Author Topic: What would you have done with David?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

What would you have done with David?
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:37:33 AM »
1) After the Yeerks took his parents

A. Killed him
B. Gave him to the Yeerks
C. Made him an Animorph

2) If C, after he turned murderous traitor

A. Killed him
B. Give him the box as demanded
C. Trap him in a morph
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline filmstu2005

Re: What would you have done with David?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:06 AM »
Easy. Give him to the Yeerks. He was much safer with them than he was with the Animorphs. With the Animorphs he was only a burden they had to bear. Where was he going to live? Dead weight if you ask me. Couldnt kill him, the Animorphs arent about that. Plus it was obvious he was a sociopath from the start. Cassie's empathy skills really would have helped the situation out in analyzing him.

But once he betrayed them, trapping him was the best solution. Death shouldn't be an option. Only in direct self-defense.

Offline musicman88

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »
1. C - That would be the only thing I really could have done.

2. A - He tried to kill everybody else, so he deserved to die as well.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline wolfev

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:01:05 AM »
Couldn't they just have trapped him in morph originally but not a mouse or something.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
1- C (I'd feel like the biggest @$$hole on earth if I handed him over to the Yeerks or killed him)

2- A (After everything he did to Tobias, Jake, Marco, and Saddler, I'd lose a sympathy for him and would talk Rachel and Cassie out of just trapping, he'd have to die especially since trapping him as a rat wouldn't work*Cough*#48*cough*)
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »
1. C...There's no way after he had lost his parents that I would've left him or killed him.

2. A...He did a lot of bad stuff that made him deserve to be killed rather than trapped.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
1) After the Yeerks took his parents:

Well I couldn't have killed him even if I wanted to, so that's out. I don't think I could have left him for the Yeerks either (unless I knew he was going to betray us). So yeah, if I didn't know any better, then my only option would be making him an Animorph.

2) If C, after he turned murderous traitor:

I would never give him the box, God knows what kind of damage he could do with it. I would definitely kill him in self-defence if he came after me or anyone I cared about (or if he actually killed somebody). Besides that, I'd stick with trapping him in morph. He deserved it.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Vivi9087

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »
I had agreed with Ax right off the bat, I would have voted him to be left for the yeerks.  We could have saved him later.  But since I would have been out-voted anyhow and he would have been made an Animorph, trapping was the best alternative.  Killing is something none of them were quite ready for except I would have seen to it that he was placed somewhere a bit more isolated like where Cassie got lost in (I think it was 19).

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 02:22:39 PM »
B, even if the most humane thing to do is A if you are gonna leave him to be infested, i really couldnt do it, and ax was right, too much risk not enough reward

A, I always thought trapping him was more of the cowards way out, its a long drawn out torture because they couldnt do the dirty deed, even tho i completely understand and cant reasonably expect someone to be able to do that, in the end killing him is the right thing to do

Offline Vivi9087

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 02:26:07 PM »
I do agree that killing would have been the right thing to do, but given how far into the war this was then.  They still were believing that they could and should save every human life to the best of their abilities.  You also see in the series how much of a hard time some of them had coping with that (especially Rachel) so killing David really would have hit them even more.  But still, life as a rat or no life at all. Personally I'd rather be dead then to be trapped an alone on some deserted island and stuck in the body of a rat.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:43:53 PM by Vivi9087 »

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
Dereke???

Anyhoo, I'd pick C first, just cuz it seems promising, then A.
There was always a chance someone would get wind of him, too be a threat, put him done is the only way for a safety point of view
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »
The first C the second first C then A (first trap him in morph, then kill him) even if I knew what he was gonna be like.

The first, C, because no matter bad he is, I can't just sell him out. that might make me as bad as the yeerks. and I can't kill him as a human, I don't like the sight of a dead human.

The last C then A, because it's more merciful and humane than just C, although I would so hate being the one to have to do it. It may not be as bad as seeing a dead human, but seeing a dead rat is still scary. And can't use B because the animorphs will need the blue box later for aftran and the auxilaries.

Offline Qwerty the Charliecorn

• The cannibalistic pipe-dweller
  • Xtreme Member
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:56 PM »
I completely agree. Handing him over to the Yeerks would not be an option for me. And, though killing him would be extremely difficult, leaving him as a rat would have just been too hard. I wouldn't be able to do it.
If you are not in my avatar, and would like to be, or if you changed your name and avatar and would like me to update it, PM me. I cannot add or change anyone at the moment as I lost the file I use for this, but if people still want in, I'll work on it.

I am RAFmarried to my sweet shnukums, Rachel. ;D

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
You guys can't be serious. Seems like most of you would make David an Animorph JUST to kill him. Everyone was at fault in the situation, David AND The Animorphs. They made him what he was by how they treated him. But David was still responsible for his actions.

David was safer with the Yeerks. Much safer. He'd lose his freewill, but it was more dangerous for the Animorphs to have to take care of him, especially during a critical time in the war. They didnt have time to babysit him or his ego. Plus where was he going to live? Too much of a hassle. And they didn't know much about him either. Y bother dealing with him when it clearly wasnt going to work out.

They would have a better chance making Melissa Chapman an Animorph. Which reminds me, does anyone else think Melissa would have been a better addition to the team? I mean her parents were Controllers and I hated the fact that she remained oblivious to all this throughout the series. Knowing what was going on would have helped ease her situation. Ignorance is never liberating. They should have made her one of them.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
Actually, ignorance IS bliss. I can perfectly understand why the Animorphs wouldn't want to make her one of them.

No way would Rachel let her best friend join this nightmare and make her suffer not only while fighting the Yeerks but also go through the same pain that Jake feels at home living with controllers
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:17:19 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?