Animorphs Section > Animorphs Fan Fiction & Art

The Allies

(1/3) > >>

Yarin:
This is a Sliders Animorphs crossover

Note I don’t own the Animorphs or Sliders, they belongs to K.A. Applegate and Tracy Tormé

The Allies
Chapter 1
My name is Quinn, and I’ll tell you more about myself later, because at the moment I was running for my life. “How much time until we slide?” Rembrandt Brown asked. “I don’t know.” I looked down at the Timer. “Five minutes I think,” I said. “Oh you think, well that’s just great Q-Ball. We’re being chased by these stupid Kromaggs and you don’t even know how much time we have left to escape!”
Kromaggs. Beings that looked like they were from HG Wells The Time Machine. They are ugly ape like creatures from a parallel reality just like my friends and I are. The Kromaggs are bent on conquering all human worlds for their Dynasty. The Kromaggs want us dead. We are the one gremlin in their finely tuned machine of destruction. We aren’t defenseless though, we have a weapon and we use it to fight them. We can travel between parallel worlds. It all started after an experiment with an anti-gravity machine went wrong. We got sucked into a wormhole and our dimension’s coordinates were erased, making it almost impossible to return home.
The Kromaggs also have sliding technology thanks to my double on the Kromagg home world. They were a backward species of primitives and he thought that he could help them by letting them see what was beyond their own little dimension. Little did he know of the plague he would unleash on the multiverse. “Mr. Mallory are you with us!” Professor Maximillian Arturo was yelling in my ear. “Uh yeah sorry Professor, I was spacing out for a second.” I said. “Spacing out, come on Quinn activate the Timer and let’s get out of here,” my friend Wade Wells said as she looked behind us at the approaching horde of Kromaggs. I activated the Timer and we slid off to another world, the Kromaggs following close behind.

Yarin:
Chapter 2
WHOOSH “AHHH” THUD!
The vortex opened and we fell out in what looked like the middle of a forest. I quickly got up and made sure everyone was all right. They were. “Any sign of the Kromaggs?” Wade asked. “No, I think they’re already here. We would have seen them come out of the vortex by now.” I said “Well we aren’t going to get anywhere by just standing around” Remmy pointed out. “I for one think we should try to find our way out of this forest while we still have some daylight left,” the Professor remarked. Good idea I thought as we headed off.
We walked for what seemed like hours. It was getting dark and we were tired. Then Wade said what we were all thinking. “I think we should stop here for the night and get some rest. We should probably build a fire, if for nothing else than to keep the wild animals away.” “I’ll go and collect some wood.” I said. “Good thinking my boy I’ll come with you and we’ll get the work done twice as fast.” The Professor said.
It only took us a few minutes until we had our arms full of wood. As we walked back The Professor was telling me about the time he stopped an epidemic on a world where antibiotics had never been invented. Just then I thought I saw something off in the distance, something that looked like a blue centaur with a long tail. Then suddenly it looked up and I could see that it had two stalks on top of its head. I turned to the Professor and told him what I saw, but by the time I pointed out where to look, it had run off. “You should get some rest Quinn. You’re starting to see things.” The Professor said to me. “Yeah okay, let’s head back Wade and Remmy are probably wondering what happened to us.” I said. When we got back to camp and started the fire, I told Remmy and Wade of what I saw. “Are you sure it wasn’t just a deer?” Wade asked, “No, I’m not sure what it was but I know that there’s nothing like it back home.” I said, “Well whatever it was its gone now so just forget about it and try to get some sleep Quinn. I’ll take the first watch.” Remmy said. Okay sure I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

