Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54715 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #465 on: September 05, 2008, 10:24:45 PM »
((Im going to throw in, if there are no objections, what I call a drode point. A wildcard plot point that can be used later for anything. It could be they just set up a trap assuming the 'bandits' would come back, or it could be that there some bigger thing involving the observatory))

Kelran's optomistic plans were very quickly turned to a full blown snafu.
First, upon arriving at the observatory, he disovered the area covered in security.
The men seemed to be wearing uniforms of some kind, but did not look well armed enough to be military. (National Guard, or Police, you guys pick)
They had decently well equipped vehicles, in the human sense.

And they had Yeerk energy weapons. Controllers.

But Kelran was not deterred.
He circled until the setting sun was in the right spot, then dived.
The solider he hit had time to squeeze of a shot with his primitive human weapon. But it was silenced, and missed Kelran by 4 feet.
The man soon lost all semblance of conciousness. Even the most inept observer could see that was probably due to severe trauma to the head. undoubtedly a result of Kelran's fisted claws. painful.

Kelran slid over the lip of the telescope aparatus and into the building....
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #466 on: September 05, 2008, 11:26:25 PM »
Yarin watched as Hu and Bened began to fight, he wanted to help Hu but he was not sure how he could be of assistance.  He demorphed and ran to help Hu.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #467 on: September 06, 2008, 08:20:19 AM »
Nichole saw this too and swiftly began her morph. She shot past Yarin and barreled towards Bened, determined to knock the alien right off his feet.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #468 on: September 06, 2008, 08:33:52 AM »
Cody got Emily to a hidden place, and covered her as she demorphed, and remorphed. Then he did the same. He could see Visser Five come out of the building as the commotion began to get louder.

<The Andalites have come again!?> He shouted above the noise.

"Yes sir! They seem to be after the Smilodite."

<Call in additional troops.>

"Some of our troops are responding to something at the Human observatory."

<Multiple attacks?>

Emily plowed through Human and Hork-Bajir controllers, followed by Cody. There was a crowd forming around them, but most controllers seemed curios about Hu and Bened's fight. Cody and Emily attempted to perform crowd control, to help keep the controllers at bay while the ther three went after Bened.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #469 on: September 06, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
Bened threw some purple powder at Hu, but it had no effect.  Hu reproachfully informed Bened that the Disorientation Powder wouldn't work as he already ingested the Colibroc herb.  Bened charged forward with a slash, but Hu excuted a perfect somersault to dodge.  Hu then slashed himself, three lines of blood the color of rust appeared on his right shoulder.

Hu was only vaguely aware of Yarin and Nicole's approaches to help.  He could not allow Bened -- could not allow his little brother to harm them.  Bened took notice of this cackled sinisterly.  "That has always been your weakness, big brother.  You actually care.  You even care about these lesser creatures."

"Whereas you kill until you get what you want." Hu countered.  "That wormhole didn't grant you the power you so ardently desired, did it?"

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #470 on: September 06, 2008, 08:55:24 AM »
Cole haulted her attack for a second, as the two jumped around. She was relying too much on her own mind, and she knew it. This was the panther's job. Finally, she let go, and the panther watched until there was an open line of attack. Claws extended and teeth bared, human and panther lept at the alien, aiming to tear out its neck.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2008, 09:09:25 AM »
Hu noticed that similiar bodied morph of Cole's approaching as he threw Bened over his shoulder.  Cole pounced on him, and Hu worried horribly that Bened might skewer her with his claws.  Bened wouldn't hesistate to use them.

Then, suddenly, TSEEEEW!  TSEEEEW!  Hu had forgotten that he wasn't the only one with allies.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #472 on: September 06, 2008, 09:13:45 AM »
Cole felt a Dracon beam hit her shoulder and smelled burning flesh. However, the panther would not be deterred. This was his prey. He wanted to feel it's last heart-beat as he clamped his teeth down, crushing the spine. The panther pounced, landing on Bened and immedietly aiming for his throat.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #473 on: September 06, 2008, 09:54:58 AM »
If things hadnt been going Kelran's way before, they defenitely weren't now.

An alarm was sounding, and now the gryphon knew he had been seen.
Taking no care for stealth he swiftly incapacitated three humans, took the energy weapons off of two of them, and the keycard from the other.
As he rounded the next corner he realized it was too dangerous to use the weapons until he knew what settings they used...
And thats when he ran into another human.

Thinking fast he simply brought the weapons blunt back end down on the mans head. Either the material was flimsy, or he had almost killed the guy, because the weapon cracked and several pieces of circuitry fell out.

