Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54619 times)

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #1305 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:54 PM »
((Are we actually going to succeed in bringing in re-enforcements? or just end up being forced to totally destroy the project so that the 'isolated and alone' idea continues?))

Kelran nodded, "My people would jump at the chance to fight a just war.  But its all an open question until we know how or even if the device or system works.
There are many many ways of generating a space-time portal, or what you call a 'wormhole' and they all have individual characteristics, strengths, drawbacks and rules."
He gestured, "A transwarp fold, for example, has infinite range, but a defined travel time. A spacial flecture is an instantaneous portal of infinite range, but highly unstable and prone to.... adverse side-affects. For all we know the Visser is working on a form of space-time folding none of us has ever concieved of."
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1306 on: November 26, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »
((No permanent characters can come along unless one of us controls them. Temporary characters like Qodon and Delmin are fine, but they will eventually leave. Welcome back Kelran.))

"Which goes back to me saying we shouldn't try to use something we don't understand. Better to just keep Visser Five from creating one." Emily said.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #1307 on: November 27, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »
(I won't be on till sunday going away for the weekend)
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1308 on: November 27, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
((Then we need to somehow preclude/limit/erase the possibility of 'gating-in' any of Kelran's people as there is no reason they wouldn't simply gate-in the entire naval force of 2000 ships and knock the Yeerks for a loop inside a week. Maybe a range limitation?))
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1309 on: November 27, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »
((Maybe we could have the group try this, but Hu has other plans. He gears it towards Aruten to go home. We have some adventure in Aruten or whatever, and by the time we're done the gate gets destroyed. Not so much it being too limited to allow the Gryphon army from coming. Just that the opportunity gets wasted somehow. Or maybe the group gets control over the gate, and threatens to send the Gryphon army to the Yeerk homeworld. forcing Visser Five to destroy it himself.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1310 on: November 27, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
((Theres obviously plenty of great ways to do it.... now the question is which one?  :P))
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1311 on: November 27, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »
((I've been waiting for suggestions. We could follow/capture and interrogate the chief of police. We could spy out buildings that have large sattelite dishes. We could do something else.))

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1312 on: November 27, 2008, 07:56:29 PM »
((Or split the team and do both.... Kelran could take someone and scout for installations with large dishes, then get that person to help him use the internet to research their purpose/capabilities(IE is it just a receiver dish or could it generate a field...) And everyone else could track down and/or capture/interrogate the Police Chief))
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1313 on: November 27, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »
"Maybe we could split into two groups." Emily said. "I can morph bird and go with Kelran to check out the sattelite dishes. The two of us combined should have no problems working a Human computer. The rest of you could find and track the police chief. Or interrogate him, if possible. What do you say, Kelran?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1314 on: November 27, 2008, 10:07:11 PM »
Kelran nodded, "Efficient, well thought out, swift, and potentially rewarding on two fronts.  I like it. Cody?"
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1315 on: November 27, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »
"That sounds fine to me." Cody said. "Let's move out."

Most of the members made their way to the police station. Therin they found the police chief, and began taking note of things that were going on. They needed to wait until he was alone before making a move.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #1316 on: November 28, 2008, 08:59:46 AM »
After the others had gone Kelran turned to Emily, "Well then, do we have a map?  I don't really need it for navigation, but it would be nice to lay out a defined search pattern.  It would save time and in case something should happen to us, if we leave a copy here it will lead the others that much closer to our last known position."
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1317 on: November 28, 2008, 09:03:25 AM »
"a map would be a good idea." Emily said. She found Qodon and Delmin, and with their help used Yarin's ship's computer to construct a map of the city. The map would be displayed on screen so when the others came back they would see it. "We'll start at the largest radio station in the city" Emily said, and marked that spot. Then they were off.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline jake_berenson

• my charecter in a story i'm wrting
« Reply #1318 on: November 28, 2008, 12:19:26 PM »
(sorry! I got banned cause I got a d in math. You didn,t kill me off did you? :o  I saw like a three sword thing in a magazine and thoght i might do it. the swods are like thouse one sided chinese swords.)

Peter woke up in a forest.
<Ohhhhh. my head hurts.> He looked down he was in hyena morph. < oh crap!>
He emmediatly demorphed.
"Whew." he said with relief. he morphed into his falcon morph and flew.
<I'm in the mood for a tour. How much money do I have?> Suddenly he got hit by something. <Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!> he shouted as h fell.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:44:03 PM by jake_berenson »
Rachel "let's do it."

Linkin park rocks!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1319 on: November 28, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
((Not dead. Just apparently not mentioned. We were hoping you and Coaked would come back.))

Ani-Master 2014!