Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54764 times)

Offline jmnar4

Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 09:38:33 PM »
As they continued along, Jason went over what animal he should acquire.  He narrowed it down to tiger, wolf, and lion. "Hmm," he said to himself, "all three would make a good battle morph but I think I'll go with the animal I know best, the tiger."  They reached the enclosure where the tiger was kept.  Jason peered in to see where the tiger was and how he could get in without being seen.  The tiger lay in the shade of a tree at least ten yards from the door but there were alot of people looking at it, Jason knew he would have to be careful not to attract attention.  He went in, using the available cover to get near the tiger.  Reaching out, Jason placed his hand on the tiger, acquired it, and slipped back to the others.  "Wow," he said after closing the door, "that was something."

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2008, 02:52:54 PM »
Cole stood at the door of the habitat, psyching herself out. She tried to relax, telling herself that it was just like going on a roller-coaster. "Only I'm not strapped in," she muttered to herself. "And this has nothing to do with heights."
Finally, after what seemed like ages, but was only about half a minute, she opened the door. The black panther was laying on a rock, sunning itself. Asleep.
Or so she thought.
She crept towards it, trying to keep her breath steady. CRRACK! went a branch. The panther raised its head lazily, looking at her sleepily. She froze, and murmured, "Nice kitty, kitty. Pretty kitty." The panther flicked its tail and laid its head back on its paws. Slowly she reached out and stroked it. Its breath slowed as she aquired it. A part of her was sort of surprised that it didn't start purring, like her cats would.
Once she was sure she had aquired it, she turned and ran out of there as fast as she could. Throwing open the door, she slammed it shut, laughing wildly. "Wooh! What a rush!" She grinned widely, panting a bit.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
"Now that we have our morphs, we need to practice with them. We'll need a remote spot to get used to our morph's instincts and abilities."

They hiked into the woods and stopped in a meadow.

"I'll get things started. Just give me a lot of space because crocodiles are known to eat people."

Cody began to morph. His skin turned to scales, his face bulged out, and a tail grew from his rear. His arms and legs shortened, and he grew fatter and heavier than any Human.

After the morph was done, the instincts kicked in. It was slow, and very old. Crocodiles are as old as the dinosaurs, and have changed little since ages past. He was big and bold, but was uncomfortable with no water near. There were also others near, and he gave a loud hiss to warn them off.

<Are you in control of the morph, Cody?> A voice asked.

He didn't care for the voice in his head, but one word stuck out. The word Cody had some meaning. He then realized, that was his name.

<Yeah, I'm fine. Hey, I used telepathy like you and Elfangor! Cool.>

Cody began walking, and swishing his tail around. He grabbed a rock in his mouth that weighed half what his Human body did, and hurled it far.

<This is a cool morph! I'm strong, tough, and don't take sass from anyone!>

He then demorphed. "Ok, who's next?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
Cole waved her hand. "Um...don't you think we should have someone else in morph? Just in case, you know, we try and EAT PEOPLE?!"

((Does anyone care if Cole can morph in at least half the time of everyone else?))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
(You want Cole to be an estreen too?)

"If we keep our distance and depend a little on Yarin, it will hopefully be fine." Cody said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2008, 04:26:58 PM »
((Not exactly. Estreens are more known for making pretty pictures and being able to sort-of contol their morphs to a point. Now, yes, they are a bit faster than normal morphers, but I'm not trying to make her an estreen. Her morphs are just as disgusting, if not more disgusting, than everyone elses. She just happens to do it fairly quickly. One of the few things she can do fast. The others includes reading and typing.
((Ooh, I just realized something...I'm gonna have some clothes issues here...Did we even have the "clothes conversation"?))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »
Cody has managed to morph some clothing before, but I guess the others might have problems. What if we pretended clothing wasn't much of an issue?)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »
((That would definately save me and Cole some embarrassment. But about the faster morphing? Any thoughts? Anyone?))

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 08:33:52 PM »
(It's fine. I have no objections.)

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
"I will morph next I have chosen two morphs from my homeworld my pet Udglok, a small pink  amoeboid creature named Ubi and a large male Devashi, they are large predatory reptiles they are pack hunters much like your wolves."
Yarin demorphed and began to morph the Devashi. His skin changed from gray to brownish green.  He grew larger dropped down on all sixes his 4 arms becoming legs. He grew a tail with small spikes on it, scales, armor plating and a small sail on his back.  His face elongated and rows of sharp teeth grew in his mouth, he developed heat sensing pits on his face. <I have completed the morph.> He said.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:04:14 AM by Yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
"I'll go next," Jason said.  Calming himself, Jason thought about being the tiger and felt the morph begin.  The orange and black fur spread over his body, his muscles bulged, felt the teeth and claws grow in place of human teeth and nails.  He fell on to all fours, the morph slowly completing itself.  Jason felt the tiger apart of him come alive, its instincts and senses taking in his surroundings.  Jason tried to keep the tiger part under control, remembering how Cody acted when he morphed the croc.  <Ok,> he said in thought speech, <I think I have it under control.>  He moved around the meadow, letting the tiger part guide him, getting a feel for the morph.  <Aww man, I think I'm gonna like this morph.>

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 09:02:20 PM »
((I'm going to take that as no one has objections to her speedy morphing. Don't worry, I'm going to make her more suseptable to fatigue due to morphing, though.))

Cole stood quietly, watching the guys morph. When everyone else had finished, she had a sense of what she was getting into. She tried to calm her shaking hands by shoving her glasses farther up her nose. Then she focused on the morph, closing her eyes so she didn't have to really see it. The first thing she noticed was that she fell onto all fours almost immedietly. Then everything seemed to fall into place faster than she expected it to. <Woah!> she shouted with surprise before the panther's mind took over.
The panther was fairly calm. It wasn't terribly hungry, so fortunately the strange smells weren't exactly appetizing. She streached, letting a bit of sunlight bathe her. Then she began washing herself.
A part of her frowned mentally. There was something odd about what she was doing. Something not...<Woah,> she said again as her mind surfaced. <Did not expect that.>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2008, 09:08:18 PM »
"Wow, that was fast. I think this is turning out pretty well so far. Now if only we knew something about the Yeerk operation, we could do something. We should take a look around town. If either Jason or Nichole have a vehicle, we can ride around and see if we notice anything."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
Nichole demorphed, blinking as the world resumed its natural look. Her glasses were still shoved so high up the bridge of her nose that her eyelashes were hitting them when she blinked, so she adjusted them. "I have a car. I just...have no idea where it is. But I can't stay out too late. I promised my roommate I'd go to some Sharing thing tonight. And what did you mean when you said 'that was fast'?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
"I just meant that you seemed to morph faster than the rest of us. Just a casual observation. If you have things to do, then maybe you should go ahead and do that. In fact maybe we should all go do that. I've been hearing about how fun The Sharing is, and that they have a bunch of free food. Maybe you should bring your three new friends." Cody said in excitement over the prospect of a free meal.

Ani-Master 2014!