Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54722 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2008, 04:51:18 PM »
((I dont want Kelran to get what he needs so that he can come back 'without permission' later to get it ))

Kelran gently moved Cody aside and started typing in a series of characters. He didnt know human language, but he had taken time to study human numbers and so began giving instructions to the prompt in trianary standard.

This promptly crashed the mainframe.

"What?! You still use BINARY?!?!" Kelran practically shouted as he tried to cajole the system into rebooting....
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »
((I dont want Kelran to get what he needs so that he can come back 'without permission' later to get it ))

Cody's POV:

Kelran gently moved Cody aside and started typing in a series of characters. He didnt know human language, but he had taken time to study human numbers and so began giving instructions to the prompt in trianary standard.

This promptly crashed the mainframe.

"What?! You still use BINARY?!?!" Kelran practically shouted as he tried to cajole the system into rebooting....
"What did you do? Of course we still use binary. What other kinds of numbers are there?" Cody asked. "You're too smart for our own good."

Cody tried a few more things, but the whole thing had shut down. Soon there were footsteps outside the room. Cody had locked the door earlier, so at first the workers could only bang on it while shouting until someone brought the key.

"We have to go. Mission aborted for now." He went to a window and opened it. Kelran demorphed and Cody morphed a bird to get out. The window was large, so even Kelran had little trouble getting through.

<Okay, that was full of fail. Next time try not to use your fancy non-binary hacking skills. Not that we'll be going back there any time soon. There are probably controllers at a somewhat important place like that, and someone probably saw a Gryphon and an eagle launch out of the window to escape.> Cody said as they flew away. <We'll have to find another way. Since the weekend is practically here, we can all meet up later and discuss things. Just go back to the cave and wait, and the rest of us will handle things for you later.>

Emily's POV:

Emily met up with Cody after school, to get his help at gaining some morphs. They went to The Gardens and she acquired a cape buffalo battle morph.

"It should be good for clearing a path if we get surrounded, or can't afford to be slowed down." She said. "It also has better eyesight than a Rhino, and a thicker skull than an elephant."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »
((I was thinking that during all this observatory thing with Kelran and Cody, Hu decided to take a little walk to observe the native fauna and flora -- but eventually meets Bened and discovers he's linked up with the Yeerks.  Since I'm a little late on this, I let this happen "off-screen", so to speak, unless anyone has any objections.))

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »
Kelran returned to his cave, and immediately began to plan a repeat visit to the observatory.

He was quite upset at Cody, how was it his fault that humans used a language he didnt understand for alphanumerics, and used a computer system, the only thing that he could possibly easily learn, that was at least 2,000 years out of date.

Of course, Kelran had absolutely no itentions of 'letting the others handle it' They had tried it with him as a member of their little group. It had failed, obviously because he had depended on someone who had no military training. Even a brainless pre-cadet knew that you never held back mission critical information even if it was assumed to be widely known.

'But isnt that what youre doing by not telling them your whole story?' 'Shut up' he told himself, and set about his next project.
He needed some kind of human technological base to work with, so he filched a small hand held computer off of one of the outdoor tables at the gaming course.

Normally Kelran wouldnt do something like this, but he was iriitated not only with what he percieved as Codys inferior arrogance, but at being marooned on an inferior world in general.

Having aquired this device, Kelran spent a few hours tapping in crude binary hacks till he broke its password, then he promptly entered a binary command to decompile everything on it.
It was going to take a few days to build a basic new system for translating binary to trinary and vice versa, but luckily it was nothing like making an operating base-code (operating system) or interface, the human computer would provide that.
All he needed was a simple command prompt that would accept trinary basic and convert to binary, then show the results as trinary again.

The catch was programming the entire system in an odd mix of the two, and figuring out the hardware integration.
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:52 PM »
After getting a battle morph for Emily, the two split up to find the others. The plan was to gather at the cave where Kelran and Hu stayed to talk about options.

((Does anyone object to using the cave as their usual meeting place for missions? Much like the Anis used Cassie's barn most of the time for meetings.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »
(( I like the idea, and as time goes on once Kelran learns hes well and truly marooned he will start to slowly improve and make changes to it as ebst he can.
Also, I suppose Hu would stay with him? since first theyre most culturally and biologically similar out of the group, and second Yarins ship would be cramped for a nature dweller like Hu.
Whatcha think Cloak?))
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »
(I like it, sounds like a good idea.)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »
((Sounds perfectly fine to me, Daphnes.  Clearly Kelran and Yarin agree as well.  Hu is far more comfortable there then in any conventionally technological place.))

