Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54665 times)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #870 on: October 07, 2008, 09:07:23 PM »
Nichole chewed on her lower lip, watching Cody negotiate. Her mind was still trying to process the fact that she was awake and alive. The scientist in her was sparked when Yarin said something about studying the Yeerk. She hadn't really paid much attention to the rest of what was going down, but she tapped Yarin on the shoulder. "What about studying a Yeerk?" she asked quietly.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #871 on: October 07, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Hu had his arms fold and head bowed yet again.  What would Lilas think of me now? he wondered.  Would she like what I've now become?  Would she see me as hero . . . or a monster?  Would she have given the Yeerk such a chance, if she were here and knew what it had done?

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #872 on: October 07, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »
Emily had been sitting quietly this whole time. She wondered if it was right for Cody to do this. She also felt that something was a little...off. Cody's voice was a bit too calm. Too smooth. Maybe it was intuition, but she felt that something more was going on here. Cody had a friendly smile on his face, but it just didn't seem completely genuine. Still, she kept on sitting quietly.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #873 on: October 07, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »
"Yarin turned to Nichole and said "If given the opportunity I would like to study it learn more about its biology and its strengths and weaknesses would you care to help me?"
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #874 on: October 07, 2008, 09:31:54 PM »
She sort of grinned. "Well, it would definately make a hell of a thesis paper," she replied. Then added, "That means, yes. It sounds fascinating."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #875 on: October 07, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »
"Guys, he's a sentient lifeform. Not a project for a thesis paper. Or a research specimen." Cody said, turning to them.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
Kressilet and Kelran were now definitely struggling for power again...
"Allright. Ill do it!!!" The Yeerk screamed. The agony that was setting his very nerves on fire was too much for him to bear.
In a trickle of blood, neurochemicals and water he came tumbling out of Kelran's ear.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #877 on: October 07, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
The moment when Hu decided to return to the cave, he saw the evil, sludge slug slip out of Kelran's ear.  Hu unsheathed his claws. . . .

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #878 on: October 07, 2008, 09:53:48 PM »
Cody shut down the forcefield and scooped up the Yeerk before he hit the ground. Kelran tryed to reach over and kill him, but was too weak. Then the smile on Cody's face vanished. A coldness came over his eyes. Before anyone could react, he smashed Kressillet against the wall. Nothing remained but a stain.

"Cody. What have you done?" Emily asked in shock, as she stared at the stain.

He wiped the residue off of his hands as he began walking towards the entrance of the cave. "Kelran is in serious need of some meat. I'm sure you guys can tend to that. I'll go bring Kelran's sword back." He said calmly as he left. Emily rushed outside after him.

"You said you'd make him a nothlit. You said he could live." her voice began to crack. "Cody, you lied to him. With a straight face, you lied to a desparate Yeerk."

He turned to her. "I saved kelran's life. The debt is repaid, and the danger is over."

"I...I believed you were becoming a nicer person. But if you could do something like that, how do I know anything you say to me is the truth?"

"Because I love you." Cody said as he stepped closer to her. "You can see it in my eyes."

"I don't know you, Cody." she said as she turned away. "How can someone be so warm one moment, and so cold another? There is something inside of you that makes me nervous."

"Some time later we'll talk. Right now, I'm getting wet again. Kelran's going to want back what's his. I want you to know that I'd never hurt you, Emily, but I have different views about my enemies."

"They're sentient lifeforms too. Just like us."

"They're not like us. They're parasites. Any Yeerk who takes an unwilling host is an enemy to us. It's that simple." He said, and walked away.

"War is never simple." Emily said, alone. She then returned to the cave.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #879 on: October 08, 2008, 09:12:38 AM »
Nichole sat on the ground, peeling meat off of some leftover sandwiches for Kelran. "Sorry this isn't much. If you need more, I can hit the store again," she said, glancing over at Kelran. She seemed unaffected by everything that was going on at that moment. Unpreterbed by Cody's actions.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #880 on: October 08, 2008, 09:27:14 AM »
Hu huffed fierce approval at Cody's actions as he sheathed his claws.

Then he turned to Emily.  "Emily, those things wouldn't think twice about obliterating you, given the chance.  That's what attacted Bened, I know.  What's more, it's clear that this Yeerk isn't one of the more docile ones -- if they exist.  It was a cold-blooded killer.  It left me with no further option but to take the Devolution Draught in desperation.  It turned out well, but it could have gone so, so, so wrong."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #881 on: October 08, 2008, 09:31:34 AM »
Emily returned, and sat on the mat as she dried herself off. She looked at Kelran with concern, and avoided looking at the stain on the wall. "Does that really justify cold blooded murder and deception on our parts, though, Hu? Shouldn't we live by higher standards than that?"

Cody came in a few minutes later with Kelran's sword, and cleaned it off after he got inside. "Emily and Nichole should probably go back to their parents and dormmate respectively. The rest of us can look after Kelran until he gets back in his feet. The Yeerks have probably moved the Kondrona generator, or at least upgraded security a hundred fold. Since we don't have any other missions yet, we should probably start doing recon."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #882 on: October 08, 2008, 09:59:06 AM »
Yarin just sat there, his mind had still been connected to Kressilet when he left Kelran. Yarin still hearing his mental screams as  Cody killed him.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #883 on: October 08, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »
Nichole nodded, passing the meat to Kelran. "I guess you'll have to get one of the guys to get you more meat if you need it," she told him. "Later, dudes!"
She turned to go, and caught sight of Yarin. She walked over to him. "Yarin? You ok?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #884 on: October 08, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
"Hmm. He may be worn out from being mentally linked to...uh oh. Sorry dude. That must have been unpleasant for you." Cody said.

Ani-Master 2014!