Author Topic: Worlds of Imagination. (Still coming up with a title)  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
Worlds of Imagination. (Still coming up with a title)
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
This is a story I've had in my head for a while and decided to finally write it down. Just a warning, this story won't make sense for the first few chapters, it is not supposed to. I did that on purpose.

----------------------
Chapter One

I don't usually dream...
      Dreams usually avoid me...
But lately...
   Lately the dreams have been coming to me, frequently, and unusually vivid.
In then I visit a world...
      A world of fantasy.
   At first I welcomed the dreams..
         However they soon turned into nightmares.
They do not stop when I wake up anymore...
      They ensare me within their fear.
         The most disturbing dream I have is of a skeletal cat following me..
            Everywhere...
      Reality blends with Fantasy...
I can not distinguish the two...
               I think I will snap sooner or later...
      I'm going mad...

------

Drake

When did I get on the bus? I can't remember. When did I walk into school? I can't remember. When did I take my seat in class? I can't remember. When did the teacher begin talking? I can't remember.
   All I remember is... nothing... nothing about today at least. Am I dreaming? Am I even awake? I cannot tell anymore.
   I cannot understand the teacher's words. The waves of sound become muffled within the air by some invisible force. All sound is muted.
   Lightning streaks outside, the sound of thunder rattles my bones. The windows crash open letting in the furry of the storm. Rain drops drive into my skin like bullets. The class is still going on, the teacher's and students see nothing. The room spins. The light fades. A crooked toothed grin floats out of the dark. I feel sick. The mouth laughs. I open my mouth to shot in pain and fear. No sound escaped, the words freeze on my tongue. I'm loosing my balance. I'm falling. Falling... Glass shatters against my skull. My scream erupts from my throat.

"Drake..." The name is barely audible. "Drake...!" Someone sounds panicked. Why? "Drake!" My eyes open. I'm back in class. However... something is wrong. Everything is sideways, and my head hurts...
   "What?" I choke out sitting up and rubbing my head. My hair is warm... and wet... I remove my head and hold it to me face. Blood. I don't feel anything though...
   "Oh no... We're getting you to the nurse." I feel a hand grab my upper arm and pull me to my feet.
   "What happened?" I repeat pulling away from the hand and stand up straight. I'm lightheaded.
   "You feel from your chair and hit your head on the chair," came the voice of the owner of the hand. The hand belonged to Mr. Daene, the mythology teacher. My mythology teacher.
   "I'm fine," I still don't feel pain, I feel the warmth creep lower long my neck.
   "You're bleeding... badly... Rosine, please bring Drake to the nurses office, now..."
   "Of course," a female voice replies, I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Come on Drake.."
   "I can walk myself," I snap pulling away from the hand and stumbling into the hallway. The lights flicker, sinister laughter echoes through the hall. Nausea like a wave sweeps over me. My body moves on its own, doubling over and clutching it's stomach.
   "Drake!" Rosine's voice shouts after me and grips my shoulder's tightly. "You're going to the nurses office. Now." I feel her leading me down the hall, I don't fight back.
   "Sis..." I began to say looking up at my twin. "What is the weather outside like today?"
   "Clear blue skies... why are you asking such strange questions?" Her reply sends a chill down my spine. "you must have a concussion... let's hurry..." She moves slightly quicker bringing me along with her.
   I'm going mad...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:38:12 PM by Damien »
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
Re: Worlds of Imagination. (Still coming up with a title)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
I said I was going to PM you, Damien, but I have only good things to say, so I figured I'd say them for the world to hear!

The story is immediately engaging. I love stories told by unreliable narrators, and this is no exception. I'm always wondering what's real and what isn't. While still keeping an air of mystery, you provide some great grounding of what reality entails for readers through Drake's interaction with those around him -- particularly Rosine. Your vivid descriptions are what I imagine Poe would write after visiting a scary haunted house! I love them, and I can't wait to read more.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:53:39 AM »
ditto on that... want moar!

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Damien

• Natural law is overrated
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »
Wow? Really? I thought it came out like crap. Thanks!

++++++++++++++++

Chapter 2

Everything fades to black.
   I feel nothing.

"Drake!" The words echoes within the nothingness. It sounds hollow, as if it is coming from somewhere far... far away... Who is Drake exactly? What is in a name. Everything? Nothing? "Drake!" There is that annoying word again. I wish it would stop. "Drake!" I'm Drake. I remember now. I must answer that voice. However something is wrong. I'm falling... falling further into my nightmares.

How long can I last?

-------------------------

"Drake..." Rosine murmured weakly. Her twin's breathing was slowing down, as if he was in a deep sleep.
   Beep. Beep. Beep.
   "Don't worry. You're brother will be fine. Actually his level of brain activity is rather high meaning his brain is still working. Surprisingly since he passed out from blood loss. He is rather lucky, he only broke the skin on his head, no damage to the skull itself," came the voice of the man behind Rosine.
   The teen looked up behind her and up at the doctor. "Are you sure? We had to rush him to the emergency room..."
   "I'm sure, he is most likely just dreaming. He may have a concussion however." The man replied glancing at the heart monitor.
   Beep. Beep. Beep.
   "Everything is fine, I'll check back on him later. You should go home and come back tomorrow, I don't think we should move him yet."
   Rosine sighed brushing a strand of her long light golden-blonde hair out of her face. "Alright... sorry to bother you..."
   "It is no bother at all..."

--------------------------

Sickly crimson light illuminate my bedroom. Everything looks rusted. Dead. How can inanimate objects seem dead? How did I get in my room? I sit up from the sheets of my alien bed.  No... this isn't my room. Disappointment floods through my veins.
   "That is right Drake. This is not your bedroom."
   That voice, "Who are you? Where am I?"
   "Who am I?" came the voice. The disembodied crooked grin materialized above my dresser. "You already know who I am. I know you do. I know you love to read... Ever hear of a place called 'Wonderland'?"
   I feel my eyes widen. "You cant be the..."
   "Cheshire Cat?" the grin whispered cutting me off. "Why, yes... yes I am." A feline body appeared around the grin. Something was wrong with the feline body however, beside the fact that the grin appeared way to large for the head. It's body was rather thin.. so thin you could almost clearly see the bones lying beneath the dark gray fur. It was the same cat that I've been seeing everywhere... "As for where you are..." The cat's yellow-gray eyes glinted in the crimson light. "We're in your mind."

++++++++++++++++++++++

Now. Before you think. "Oh crap this is another Alice in Wonderland twist." it isn't, not exactly. I'm mentioning Alice in wonderland because it closely connects to the idea behind the plot of my story, which I haven't reveled yet. More will be explained in the next few chapters... I promise...
That'sssss a very nice possssst you have there... It'd be a sssshame if something happened to it...

If you get the reference above you will get a cookie, an imaginary cookie, but a cookie none-the-less!