Author Topic: Animorphs: A New Beginning  (Read 54760 times)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
Re: Animorphs: A New Beginning
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
Yarin awoke to a loud buzzing outside his ship instinctivly he knew it was the Nucogt and that being the case that it was Cody in morph.  Yarin  morphed to human and stepped outside into the sunlight. "Oh Qraj" how long was I out for?" he asked.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
(People are taking too long. I will post again)

"Good morning Yarin. Early morning, anyway. I came over to hang, but just had the thought of getting some breakfast."

Cody went with Yarin to get some money out of a stash, and then headed to McDonald's.

"McDonalds has some cheap, healthy food, though some of the food is bad for you. I've got plenty money to buy us some food. Most of it I got legally."

They got their food and sat down, but there wasn't much talk at first. They both knew where the day was heading, and Cody was nervous. To break the silence and lighten the mood, Cody talked about things they might do the next day.

"I could take you to the theme park. That's a lot of fun. The park is not as fun, but it is free. I'll help you get used to being here tomorrow, so you don't have to be cooped up in your place most of the time."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
(good to know someone else shares my enthusiasm for keeping up a pace  :) )

“Simply brilliant. How are the coils looking?”
Festhar sighed and threw his talons in the air, “Kelran, that’s the 8th time in 5 revolutions you’ve asked that”
“And?”
“And no change, the Graviton coils look like they’re functioning perfectly…. Huh. Now that’s peculiar”
“What?” Kelran crossed the space between the section commander’s chair and the helm station in half a second, Festhar pointed, “that.” Kelran blinked, blinked again, and looked at Festhar, he nodded.
“Sub-Leftenant Kelran to Main Section bridge…”
“What is it Squire?” Kelran winced at the term, which was a clear snipe.
“Sir, Sub-Leftenant Festhar and I are getting some strange Gravitic readings”
Suddenly the Officer of the Deck was all attention, “From the GVG?”
Festhar studied the readout and tapped the panel, “No sir, from co-ordinates 21-beta 6 by alpha 42.”
The derision was evident in the officer’s voice, “Do you Squires not know a garden variety spacial distortion when you see it?”
Kelran closed the channel in disgust. And apprehension.
*anything* is possible, *some* things are probable, this is what is.
And I will continue to deal with what is...
Until it is no more....

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
"Yes the theme park might be interesting." Yarin said after he finished eating his meal of charred bovine flesh, sliced vegetables  and carbonated sucrose liquid. Just one question what is it?"  "Also I am aware of your lack of a proper dwelling and if you wanted to stay with me that would be acceptable."
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2008, 08:48:51 PM »
Morning light broke through the window. A few rustling sounds, plus a chortle could be heard coming from her roommate, but Cole didn't stir. It wasn't until Lynn shut the door that she stirred from under her cocoon of covers.
"Ooh, God. My back," she muttered, streaching and complaining to the empty room. "Mmh. I really don't feel like cafeteria food today." So getting dressed, she headed for the bus stop that would take her near a McDonalds. She dreaded walking the rest of the way, but a McGriddle was calling her name.
She walked up to the counter, completely missing the fact that Cody and Yarin were even there, and placed her order, stiffling a yawn as she did so.
Finally her food came, and she scanned the place for an empty table.
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
Yarin stood up and walked over to Nichole "Greetings Nichole would you care to sample grilled animal flesh between two disks of compressed wheat?" he asked her. He breathed in through his nose and with that came  a curious sensation, "what is this feeling? it is as if i am tasting with my nasal cavity, is this normal with humans?"  Nichole laughed, "Its called smelling its one of our senses its works in combination with taste."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:37:31 AM by yarin »

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »
(*dies laughing at Yarin's description of a Big Mac* Nice one!  ;D )

“SA-14 to GVG-Control, pre-test sequence complete….. results nominal, ready for probe-injection test”
“Affirmed SA-14, all ships clear the pre-launch vector. Initializing probe…. Bringing to launch position, maneuvering gate….. complete, vector set to grid 21-beta 2 by 4 theta.  Charging Graviton coils, saturating Verteron matrix. 30 seconds to test.”
Until it is no more....

Offline traycon3

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I'm sitting on Jesse because he is comfy! XD
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2008, 07:49:27 AM »
She smiled, balancing her tray in one hand, while holding her newly filled drink in the other. "And really. Sometimes it's amazing just how well smell and taste coinside. You mind?" She slid into a spot next to Yarin and turned to him. "Actually, one time I took a sip of my mom's water when I was aiming for my rootbeer. It tasted like rootbeer for two seconds before it hit me that it was water. Talk about a shock."
It was then that she realized just how close she was to Yarin. And even more surprising, her personal space didn't feel invaded, like it usually did when she sat near new people without a chair or at least something in between them.
And, she thought to herself, he was kind of cute. Sure, she could pick out things that were hers, if she felt like focusing that hard, but still...
She shook her head slightly and took a sip of her soda. "Ew! Here, does this taste off to you?" she asked, extending the drink to Yarin. "I think I got Coke instead of Dr. Pepper."
I'm not real anymore. I am an illusion. -Rob Thomas, "I am an Illusion"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2008, 08:15:08 AM »
"Don't you two look cute together? Of course, he looks a third like you." Cody said.