Yarin:
Chapter 3
“Quinn wake up!” Wade said as she shook me out of the dream I was having about the strange blue deer. “We have to keep on moving, if we ever want to find our way out of this forest,” she said to me with a smile. “Right, where are Remmy and Professor Arturo?” I asked. “They’re already ahead of us, but if we hurry we can still catch them.” she said. And with that, she started pulling me in the direction that Remmy and the Professor had taken. It was not long before we met up with our other two traveling companions.
After about another hour of wandering through the forest, we came upon a farmhouse. “Thank god we are out of that blasted forest. Now maybe we could get something to eat.” Professor Arturo said longingly. We walked towards the farmhouse and were passing a barn when suddenly Wade stopped. “I think I hear something,” she said. I turned to listen. “I hear voices, kid’s voices, coming from inside the barn. Sounds like their having an argument. I’ll go in for a closer look,” I said. I walked closer and peered into one of the windows until I could see them. There were five of them and they were yelling about something. I tried to make sense of what I was hearing. After about five minutes, I went back to the others and told them what I had learned.
“Apparently on this earth aliens have arrived and have started a war. There are two groups the Yeerks and the Andalites. From what I overheard from those kids is that the Yeerks are definitely the bad guys. They want to take over this earth.” I said. “That’s awful,” Wade said. “Yes, quite unfortunate. Do you think that these Yeerks know about the other dimensions?” The Professor asked, “No I don’t think so. If they did then why would they waste their time on one little planet?” I said. “Wait there’s more. I know these kids are a part of this and I think that we should help them. The Professor and I will go into town and see if we can find out anything else. Remmy, you and Wade follow the kids and see if they have any more information.” I said.

Yarin:
Chapter 4
While the Professor and I were in town Remmy and Wade were trying to figure out how we should approach those kids. We weren't in a hurry. We still had about a week left if the Timer was working properly. If we came right out to them they might think of us as the enemy. We finally decided that if we were going to tell them that we knew about them, we would have to tell them our secret. When we caught up to them back at the barn they were talking about something and then we walked in. “Hey what are you doing here” one of them shouted. We had caught them off guard. “Wait we just want to talk. We know about the Yeerks and we want to help,” I explained, “It’s a trap Jake don't listen to them,” said a girl with long blonde hair. Jake turned to her as if to say I have it under control. “How do we know you aren't one of them?” he asked. “If I was you'd be dead already.” I shot back at him. “Good point” he said, “Listen, we don’t have a lot of time. My friends and I have to leave in about a week and we want to at least try to stall the Yeerks while we’re here.” I said. “What do you mean while you’re here? Where on Earth can you go where you can escape the Yeerks?” one of the kids, a short Hispanic boy asked, “Quinn I think its time we told our young friends here our little secret,” the Professor he said to me.
“What! That’s not possible.” <Actually Prince Jake I believe it might be. What they are speaking of sound strikingly similar to the Many Worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.> Ax said matter-of-factly. We were still at the barn but now we had explained our story to the Animorphs. They told us about the Hork-Bajir and the Taxxons and the Andalites, and that one of the Animorphs Ax, was in fact an Andalite. And in turn we told them of out ‘adventures’ sliding to different worlds, meeting our doubles. But when we got to the part about the Kromaggs Ax looked up with concern. <Now are you sure that these Kromaggs didn’t follow you through the vortex?> He asked “We’re not sure, they might have, we didn’t see them when we first got here, but chances are that they made it through” I said. “Quinn, I just had a scary thought-- what if the Kromaggs have allied themselves with the Yeerks.” Wade said with concern.
“Well whatever we do I think we should still try to attack the new Yeerk Pool.” Jake said. “We’re coming too. No offence Jake but you guys need us. We know more about the Kromaggs than you and we can help,” I said. “Alright, you guys can come but try not to get yourselves killed.” He said. “Don’t worry about us. We’ve gotten through tougher situations than this before.” Remmy said with a slight sigh. “So when do we attack?” I asked, “Tomorrow, we need to get home and get some rest. Why don’t you guys check into the nearest hotel and meet us back here at around 10:00AM.” Jake said. “By any chance would this hotel happen to be the Chandler?” I asked. “Ah yeah why?” Marco asked. I smiled, the Chandler hotel had been a place of refuge for us on almost every world we went to. The fact that it was here gave me some hope. “No reason.” I said.
The next morning Remmy, Wade and I arrived at Cassie's barn. The Professor had decided to remain at the hotel, preferring to work on repairing the Timer, rather then join us in fighting. The Animorphs were already there. “How are we going to get the Yeerk Pool when we don’t know were it is?” Wade asked. <We know where it is right, so we’ll fly there as birds and give you guy’s directions from the air> Tobias said. “Fine! Let’s go.” I said.
<Take a left Quinn.> Cassie said. I turned left. I looked up at the sky. Although I couldn’t see them I knew the Animorphs were up there watching us. “How much further?” Remmy asked. <About five more minutes.> Jake said. They were right; five minutes later we went through a doorway and walked down a hallway, waiting while the Animorphs demorphed. They were all human save for Ax and Tobias. “How are we going to help you?” I asked. That question had been bothering me ever since we left “Don’t you guys have any weapons?” Rachel asked. “Not much except I managed to swipe a Kromagg hand gun.” I felt around in my pockets “Oh no the gun’s gone. It must have fallen out of my pocket while we were in the woods” I said in disbelief. “Well lucky for you we happen to have a few extra Dracon beams handy.” Marco said. “What’s a Dracon beam?” Remmy asked. <It is a handheld weapon that fires a beam of heat energy which burns the body from within.> Ax explained. “Think Phaser and you’ll get the idea” Marco said. “Ok let’s do this.” I said.

