Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54717 times)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #450 on: September 03, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »
Nichole nodded, trying to relax. She was scared out of her mind, and she felt like her whole body was noticibly shaking. She hoped she was wrong, though, since it would be a sure sign that she wasn't a Controller. She closed her eyes, breathing slowly. She was hoping she'd get lucky and no one would notice.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #451 on: September 03, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
((Is Hu with Cody and 'em?  I thought you guys had already left.  Oh, well.  My error.  Anyway, the cloak isn't as effective in artificial lighting, otherwise it might be too . . . um, what's the word I'm looking for?))

"Remember," Hu said in hushed tones, "Bened may have just as many tricks and potions and whatnot as I do . . . except for an invisibility cloak."

Cody reminded Hu that Bened was probably given Yeerk weaponry.

"Oh," Hu said, with mild surprise.  "I hadn't considered that."

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #452 on: September 03, 2008, 03:41:39 PM »
Kelran snapped the last of his armor into place.
He hoped it wouldnt come to a fight at the observatory, but he was not going to morph or deal with this the way Cody would.
he would rely on his natural abilites and few pieces of technology one and all, and if it came down to it he would knock some people into next week with the flat of his sword.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #453 on: September 04, 2008, 09:16:22 AM »
Cody and Emily stuck to the shadows as they made their way to the office building. The vent shafts all had tough netting around them.

<It's almost like they don't want some Andalite in bug morph sneaking in through the vents.> Cody said.

<I see Visser Five through a window.> Emily said.

Cody went over and saw him sitting at a computer desk. Bened was not with him.

<At least we know where Visser Five is. That's good to know.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #454 on: September 05, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »
(hey guys sorry i haven't been on as much as i'd have liked, so what did i miss?)

Yarin was in human morph with Nichole and Hu he noticed that Nichole was shaking,  Yarin placed his human arms on her shoulder to sready her  "It will be alright, we will find Bened and make it out of here." he told her.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 03:14:49 PM by yarin »
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #455 on: September 05, 2008, 03:21:16 PM »
(Hiya Yarin.  Kelrans goin' to the observatory again and, apparently, the rest of us are going after Bened.  I'm think this would be the area where Bened lets it slip about Lilas and Hu's boys.  But Hu would be hesistant to admit it to the others, being in tears when he does)

Hu saw Yarin comforting Nicole and it made him feel awkward.  It also brought up memories of Lilas . . .

Hu wanted to bring up the fact that Bened might not be present or somewhere hidden.  Hu decided he couldn't withhold this information, feeling it to be dishonorable.  "Bened might not be at this pool place.  On the other claw, he might.  I cannot ask you risk yourselves for this slim possibility.  For me, it's a question of honor.  Something I must do.  You have no need to risk life and limb for this . . ."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #456 on: September 05, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »
She took a shakey breath, but felt a bit more relaxed. It was nice...having someone comfort her. She turned her head to Yarin, plastering on a false smile. "I'm fine. I just had a bit too much caffine earlier and it just hit. Let's get this done." She took another deep breath, finally feeling her body stop its vibrating. "Let's go, shall we?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #457 on: September 05, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »
<What if he isn't here?> Emily said to break the silence.

<He might be at the main Sharing building. Or he might be on a ship in orbit. If he's up there, then I think he may be out of reach.> Cody replied.

<How much of a threat do you think Bened is?>

<I think what he has on him may be in limited supply, unless the Yeerks can mass produce the stuff. I'm also worried about how those two teleported in. Does Bened have a way to do it again? What if the Yeerks gain access to something like that?>

<Only Hu would know something like that.>

Since there wasn't a lot going on around the main building, Cody decided to find the others. He and Emily searched around, and found Nichole and Yarin.

<Hey Yarin.> Cody said. <We didn't see Bened in the building, though that doesn't guaruntee he isn't in there. As Bened about that device he and Bened used to get here.>

<Nichole looks a bit nervous.> Emily said to Cody.