After they got through eating, they went to Jason's house.One of his brothers was outside, and they asked him to bring Jason out. Once again, they met in the garage.

"Okay, Nichole has a Lynn morph, and the rest of us have small morphs. I suggests she sneaks us in with a purse or bag, but not anything of hers. Once we're in, we need to find where they put the hosts, and get as close to them as possible. Then we morph battle morphs, break them out, and use surprise to rush out of the nearest exit. The four of us will be behind the Humans, trying to keep the controllers at bay. For good measure, we may even free the involuntary Hork-Bajir and Taxxons."

"It's kind of a rough plan, but I'm hoping some details will become clearer once we're inside."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »
"It's kind of a rough plan, but I'm hoping some details will become clearer once we're inside."
"It may be rough but it is the only plan we have so I say we do it.  Is there a place where I can demorph I have been a human for almost two of your hours. I say your hours because I measure time differently than you do." Yarin said as he ducked behind a large personal transport craft and demorphed, a few minuets later he morphed back to human.

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »
“Command! This is Rcon-13 enemy Slipspace openings forming in grids 4, 18, and 21!”
“Battle alert! SA-14 ordered to exit the battle zone, Legacy Defiant and Constitution prepare for combat stances. Protect the GVG!”

“Legacy here, confirmed enemy contacts, 13 Kelbrid cruisers, we are outmatched requesting backup, and permission to engage”
“Command here, affirmed Legacy you have the Amber to Engage, reinforcements are on the horizon, 12 rotations out”
Kelran was stunned, but not nearly as stunned as when 5 Kelbrid trinium warheads slammed into the legacy.
“All crew to battle posts!”
Festhar wrestled with the bridge hatch, “Locked, there must be a breach somewhere in this section, looks like force fields are down. We’ve been hit hard.”
Kelran nodded, much as he and Festhar were eager to help in the battle, there was no way for the moment.
Until it is no more....

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
First they stopped at a store and bought a bag for Nichole to use, then they all made their way back to where the Sharing building was, and stopped quite a distance from it.

Nichole morphed to Lynn, which was certainly not as dramatic a change as turning into a mouse or insect. The others morphed their small morphs and got into the bag.

<Okay Nichole, just walk purposefully to the door and act like you're kind of in a hurry. Once we get in the elevator and inside the pool, it will be up to you to find somewhere to let us out without being seen. Also,m you need to find the cages where the hosts are. It will be scary for all of us, but we need to push that fear out and do what Elfangor hoped we would do.>

Getting past the doorman wasn't too difficult, and they got to the elevator. Soon the doors opened to the Yeerk Pool. They were officially in.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Kelran-Isthinar

• Tempus Fugit
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2008, 12:29:10 PM »
“Legacy! We’ve taken heavy fire, hull has been breached on Alpha, Gamma, and Theta Decks….. Initiating Procyon maneuver”
The defiant slammed into the Kelbrid right flank ship, and the two vessels went up in a Zero-point energy fueled blaze of glory.
“Legacy to Constitution, hit the right flank, all torpedoes, were coming in on the ventral line”
The Legacy commander was in a serious dilemma. The GVG was a powerful piece of technology, if the Kelbrid got hold of it, their lust for conquest would be given free reign over a massive area of space, they would be able to put ships behind blockades instantly without warning, but the Kelbrid had already set up a blockade of their own, and he couldn’t even engage his MVAM, not enough crew, and the automates weren’t ready yet….. they weren’t scheduled to be installed for another 5 Siderials.
“Cons…..we…heavy da…”
And that was the end of the constitution. In the commander’s mind there was only one solution.
It rankled him to his core, but a tactical retreat was necessary.
“All hands, prepare for Slipspace, set vector 22 mark 44 well rendezvous with the Kisthiri attack group and try to retake the gate from there.
Until it is no more....

Offline jmnar4

« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2008, 09:14:56 AM »
(sorry everyone, i've been kinda busy.)

"Back to this hell hole."  Jason muttered to himself.  Scanning the area, he took in position of the cages where the hosts were held while the Yeerk that controlled them was in the Yeerk Pool, and the number of Controllers that stood between the cages and the nearest exit.  "This won't be easy." he told the others, "we have to have a spot to morph without being seen, get to the cages, release the people inside, and then haul our butts to the nearest exit.  And deal with any Controllers that get in our way."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2008, 09:21:11 AM »
"Maybe we should make a distraction. Set fire to one of the storage buildings around here, or something. We need something to get as many controllers away from the cages and the nearest exit, for as long as possible."

Ani-Master 2014!