))

As Olivia shut off the car engine, Sean looked at the radio's clock. 7:24 PM. They had a few extra minutes, but he figured that wouldn't really matter. He wanted them to go ahead and get into position, a decision which Tarry would obviously agree with. The drive back into town had been uneventful. Brian had sat quietly, only giving thin answers when asked a direct question. Sean had done most of the talking, which still wasn't much. He'd tried to stir up some idle chitchat to help lift their moods, but... he didn't get any takers, and he wasn't really feeling up to it either. This was risky. Here they were, going to meet with the enemy under his conditions. Well, not entirely so.

((MINI-TIMESKIP! WOOH!))

<It's dark. Aren't these eyes supposed to be better?!?> Brian figured that it was just the fact that vultures weren't nocturnal, but... still. <Anyone see him yet?> Brian was sitting perched in a tall bush in his neighbor's yard, on the opposite side of the street from his house. Now, they waited.

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #950 on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:03 AM »
The van pulled up to Brian's house and the Kildor, with his still injured host body, emerged from the Van and approached the door. As kildor began knocking, two YPM members exited the van and tried to stand imposingly on either side. Kildor patiently waited.
-------
A cruel little smile appeared on Edward's lips, "Jo escaped and Jazar is dead, murdered in the fight at the farm."
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #951 on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:35 AM »
<<That's more people then I was expecting,>> Olivia commented from the sky.

"How could Jo 'escape'?  She a controller to the Sub-Visser," Wintium said.  He didn't want to say anything aloud about Jazar but inside it worried him.  <<I don't know how to tell Sandresh about this.  Sandresh and Jazar were always at each others throats.  But I have no idea what she felt for the human.>>  He smirked at his host.  <<I wonder if she loved him too.>>

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #952 on: March 25, 2011, 09:34:55 AM »
"The sub-visser is dead," Edward replied, "Killed by the humans and traitors." Edward sat behind his desk, he thought of it as his even though the sub-visser was dead. Edward realized how precarious his situation was, he wanted to be part of The Empire, but he wanted to do it as a free man.
-------
Kildor kept knocking.
Meh.

radgeek

« Reply #953 on: March 25, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »
"He wasn't stupid enough to leave his host was he?" Wintium did some muttering under his breath.  "I'll let the Visser three know.  And don't you think about leaving this office."

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #954 on: March 25, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »
OoC: V3 doesn't arrive until tommrow

Bic: "I'll go where I please," Edward snarled, "I am still the ex-sub-vissers's host and will be treated with the respect that station deserves."
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #955 on: March 25, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
<There he is.> Brian said. He started to spread his wings to hop out of the bush, but he froze, wings raised. He was knocking on his door. What did that mean? Surely Kildor didn't think that he'd returned home. Was... his family involved in this? Oh no, he thought. He couldn't bear to see his family like that. But he couldn't move. What would his mother and brother do? The porch light turned on. Oh no... Were they taken? Were they about to be? What do I do? He asked no one, to stunned to move. Dealing with all of this in his own neighborhood was bad enough. He didn't know if he could handle seeing his family, too.

The door opened. His younger brother Ben stood in the doorway. He looked worried, and maybe even scared.
"Are you with the police?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:52:52 AM by Beargoom »

Offline Unknown User

• Xtreme Member
  • ^-^
« Reply #956 on: March 25, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »
"No, I am not," A look of obvious distaste was on Kildor's face. "I am a member of the search party that your brother was a part of earlier, looking for that missing girl. Your brother seems to have misplaced an object that he was borrowing during the search that is very important to Jo's parents. I need to speak with him." Kildor kept a neutral expression, but inside he was somewhat worried. The spy had expected Kildor to be home, in fact, he had told Brian to meet him at his house. He must have been spooked Kildor thought.
Meh.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #957 on: March 25, 2011, 02:42:17 PM »
"Brian hasn't come home yet. Mom just called the police... she's really scared. We heard about the fire that happened." Ben said. Just moments ago, the news had interrupted to inform people of the accident. The cause was determined to be faulty wiring, and a handful of people were reported missing. That's when Ms. Wickersham had called in the missing persons report. Just then, Ben's mother came to the door. Her eyes were red and slightly puffy. "Oh please tell me you found my baby! That's why you're here, isn't it? You found him, and he's alright?" She asked, craning her neck to look over the stranger's shoulder, trying to find her son.

Sean, sitting very still and very quiet (against all of the squirrels willpower) in an oak tree just a couple houses down the street, could hear most of what was being said. Oh no, this isn't good. <Brian, it's going to be okay. We've got to follow through. We need you to ->

<I can't. I've got to get away from here. Get Kildor to meet me down the street. I'll be by the ugly yellow-bricked house.> Without a pause he hit the air, making a lot of noise as he left the bush across the street. He didn't care. His family was free. Or at least he hoped. But seeing his mother like that, Yeerked or not, he couldn't stay there. Brian learned something about birds that night. Vultures cannot cry.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #958 on: March 25, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
Kristen sighed, tapping her chin with her pencil.  "I hate this book," she sighed.  "And all summer reading."  She would much rather be at the zoo or out flying again.  

Luck had been with her, though.  When she had gotten home, her mom had been gone, getting a haircut.  Dad was still at work.  There was a note for Kristen to call her, though.  Kristen had retrieved her bike and made up some lies about calling her out-of-state friend and forgetting to call he mom when she got home, and it had sort of blown over.

Now, Kristen glanced out the open window, itching to be doing...something.  But she had to keep her cover.  With a sigh, Kristen resumed her pencil tapping and tried to keep her mind focused on the essay she was supposed to be writing for The Crucible.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:57:15 PM by Horsefan1023 (Seal) »
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

radgeek

« Reply #959 on: March 25, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »
<<Brian!>> Jo traveled a little faster than a dog smiling bushes should to Brian's bush.  <<At lest they are free.  Take comfort in that.  Its not a Yeerk forcing tears from there eyes as an act.>>

<<Jo what the,>> she dipped into words she doesn't use often around people under the age twenty.  <<are you doing?>>

<<What do you think?>> Jo said.  <<I'm being a friend.>>

<<Get away from the bush you don't need to be that close for thought-speak.>>