Yarin:
Chapter 5
We arrived what looked like a huge underground cavern. Suddenly Marco and Wade were thrown up against the wall, hanging upside down by an invisible force. “What was that?” I asked. <It was probably a form of telekinesis> Ax said. “Leerans?” Cassie wondered. “No” I said “Kromaggs. They also have a wide variety of psychic abilities.” “Hey could one of you ask Carrie White to get us down from here?” Marco shouted. “Hold on” I called up to them. I turned to the Animorphs “Would one of you like to the honors.” “I'll do it” Rachel said and as I looked on, she turned into an elephant and plucked Wade and Marco off the wall with her trunk. After Rachel had gotten Macro and Wade down Jake Marco and Cassie went and morphed into animals that they would be able to use against the Yeerks and Kromaggs. Ax and Tobias remained in their natural forms. Soon we were in the presence of a tiger a wolf an elephant a gorilla a hawk and an Andalite.
“Be careful, the Kromaggs can produce illusions; they could be anywhere or anything.” I warned. Suddenly <Look out!> Tseeew Tseeew! I turned around just in time to see six Kromaggs materialize from the cavern walls. They were shooting Dracon beams at us. They would have hit us but Tobias spotted them first and warned us. <Everyone attack. Now.> Jake said yelling to be heard over the sound of the Dracon beams.
We fought, it didn’t take long. Rachel raised her foot crushing one instantly. The other four seeing this tried to return to the safety of their illusion but we didn’t let them. I turned around and saw Ax using his tail as a bullwhip, nearly decapitating one of the Kromaggs. Jake then started slashing at a wounded Kromagg and soon he went down. <Is that all of them?> Jake asked. “No the other three got away” I said. “Do you think they were Controllers?” Wade asked. <Don’t know, only one-way to find out> Marco said “Oh you don’t mean-” Wade began <Yep, Ax slice ‘em open and see if you can find a slug> Marco said. Ax did as he was told and soon we were looking at two Kromagg corpses, their heads cut open with almost surgical precision. Both Kromaggs had a Yeerk in their heads. “Okay now that we know the Kromaggs have joined forces with the Yeerks, what do we do about it?” Remmy asked.
<Don’t worry my Andalite friends; you won’t live long enough for that to be a problem.> Said an unknown thoughtspeak voice. We turned around to find a group of Kromagg Controllers being led by none other then Visser Three. <So I see you have met the newest race to fall before the mighty Yeerk Empire.> He exclaimed eyeing the Kromagg bodies lying on the floor. <And it appears that you have sunk so low as to require the help of some local humans.> He said pointing to me and the other Sliders. “What do we do?” Wade asked. “We fight, and we win, or this world and countless others are doomed.” I said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version