Author Topic: Animorphs what ifs  (Read 9883 times)

Offline FATELUVR95

Re: Animorphs what ifs
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »
I have one myself that I might just throw out here. Partially based on the facts that everyone in my family looked down on me for 'reading kids books' as I was a mid to late teen. Spend enough time reading characters in a series, you get emotionally invested. You're not just going to stop because you're a year older... That and, for 'kids books,' some really intense stuff happened through out this series! Some things were just brutal, and hard for me to read and imagine happening at such a young age. I was always raised to believe that the kids were the safe ones in scary situations...  As an adult looking back, now I understand why Marco was always so reluctant to participate, and why he nagged so much about this "not really being a job for kids."

Amen to that

I've also thought about what books would be like from a different perspective.

I've also gone through the same thing with the "kid's books" scenario. My 6th grade lit. teacher basically banned me from reading Animorps because, "I was in the advanced class." That made me sooooooo mad.

:jake: random thought, what if my computer froze for 2 hours while they were in morph????  :o

Offline xmynameistobias

• "Be happy for me, and for all who fly free."
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2011, 12:59:08 PM »
Yeah!! I think it'd be interesting!

Like my friend and I were always into Ani books, and of course being single-digit ages back then Lol we'd read the books and think "oh yeah, if this were us, we could so do that." ... But, now as an adult looking back at everything those characters went through.. It's like, wow. I doubt I'd be able to harvest that courage where I am today, but to know these characters did so when they were just youngins.. It's scary sometimes. That's why I think it'd be cool to do like an alternate take on it, show them as young adults dealing with these issues. It's tough stuff!

And yes, ugh, I'm willing to bet most everyone here got the typical "those books are for kids" lecture at one point or another in life. But like a previous poster said, people are always getting hurt, nearly dying, dismembering and bringing it upon themselves to keep fighting.. I think it really could work as an adult series all on it's own!!
"Be happy for me, and for all who fly free."

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
I think that was basically the premise behind the rewrite I was going to do.

Post Merged: January 05, 2011, 01:54:13 PM
Here it is. I found out that since I last checked the thread someone attacked my idea and whether or not they will ever read it. For anyone who thinks that my idea for a rewrite meant that I didn't like how the original was written I'd like to point out that I consider myself an author and fully understand the thought that goes into any book or series. I simply think it would be interesting to address issues that never came up in the original. Just to give a couple examples:

What if the yeerks forcibly injected hosts with Heroin?
What if the Animorphs had access to today's internet?
What if Marco and Rachel were regular marijuana users?
What if someone noticed that Jake suddenly decided to quit Basketball?
What if they had cars and cell phones?
What would they post to their facebook/twitter accounts?
These and countless other questions that have occurred to me over the years and the whole idea was to figure these things out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:54:13 PM by Jax is Bax(What?) »

Offline xmynameistobias

• "Be happy for me, and for all who fly free."
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Nice!! Yeah, though as a kid myself I loved reading the series back when, but now as an adult, I really have to wonder what someone round my age would be doing if they stumbled into this exact same mission, how would we handle it? It'd be interesting!!
"Be happy for me, and for all who fly free."

NateSean

« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
What if the yeerks forcibly injected hosts with Heroin?
What if the Animorphs had access to today's internet?
What if Marco and Rachel were regular marijuana users?
What if someone noticed that Jake suddenly decided to quit Basketball?
What if they had cars and cell phones?
What would they post to their facebook/twitter accounts?

1: Temporary solution and the body would become useless quicker. It's in the Yeerk's best interests to keep the body as healthy as possible. No telling what heroin would do to a Hork-Bajir or other host-body.

2: Everything Marco said about phonelines.

3: I don't see it happening.

4: They did. Two non-descript characters mentioned it. But kids change interests all the time and Jake is generally a decent kid with a stable family life, so dropping basketball didn't send up any red flags to anyone.

5: Assuming they were old enough to drive, a car would be a registered vehicle that the Yeerks could ID in a heartbeat. Cellphones: See My answer to Number 2.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 09:37:01 PM »
     What if Marco quit the Animorphs in book five?
     What if Cassie couldn't remorph after the events in book nineteen?
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:08 AM »
Depending on the time of year Cassie would either live 2-6 weeks or up to 8 months.
Sorry, morbid.

What if it was rainbow sprinkles instead of oatmeal in book 14.

Offline t0bias

• vote for toby '09
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2011, 05:11:38 AM »
thenit would get easier to spot a controller when they so hastily refused rainbow sprinkles on their icecream... yum!
never give up, never surrender,

NateSean

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:03 AM »
What if it was rainbow sprinkles instead of oatmeal in book 14.

The oatmeal thing was 17. But for that matter I'm surprised that oatmeal was the only weakness to the Yeerks on a planet full of possibilities.

If the Council of Thirteen had demanded Visser Three's Andalite body, would V3 have the gonads to resist? He seemed pretty cowed by them during the events of Visser.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »
     What if Tobia was never trapped?
     What if they decided to kill David instead.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline FATELUVR95

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »
     What if Tobias was never trapped?
     What if they decided to kill David instead.

#1 He would've never been able to keep a watch out and he might of been shipped to another relative's house
#2 The Return wouldn't of happened

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »
     What if Tom escaped on the Animorph's first raid on the Yeerk Pool?
     What if the Animorphs lost the battle for the Pemalite Crystal?
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

NateSean

« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2011, 09:32:03 AM »
1: Tom wasn't all that important as a host at the time. Temrash would have been given another host and risen through the ranks as before. And Tom would either have been killed on sight, or he would have begun trying to form a human resistance against the Yeerks.

2: We know Marco would have been dead at least. The Pemalite crystal would have likely lead the Yeerks to the ship sooner and the Chee would no doubt become involuntary soldiers of the Yeerk Empire, more powerful than any host body. The Andalite homeworld would invariably be screwed.

1: I repeat my question. What would have happened if the Council of Thirteen tried to take Visser Three's body by force?

2: If Cassie and Tobias never recieved Ax's mirror wave call, we know Ax would have gotten out of the dome ship himself. How different would his character development be if the Animorphs hadn't come to rescue him?

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
      1) I really don't know. Maybe they'd succeed, since there are thirteen of them.

2) Ax probably would have tried to take over the resistance and felt need to be loyal to Jake.

Post Merged: January 13, 2011, 04:39:28 PM
     And what if Elfangor decided to flush the Yeerks in the Andalite chronicles?

I always found that odd. I mean, based on how muchn the Andalites hate the Yeerks and vice versa, you'd think anyone would jump at the chance to flush a pool full of Yeerks into deep space.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:39:28 PM by TobiasMasonPark »
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
No one should ever jump at the opportunity to perform mass murder. :P

If Ax did murder the Yeerks it's likely that Esplin 9466 would have never infested Alloran and remained in Chapman for awhile. Or, he may have still succeeded, but in a much more offensive sort of way, maybe even infesting Elfangor instead.

1: I repeat my question. What would have happened if the Council of Thirteen tried to take Visser Three's body by force?
I think he would do it. Egotistical and maniacal as Visser Three is he understands power dynamics. If he were absolutely given no choice, then he would do it. Just as he left Alloran in #54 when he was absolutely beaten. Given the choice between Kandrona starvation and giving Alloran to the Council? He would cave. And then he'd find a way to blame Visser One for it.

What if the Andalites did not have tail blades?
What if Cassie didn't live on a farm/have access to so many animals?
What if Rachel had done more to try and save Melissa?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013