Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

K.A's response to the final book criticsm.

<< < (2/75) > >>

morfowt:

--- Quote from: Daphnes on July 04, 2008, 08:45:52 PM ---I could read the first ten, twenty books or so again and again and never see an "ending" like that coming.

--- End quote ---
well, K.A. usually does that. she always tries to make the story end way different than how the reader at first thought it would. so, naturally, reading just the first 20, you will not be able to guess the ending.

--- Quote from: Daphnes on July 04, 2008, 08:45:52 PM ---Realistic war endings are seldom fair, and should not be sought after if anyone can help it.

--- End quote ---
well in animorphs case, I think it would make sense to use unfair endings. I wonder why I think that though.

EscafilDevice:

--- Quote from: morfowt on July 04, 2008, 08:33:27 PM ---why?

--- End quote ---

Except for the fact that she was disorganized at times, the author created one of my favorite book series of all time. It was a science fiction series that was easy to relate to and was simple and complicated at the same time - I don't think someone has to like science fiction to like Animorphs. The books were written on two different levels - I enjoy them just as much now as I did when I first read them. The characters were diverse, well-developed, realistic, and evoked feelings from the reader. It was funny.

Although I am a lot like Rachel - I'd even say that I'm a shorter version of her - I can see myself in each of the characters. I liked every single book but the last one - there was no book that I couldn't or refused to finish.

I read that book seven years ago when I was ten years old. I haven't re-read it since, but it's burned into my brain. I hated how rushed it felt, how one-dimensional Rachel became, how none of the Animorphs but Marco got the future they deserved, and how she introduced a brand new character in the last few pages of the series. Unbelievable.

morfowt:
strangely, I do not feel any of that. what I do feel: animorphs was great. the tv show not so muh. and the ending was left open enough for me to imagine what happened after.

so ramming the blade ship was the future marco deserved...

EscafilDevice:

--- Quote from: morfowt on July 04, 2008, 08:55:25 PM ---strangely, I do not feel any of that. what I do feel: animorphs was great. the tv show not so muh. and the ending was left open enough for me to imagine what happened after.

so ramming the blade ship was the future marco deserved...

--- End quote ---

It was left too open.

Marco had a playboy lifestyle - I figured that would be what he would get. He was lonely and his life was rather shallow, but it wasn't like he was dead, depressed, or dating some random new character. It wasn't exactly good, but it wasn't horrible to the point of me hating it either. The other characters should've gotten the balanced outcome that Marco did - the rest of them were all one-dimensional at the end.

morfowt:
too open and open enough are the same to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version