Author Topic: Animorphs what ifs  (Read 9888 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
Re: Animorphs what ifs
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
     1) We'd have slower Garatrons, basically. We'd also see a decrease in useless killings on behalf of Visser Three where his subordinates are concerned. And Ax would probably be morphing more often. Another possibility is that the Andalites would have to find a new way to defend themselves, and it may effect their evolution.

2) The kids would probably still break into the zoo to acquire morphs, but Cassie would be fussing about it often. Maybe Tobias wouldn't have gotten trapped as a hawk, because the red tail was at the barn at the time of the Invasion. And they'd have less knowledge about the animals they morphed--assuming that her parents weren't vets.

3) We'd probably have more personal growth for Melissa, and possibly a new Animorph--if not another Chapman-Controller.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline MoppingBear

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 11:02:41 AM »

1: I repeat my question. What would have happened if the Council of Thirteen tried to take Visser Three's body by force?
I think he would do it. Egotistical and maniacal as Visser Three is he understands power dynamics. If he were absolutely given no choice, then he would do it. Just as he left Alloran in #54 when he was absolutely beaten. Given the choice between Kandrona starvation and giving Alloran to the Council? He would cave. And then he'd find a way to blame Visser One for it.

I maintain, due to some minor KASU's and the huge difference in personality between main series Visser 3 and Andalite Chronicles Visser 3, that Visser 3 was eating small amounts of oatmeal and as such no longer needed Kandrona Rays.

NateSean

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
What if Cassie didn't live on a farm/have access to so many animals?

More visits to petshops and to the local vet. As a group I think the Animorphs would have figured something out. With the Gardens right there, I think the initial morphing trip would have been similar to Rachel's visit to the zoo in book seven. Heck, for that matter, Rachel might have gone right ahead with a grizzly bear instead of starting off with an Elephant for a battle morph.

3) We'd probably have more personal growth for Melissa, and possibly a new Animorph--if not another Chapman-Controller.

For my money, I think Melissa would wind up a controller long before she became an Animorph.

One of Jake's concerns was what would happen to Tom if the Yeerks associated the attacks from the "Andalite bandits" with Tom's Yeerk in any way, shape, or form. If Rachel basically blew Chapman as their one major lead on what the Yeerks were doing. (Sorry, I love Rachel, but it's true. Chapman was a bird in the hand and it was a lesson to Rachel in allowing your feelings to get in the way of doing the job.)

If Melissa appeared to the Yeerks to be any kind of focus for the animorphs, Visser Three would have given Iniss 226 the proverbial finger and infested her in three Andalite heartbeats.

I think backing off from Chapman was the best thing Rachel could have done for Melissa.

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2011, 04:07:22 AM »
((before i post my wat if, i feel dumb because i used to no everything about animorphs but cant seem to remember any 'mellisa pop up in my memory banks, who was she?))

What if Ax somehow turned out to be a secret andalite-host?
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

NateSean

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
Melissa is the only child of Principal Chapman and his wife. The parents became voluntary controllers to keep Melissa from being infested and she is a former best friend of Rachel. They play her character up a bit in the TV series but other then that, Melissa only gets two mentions after book 2.

Once in Megamorphs Three, where it is implied that if Rachel had not become an Animorph Melissa would have. (Hence the fanfictions involving Melissa as an Animorph. Though with KA Applegate's tenancy to cater to the readers, I sort of wonder if there were any fanfictions prior to MM3 that included her as an Animorph.)

The second instance is when Marco trashes Chapman's house with a tank and mentions to Rachel that Fluffer Mckitty (the cat Rachel orginally morphed to get into Chapman's house) was not harmed.

As for Ax being a Yeerk host, the Animoprhs would have been handed over to Visser Three in a heart beat. Or to whatever Visser Ax was working for.

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »
Well what i meant about that was if ax was like sent to the team to sabotage them. Like a secret agent or watever
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

NateSean

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
Not the Yeerks style. Maybe on the Andalite homeworld where any victory would be very ambiguous, but Earth if fate handed the Yeerks five morph capable hosts on a silver platter they wouldn't waste time "Sabotaging" them.

This is proven when the Yeerks finally get a hold of the morphing technology and start giving it to every controller and his uncle.  (minus the Taxxons and possibly minus the Hork-Bajir, not sure on that.)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
     Was the morphing cube given to everyone? I thought it was just a bunch of Yeerks who could be trusted. If it was given to everyone I could imagine how Visser Three must have felt. His massive ego must have deflated to the size of a helmacron after Cassie gave Tom the cube. Now he isn't such a special Yeerk.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

NateSean

« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
The Animorphs were getting ambushed on sight by morph capable human hosts. So it may not have been given to every controller, but it was certainly given to enough of them to make things very hard on them.

Offline Nero's Fury

• Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2011, 11:29:18 PM »
What if instead of the entire team meeting elfangor, what if only Marco Jake and Tobias met him?

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
They would've still learned Tom was a Controller, tried to free him (reluctantly in Marco's case) and tried to acquire battle morphs somehow (maybe Jake asked Cassie if he could pet some dangerous animals at the zoo, though without the guards chasing them I wonder how he would get the tiger morph, if at all). Once in the Yeerk pool, either the Animorphs are captured by Yeerk security when the two men spot them, or they do morph but don't have enough firepower and get captured or killed. Either way, Earth is screwed.

My what if: What if Visser Three had succeeded in making Controllers of the presidents and prime ministers of Russia, France, Britain, Japan, Germany, and the U.S.?

NateSean

« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
My what if: What if Visser Three had succeeded in making Controllers of the presidents and prime ministers of Russia, France, Britain, Japan, Germany, and the U.S.?

The five superpowers of the UN Security council alone would basically put the planet in the bag and seal it up.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »
     What if the Animorphs never met Elfangor, but David still found the box?
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »

An Andalite still would have to be there to touch it for him to get morphing power, so nothing would happen in terms of HIM getting the ability, but like in canon he might want to sell it, especially with all of the runes around it, and the Yeerks would IMMEDIATELY learn what it was, take it from him, infest his entire family, have one more Yeerk in government, and a blue box to further undermine Earth and advance their invasion. In other words: Earth would be doomed! ;)

What if David hadn't gone traitor?

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:54 PM »
     That's probably the most curious question of all. We'd have to consider every single mission that the Animorphs would have embarked and how David being there would effect the outcome. Like, what if he screwed up on a particular mission? Would the Iskoort still live? Would the Hork-Bajir valley be exposed? Would the mission to prove the AMR didn't work fail? There are fifty-four books. David joined at the book 20 mark. So that leaves 34 missions.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)