Author Topic: What would you have done with David?  (Read 3462 times)

Offline EscafilDevice

Re: What would you have done with David?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:51 PM »
Actually, ignorance is bliss. No way would Rcahel let her best friend join this nightmare and make her suffer not only while fighting the Yeerks but also go through the same pain that Jake feels at home living with controllers

I disagree.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »
I don't really understand what that quote is saying... uh the one by George Bernard Shaw, not by Yorick

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »
I don't really understand what that quote is saying... uh the one by George Bernard Shaw, not by Yorick

Drunk people are happy because they're drunk. The fact that they're happy doesn't change the fact that they're only happy because they're under the influence.

The same thing goes with ignorance.

The quote is talking about organized religion but I think it applies to ignorance in general.

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »
This is going off-topic though. I just disagree with the idea that ignorance is bliss.

I think giving Melissa the morphing power would be unnecessary and too risky.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »
Ignorance is only blissful as long as you remain ignorant. Sooner or later, you won't be ignorant anymore, and you'll be unhappy with yourself for being so stupid earlier.

I agree that recruiting Melissa as an Animorph is a terrible idea. Jake had enough problems with Tom, so Melissa would be caught out pretty quickly with two Controllers for parents, and when that happens the rest of the gang are screwed.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 11:16:54 PM »
More like angry and regretful that you're no longer ignorant but I see your point.

I still say that keeping Melissa away from the fight is perfectly understandable decision.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline vipertongn

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 12:15:44 AM »
thing is, think about it, melissa is after all rachels friend... would you want to ask your friend to risk their life fighting a war?  plus, isn't there a saying "the less they know the better?"  what can they tell her? Oh they are the animorphs, fighting against the yeerks.  Doing so would reveal vital information about them that they don't want the yeerks to know in the first place.  It's especially dangerous since she's got controllers for parents.  If some mishap happened it would be over for the animorphs.  Melissa would be in danger, the truth is out, and its all over.  Tho on the other hand she could be like some what of a "spy"...but its just too risky in my opinion.

David's just a lost cause it would of been better to leave him alone.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 12:56:04 AM »
Hey, if the Ellimist stacked the deck then why isn't Melissa there? I mean Rachel has no connection to the war while Melissa has an obvious one. I just seems like it would make sense that she would be there.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline vipertongn

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 01:09:31 AM »
yea its like adding a useless character so to speak.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 01:15:57 AM »
Actually, I think Rachel was part of the link. She was best friends with the daughter of an important controller and another friend who has access to animals.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline TinShadowcat

• War Eagle
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 09:54:11 PM »
 :sign18:

1:Made Him an Animorph

2:KILL THE LITTLE ******!!!
Xbox 360:  TinShadowcat
Steam:  TinShadowcat
Pretty much anything you want to add me on:  TinShadowcat

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »
     If I knew how he was going to turn out, I would say give him to the Yeerks-- though, I think it would pose just as much of an issue, since his Yeerk would have found it suspicious that Marco was asking so many questions about the box (having access to David's memories). Otherwise, I probably would have made him an Animorph.

After finding out he was a sociopath? I don't know. Obviously, keeping him around is not an option. Giving him the cube would probably lead to David giving morphing powers to thugs; Psychomorphs. I wouldn't have killed him, but trapping him as a rat seems just as cruel.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Gyt Kaliba

• I"s - Reaching for a Dream
    • I"s - Reaching for a Dream
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
1) After the Yeerks took his parents

C. Made him an Animorph.

As much as I'm in Marco's shoes a lot, I think I would have been more willing to give the kid a chance than he was at first. Besides, there's nothing else they can really do. Killing him makes them no better than the Yeerks really, and giving him to the Yeerks would go against everything they're fighting for.

2) If C, after he turned murderous traitor

A. Killed him

Only after everything got as bad as it did. At first, I would have done what they did, try to get him to stop, but once it was obvious that he was willing to kill as well, he forfeits any 'oh woe is me' factor he had before.

Obviously, keeping him around is not an option. Giving him the cube would probably lead to David giving morphing powers to thugs; Psychomorphs.

...That actually would have been a cool route to take the story for a bit, now that I think about it. The Animorphs would have had to deal with both Yeerks and a rouge group of their own.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:57:05 PM by Gyt Kaliba »
What is I"s? (click below)

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 10:37:22 PM »
Hey, if the Ellimist stacked the deck then why isn't Melissa there? I mean Rachel has no connection to the war while Melissa has an obvious one. I just seems like it would make sense that she would be there.

Because Melissa's not that important, and the Elimmist thought that if he stacked too much, Crayak would notice?

As to David, I would have had Ax (or someone else in thought speak) speak to him from a distance, tell him the very basics "your parents have been taken over by brain controlling slugs" and then let him go on the run by himself.

Offline t0bias

• vote for toby '09
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »
1. C - That would be the only thing I really could have done.

2. A - He tried to kill everybody else, so he deserved to die as well.
ditto... absolute ditto....
never give up, never surrender,