Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54731 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #345 on: August 26, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »
(you can control visser 5 Daphnes i don't know why im mentioning it but just incase any of you decide to picture this in your minds Visser five's calveroid voice would be a rich baritone its just something to think about.)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #346 on: August 27, 2008, 07:57:38 AM »
"Kelran could be right about the identities thing. We need to be more careful." Cody said as they split into two groups.

"Be careful, all of you." Emily said.

"We will." Cody said before finishing his dog morph.

<Ok, unless those guys teleported again, I'll find them. Kelran, you're our eyes in the sky. Yarin, you're with me.>

They took off at a fast pace. It wasn't hard tracking the strange feline scent, into the woods through the darkness. Soon it became very strong.

<He's definitely around here. I can't see him, but he can't be more than fifty yards away. Kelran, can you see him through the trees? It seems they split up. Maybe for the best, since they seem to hate each other.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #347 on: August 27, 2008, 08:26:36 AM »
((AH! I missed the whole fight?! Now, I'm just confused...Oh, well. I know how to take care of Cole.))

Cole woke up, lying in the remains of the club. Her dress was smoking slightly from a Dracon shot that had caught her in the chest before she could even reach the bathroom to morph out of sight. Her brain was a little fuzzy on the details. All she really knew was that she couldn't spot Yarin, Cody, Kelran, Jason, or Emily. However, she did notice that a few other Controllers were gaining consciousness. She pulled off the heels and stood up, darting out of the club as fast as she could, actually leaping over one fallen table, arms outstreached in a basic ballet move.
She ran outside, squinting in the darkness to see if she could find anyone. She was actually a bit pissed at the guys. Emily she could at least understand, since they had just met, but the guys were her teammates. They had arranged this date and then abandoned her. She was going to have words. Hopefully before her anger simmered down and she better assessed the situation.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2008, 09:00:41 AM »
((I'm sure I posted that everyone was accounted for outside, but I suppose it's possible to overlook someone.))

Emily's POV:

Emily and Jason went back inside the club to go through and find the limo. There they saw Nichole. "I'm sorry Nichole. Did we overlook you? This was supposed to be all about you and Yarin, but it got ruined. Let's get to the limo and get out of here."

((May I ask how Kelran identified any controllers earlier? How the heck would anyone but Emily know who were controllers before all hell broke loose?))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:32 AM »
((Oh, really? Woops. My bad...Oh, well. I'm too lazy to fix it, because I don't know what else I would say.))

Nichole opened her mouth to have afformentioned words with Jason, but when Emily appologised, it was like all her anger evaporated, leaving her with a deep feeling of sadness that seemed to sit like a rock in her stomach. It had, in all honesty, been her first real date ever, and it had gone from being the most fun thing she had ever done to the worst thing that had ever happened. All she wanted to do was slump down on her knees and cry. But that was what limos were for.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »
"Hu . . ." a ghostly voice said.  "Hu . . ."
"Father?" Hu muttered.

Then a sound.  It was faint, but it alerted Hu all the same.  And the smells.  All unfamiliar, but so eeriely similar.  He jerked awake as it occured to him that someone might be looking for him . . . he wasn't exactly subtle at that Prosim inhabitation.  He pulled some blast root and the Disorientation Dust pouch from the satchel, and prepared himself (by going through his Encarta's articles on both) to use them if need be.  His claws were sheathed but he was easily prepared to use them.  His tail was thrashing around worrisome, and his ears were flat against his skull.  He was frightened, but ready to do what he must to survive.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:58:05 AM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
((Use the force, Huke...))

Using a bit of Kelran's guidance, they finally found one of the aliens. He was battered, and Cody smelled adrenaline pumping through his viens.

<Alright. We found you.> Cody said happily. The joyous dog brain was very excited about the chase. <Explain yourself, alien. Who are you? How did you get here? Why are you here? Why were you attacking that other guy?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
(( Simple sherlock holmes style observation  :P  ;D Remember, hes actually been taught at least a couple years of tactical training and part of that is learning to identify a covert enemy. Its kind of accepted that as smart as controllers might be they are always inevitably 'off' in a human social situation ))

Kelran tooke a few moments to tune his communicator pin to thoughtspeak. The device could translate several languages into and out of standard basic, including thoughtspeak. But its range was severely limited as opposed to actual thoughtspeak, and while on standard bands it had good reception, even minor obstacles could obscure its neuraleptic-transciever.