Hu meditated a bit roughly two Earth hours after Kelran and Cody left.  During this, he had a disturbing vision which consisted of nothing but violently bright colors flashing rapidly.  Hu only knew that this meant danger was in the near future, but nothing else.

To ease his mind, he decided to catalog some of these Earth creatures.  Hu then realized that he wouldn't be aware of their proper names -- but he assume he could scan there forms into his Encarta, observe them, then ask for the proper names later.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2008, 05:14:50 AM »
((It's a good thing that there's a bus that goes somewhere in that general direction...if you squint...So, Kelran's place sounds like a good meeting place, yes. Plus, Cole can fly if she feels up to it.))

Cole stood outside of the cave and shouted. "Kelran! Or what's your name! Anyone?" She had a math book in one hand, and a notebook in the other. Calculus was giving her grief, and she was coming rather close to tearing out her own hair if she didn't get some help. Plus, she was going to rip the book to shreds soon, and somehow freaking out like that in front of Yarin didn't seem like a good thing to do. Especially if they were going to try and date. So, she decided to go to the other advanced species to ask them for help. "You know you want to help out a lower lifeform," she proclaimed in a sort of sing-song voice.

I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2008, 07:03:02 AM »
Kelran emerged from the cave with a bundle of sparking wires in one claw and a fizzing dangerous looking tool in the other,
He was tempted to simply throw the charged wires at Nichole for a moment, but then thought better of it.
She wasn't like Cody, and she was genuinely asking for his help.
"Come on in, Ill just be a moment," he angled his head at the sparking wires to indicated he needed to finish his business with them.

Nichole came in and watched as he converted the wires from copper to niobium.
Kelran gave a very abridged explanation of the process, then set down his tools.
"So, whats the trouble?"
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »
"Honestly? I've run this equasion at least ten times, and each time I get a different answer. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, why it's wrong, or what I need to do to fix it. I was hoping that I could ask for your help with it, since I'm about ready to tear the book to pieces, which would only result in my having to go and buy a new book." She held up the book and the notebook, which had lots of work and x's and scribbles over useless material. "I know I'm probably overthinking it greatly, but I honestly can't think of what I'm doing wrong..."
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
((Has Jmnar4 even posted since the date? Where is that guy? Is Hu in the cave at the moment? I'm not sure.))

Cody and Emily managed to find Jason and Yarin, and go to the cave. They were wondering where Nichole was, but it turned out she was at the cave already.

"Hey guys and girl. Wow. What is all that?" Cody said as he looked at Nochole's work."

"Looks like mathematical equations. College level math might be a bit over my head, though. Even though I get straight A's." Emily said.

"I'm calling a meeting." Cody said. He explained what happened at the observatory, and opened the floor to suggestions. "Though, I guess we can wait until Nichole gets her math problem straightened out. I'm glad I don't have to learn that kind of stuff. I'm happy with just knowing basic math."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #432 on: September 02, 2008, 09:43:19 AM »
((Hu isn't in the cave at the moment, but he's on his way after a brief skirmish with Bened -- which happens "off-screen", I guess.))

Hu approached the cave, with his cloak a little rougher.  Just as he suspected, Bened had joined the Yeerks, but Hu was certain that he wasn't infested.  But uncertainty was starting to creep in.  At the vary least, Hu managed to damage Bened's Encarta beyond repair.  His Yeerk allies would not be able to repair it.

To his surprise, the humans and Yarin were there.  Hu was wondering if it meant that something happened within their boxy inhabitations.  He wondered if there will be another battle.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »
"Hey Hu. You look like you've been in a fight. You're just in time for a meeting regarding Kelran's mission to go home." Cody said.

"And Nichole's mission to finish her homework. You know Hu, if you had morphing power you could morph away injuries. I had this scar I got from a fall when I was younger, but when I first morphed and demorphed it disappeared." Emily said.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:20:52 AM by Daphnes »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »
Hu told the others about his skirmish with Bened, how he allied himself with the Yeerks and how Hu, himself .  But Hu was unsure about accepting the metamorphic magic they had.  He hadn't seen anything similar to it before coming here.  Sure there where species that undergone metamorphisis on his home world, but it was always permanent -- they couldn't return to their previous forms.  But Hu's curosity got the better of him.

"You can give away such an ability?"

((Hu's gonna get zapped by the cube . . . talk about curiosity killing (well, not in this case) the cat. . . .))

(January 7, 2020)