<Nichole's kind a wimp. Afraid to fight. Those who fear are the one's that get stepped on. Understand, Nichole?>

<Some people might interpret that statement as more rude than inspirational, Cody.> Emily said quietly.

<I tell it like it is.>

(Still planning on having Cody get too big for his shoes. The part where he ticks most everyone off and screws up will probably be while they're trying to steal a ship for Kelran. Since that's meant to be a failed mission anyway. Then he'll learn his lesson and be less bossy.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #458 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »
"Tell Cody to **** off," Cole snapped, uncharacteristicall y. She thought about taking it back, but then shook her head. "Just tell him." After a second, she added, "And tell him that only fools are without fear."

((I know that's from something...I don't think I pulled that out of thin air...))

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #459 on: September 05, 2008, 06:27:39 PM »
((Okay, I'm a bit confused.  Sorry, but is Hu still with them?  Have they gone into the pool yet?  If he isn't, disregard this rest of this post and I'll modify it.))

Hu fiddled with his cloak clasp again, and went invisible.  He was preparing for battle with Bened.  He hoped Bened would be in this complex the others were talking about.

Hu noticed the one called Cody seemed to be calling the shots.  He didn't like being under the command of a human -- he still associated them with the pestential (sp?) Prosims of his world.

He rubbed his right fang anxiously.  Then he heard the one called Cole's response, and the proverb she quipped.  Hu couldn't suppress a smile.

((I couldn't supress a smile, either, traycon.))

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #460 on: September 05, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
((Hu is walking around the pool area with Yarin and Nichole. They are all in the pool, and as of now they are all in the same spot. You can have them find Bened at the pool, or not. I'll let you decide how this goes.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #461 on: September 05, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »
(you changed your name huh)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #462 on: September 05, 2008, 08:34:04 PM »
((I noticed that too, yarin. ;)  Okay, then, here we go.  The -- you know what -- is about to hit the fan. . . .))

Hu watched the activity at the pool's edge.  It sickened him.  But Hu never did like parasites of any type.  But this seemed . . . horrible beyond reason, to Hu.

Hu was beginning to this this entire mission was pointless, as he had yet to sense Bened's presence anywhere.  But that all changed when he caught a familiar scent in the air, amongst the unfamiliar smells of this world.

"Bened," Hu snarled quietly.  He was still quite invisible, and he knew that Bened had no such cloak -- he didn't have any. . . . He didn't deserve a Master Mage cloak.

Neither did he, he felt, but that didn't matter now.  His claws were unsheathed, but he wouldn't use them until his found Bened and became visible again.

Hu began to track Bened. . . .

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #463 on: September 05, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »
(you changed your name huh)
((Yes, I changed my name to the middle name of the Daphnes character so people won't think I'm a girl. I probably won't ever change it again.))

Cody and Emily followed as Hu seemed to have found something.

<Nichole and Yarin, if something goes down you watch Hu's back. Emily and I will be with you afterwards if things get hairy.>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 09:29:40 PM by Nohensen »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #464 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:33 PM »
((Good choice, Da -- I mean, Nohensen. ;) . . . I didn't know you could change your user name . . .))

Hu sniffed furiously and saw, with a savage delight, Bened.  He was standing bold as brass near some caged humans, eyeing them strangely.  Had he become so savage that he would eat humans?

"Bened!  Prepare yourself!" Hu roared, as his cloak billowed behind him.

"You!"

"No, it's Hu, and you know it!"

((Bad joke, I know.  Sorry, I couldn't resist!))

Bened unsheathed his claws, and sneered, "I knew it was only a matter of time before you found me, or teamed up with the bunch of losers that these guys fight, big brother!"

Then, with an evil snicker, Bened coldly and remorselessly replied, "Or is this about Lilas?  Or those two little punks of yours?"

Hu's teeth were clenched, and then he lunged!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 10:11:14 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)