When he finally managed to tune it, it was a relatively simple process to direct Yarin and Cody into cornering the alien.
During the moments he spent fiddling with the transciever nodule slots, Kelran had a chance to observe the Aliens movements,
"<((Cody, he seems prepared for a fight, but I dont think he will atttack you directly. He has no idea Im here.))>" 
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2008, 10:59:35 AM »
((I doubt that someone who doesn't know much about Humans or Yeerks could tell the difference between someone acting strange because s/he's a controller, or someone acting strange because s/he's just a weird person. But whatever. If no one else minds, I'll let that be. Now for CloakedFigure or Yarin to post. Maybe Jmnar too, though there's not a whole lot he can post. He's as left out as Traycon is. :P))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2008, 11:28:24 AM »
((Use the force, Huke...))

((Thanks for the laugh, Daphnes!))

Hu growled at the strange quadruped.  He didn't care that he didn't "hear" him with his ears.  He became really obstinate.  "I don't not answer to the likes of you.  Who I am is none of your concern.  My battles have nothing to with you or your kind, therefore are none of your business, thing."

But a though occured to Hu.  Why would this creature be so demanding?  It is clear that he could slice him up three ways to Lapin Lines.  There must be something else.  Hu reached the conclusion that he must have allies somewhere in these woods.  He didn't know if they were giant Prosims or possibly other animals.

Hu reached into his pouch and spread the Disorientation Dust into the air, which turned into a stationary purple cloud, and then ran.  He had no idea the effectiveness of the Dust on an alien species -- it might not affect them at all -- but he'd have to take his chances.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:30:34 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
(oh that gives me an idea)
Just before the purple cloud appeared Yarin switched to infrared vision and began tracking the alien's heat signature. "I will be able to find him." Yarin said as they began running again after the alien.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2008, 11:49:41 AM »
The cloud was messing with Cody's nose. He couldn't track the scent anymore. Now he was basically running blind, and all he could do was track Yarin as he ran. He began wondering why they did go after him, besides just curiosity.

<Maybe this really isn't any of our concern.> Cody said as he chased after Yarin. <Does this really matter to us?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »
((Dont forget, he noticed their weapons. If theres one thing that would stand out to even a half observant housefly its an advanced alien gun worn under a 21st century human suit  ;D ))

"Bha. drat." Kelran snorted, the cloud of rapidly expanding purple gas was nearly impossible to see through at this time of night, but it didnt especially matter. Kelran could see everything in greater scope, and it wasnt long before he saw the alien taking flight in an entirely new direction.
"<((I think anyone who is a potentail ally or enemy matters))>" Kelran said, "<((I see him too now that he's left the cloud, but I cant pick up as much about what else he might have up his sleeve as I would like at this time of night. Sufficet to say he has more in that pouch of his than one would first think))>"

Kelran decided to let Yarin do the talking, but if the alien ran again he would simply attempt to tackle him and pin him until they could get answers. That tactic would rely on total surprise, the life form was felinoid and definitely very agile, far more so than a human.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2008, 04:38:41 PM »
((This is getting interesting . . . my adrenaline (sp?) is pumping, as is Hu's, let me assure you.))

Hu looked around and saw that his pursuers had been left behind in the dust.  Literally.  But something nagged him.  That was too easy.  He gripped his blast root, thoroughly hoping he wouldn't have to use it.

Why did they want him so badly?  Did he and Bened interrupt some kind of ceremony or ritual?  Didn't matter.  His honor rested on getting Bened, but down deep inside, Hu hoped that Bened would repent for his crimes.  He really didn't want to kill his brother.  As no brother would, Hu thought, but Bened would have killed me given the chance.  Maybe I could . . .

Then he shook his head.  No, Bened was his responsibility.  He should have seen this coming and prevented it.  Then he realized he was being watched.  By six eyes, it seemed.

"What do you want?" Hu said in a low, dangerous voice.  But his claws were sheathed.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
Nichole took about five minutes in the limo to compose herself and sniffed, looking at Emily and Jason. "I'm sorry," she mumbled before looking up at the roof of the limo. "Do you think we should go help them?" she finally asked, lowering her head to look at Jason.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:24:53 PM by traycon3 »