Tossing the now useless gun aside, Kelran slid past the inert body, over to the door that lead to the mainframe room, and entered using the keycard...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #474 on: September 06, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »
(oh just to clarify visser 5 wouldn't be using thoughtspeak his host body has a mouth)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #475 on: September 06, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »
While Cody and Emily tried to keep any Hork-Bajir controllers at bay, some controllers had brought the beam weapons.

<Things are going bad here! Grab Bened already, and let's haul!> Cody said.

<Foolish Andalites!> Visser Five yelled from behind the crowd. <The battle for Earth ended when my Blade ship sliced your Pool ship in two, and I hunted down your hero Elfangor. Surrender now, and I will end your lives quickly. There is no hope for you. You only delay the inevitable. I have already won this planet, and its class five species!>

<Class five? What does that mean?> Cody asked Emily.

<There are five classes of host species, as degrading as it is to be considered such. I can explain later.>

((Cody isn't really thinking that Hu will try to execute Bened here and now, but he wouldn't be appalled if that did happen. Does anyone else notice I use a lot of short sentences when I write?))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #476 on: September 06, 2008, 03:07:44 PM »
((Oh, Hu will try to execute Bened -- who, naturally try to avoid this -- but it probably never happen.  Capturing Bened might prove dangerous though, if he ever discovers morph-capable humans . . . though perhaps Hu could use those Cryo Crystals of his to temporarily freeze him solid . . .))

Hu was positioned perfectly to deliever the killing blow . . . but he, no matter how angry or rageful he got, he just couldn't take the life of his little brother.  So, instead he pulled out a vine bola, and threw it at him.  It wrapped around Bened's feet, and grew, entwining his arms, tail and fangs to make him horribly rigid, but alive.  He couldn't use his claws to slash his way out.

It would be so easy now . . . too easy . . .

TSEEEW!

A burn hole appeared in Hu's shoulder, but it wasn't a lethal hit.  But it hurt like hell.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #477 on: September 06, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »
Meanwhile Kelran's device was functioning well. Too well.
There was a wealth of data and controlls here, too many for something as simple as an optical and radio telescope....

Kelran started two operations. At the risk of loosing time he began isolating and downloading any data that wasnt contained in what he guessed to be human standard.
He then began to try and pull up maps, images, anything to give him a clue....
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #478 on: September 06, 2008, 05:09:12 PM »
Soem of the Dracon beam wielding enemies had come close enough for Cody to take down, and steal their weapons. When he had four, he through them Yarin's way.

<Yarin, grab those beams and hitch a ride on emily! Emily, once he's on you're our battering ram! Hu, grab Bened while Nichole and I cover you!>

<Do not let them take the Smilodite before I get my wormhole generator!> Visser Five yelled.

((Best escape plan I could think of. Of course Visser Five would want the worm hole technology, and Bened is his beast means of getting it.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #479 on: September 06, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
((and if thats so the observatory with its massive highly conductive dish could be one of several in the area whos dishes are being linked to produce the wormhole itself.  ;D but Kelran isnt one to leave anything to chance.... bye bye dish >:D ))

Kelran continued to leaf through the terminal, until he came upon an image. Familiar... so familiar... NO!it couldnt be!
The image was his own galaxy... and if he understood the human numerals correctly.... it was over 6.2 billion lightyears away.
74 years of standard slipspace travel, much less a z-space drive.....

Kelran sagged. he felt all his hope, his energy, his plans draining out of him.
All he could think of was Festhar. and how he might never see him again.
He felt so cold... so alone...

And gradually as he sat there, the coldness became a void. the void bred fury.
The controllers who broke through the door found him sitting as if staring off into space.
One placed an energy pistol to the back of his head. "Dont move Andalite"
Kelran laughed, "Have you ever seen an Andalite with a bio-mimick pattern like mine?"
The controller seemed confused... "Im a Gryphon. And you are dead."

Before the yeerk could even process the thought Kelran had the man's dracon pistol in one hand, and his sword in the other.
He shot the man point blank, slicing the arm from the other one.
As his fury cooled he realized the weapon had been set to its lowest setting. Providing they didnt remain unfound indefinitely, they would both live.
And Kelran didnt have it in him to kill them now.... not when it would mean the death of their hosts.
But he could still hurt them in a different way...... one that wouldnt affect their hosts as directly...

Kelran pulled the now full to busting portable computer out of the terminal.
Viewing the data in basic trinary revealed nothing interesting, except a few hardware interface protocols. What they were he didnt know, but it seemed obvious that any hardware protocols stored at an observatory were made for the observatory.
And anything the yeerks wanted it for couldnt be good.
The optical telescope was dangerous in no way.
So that left the radio dish. significantly more versatile.
Kelran decided it would be wise to ensure the dish wouldnt be used by the Yeerks. Ever.
Until it is no more....