Author Topic: Animorphs tattoos  (Read 4483 times)

Alic

Animorphs tattoos
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:51:03 PM »
So. Animorphs has been apart of my life for about half my life, as it has been for many of you. I love tattoos. I have been thinking for awhile now about getting an Animorphs tattoo. Well I have a few ideas and my Tattoo guy usually helps with the creativity. However, he won't be as much help coming up with ideas for this because he doesn't know anything about Animorphs. I'm really liking the hork on HBC and want something similar. Then I got thinking I could move this to my upper back and do an entire scene. In space. It would be epic.

Ideas? Pictures? Sketch me something or find me something you think would rock. I want to start planning this and make an appointment because Kyle is usually booked a month or two out. Thanks guys!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Animorphs tattoos
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »
I always wanted an Animorphs tattoo. Something small and simple. The word <Hope...>, Elfangor's dying words. I think it represents the series beautifully.

If you want an entire scene I like the idea of a scene from the Hork-Bajir Chronicles, one of the battles with Hork-Bajir dropping from trees and fighting the Yeerks.

Or if you want a Space Battle I would definitely incorporate the Blade Ship somehow. Perhaps Elfangor's last battle, with the Dome crashing towards Earth as a space battle rages.

idk, I like far more simplistic things. I think that less is more as far as meaning goes, but if you want something elaborate, those are my ideas. If you want something simple I would just get a character, like an Andalite or a Hork-Bajir (you could always get a tattoo of Aliciana in battle stance or mid-morph or something :D ).

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Alic

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
i just have to find someone to draw it up for me lol. hmm.  yeah im not the best artist.
i like your ideas though! i'll have to look online and see if there's anything that catches my eye i can work with too.

i always liked this form hbc.. and someone did it really well.

http://naraku301.deviantart.com/art/Hork-Bajir-Chronicles-done-29531213

ive been considering that one for awhile.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:46:52 PM by Aliciania »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
That's one of my favorite images from the series. I think it would look awesome in tattoo form.

Alic

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 04:32:11 PM »
all purdy and colored... i would get that on my leg though if its just that. doesnt seem a right fit on my back...

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
How many tattoos do you have now, Alic? You need to do a full photo portfolio of them all! :P

Alic

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 04:36:43 PM »
lol probably. i have 5 right now. got my first one at 18. i will never stop...

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »
I love this picture too.
I thought... maybe you can incorporate a Blue Cube in your tattoo. For example 2 characters from 2 races, one holding a Blue Cube and the other one who gonna touch it. Or something like that. It would be a new picture, original, not took directly from a cover.
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Cloudbreaker

• My activity may be at/near 0% but I'm still here.
    • Animorphs: The Revival
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 08:51:40 PM »
I could try drawing a design for you if you would like.  Just tell me what you want.  Here is a sample of some Animorphs art I have done for reference.  (It even has part of a hork-bajir and a space battle. ;) )

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 12:54:05 AM »
How much do tattoos hurt, Alic?

I'm getting an RAF/Animorphs tattoo. As soon as I have the money. My brother in law knows some artists :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:55:40 AM by SuperClaire »
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Alic

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 01:59:56 AM »
I can't see the picture cause I'm on my phonebut ill check tomorrow!

It depends where you get em. All 5 I have are above the waist on my shoulders, forearm, chest, and upper back. The one on m spine wasn't great. And my chest was okay until he was tattooing on my sternum. I was not a happy girl. Used loa of profanity.
But its a few hours of pain, and then a week of ax sunburn feel, then nothin! To me its worth it

Offline KleenexCow

• Hop the Next Bus and Run for the Border
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 12:28:28 PM »
Oh, man, I totally agree. I'm tattooed, too, and the pain is worth it. I dislike that awkward peel-y stage the most because I kills me not to pick at it, but you think about it--it's a week/two of discomfort but then it's just a totally awesome part of your skin forever. My biggest problem is that my current job isn't 100% thrilled with the fact that I have a tattoo, but I had it when they hired me, so that's their problem. It's not visible most of the time when I'm in uniform but sometimes I have to wear a dress and you can see it then, so I have to come up with creative solutions to make it less visible.

An Animorphs tattoo is neat. I don't know if I would ever get one, but it wouldn't be out of the question, since it's the interest that I've had the longest. If you get a big battle scene on your back you should totally take a picture because I imagine that it would be AWESOME.
"Everyone has to die, it's true. But first we get to live." --"El Paso," Jason Anderson
------
Animorph51 in Cassie's Barn @AOLchat in the late 90's
Mad Cow at Fanfiction.net
KleenexCow at Livejournal.com

Alic

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:11 PM »
Pictures are a must no worries. I never leave my fellow rafians out of the loop.
I'm lucky my job doesn't care about tattoos. I'm up for a supe position (interview is tonight actually) and my supe is sleeved out thanks to her dad being a tattoo artist.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »
It's so hard to decide for the tattoo... I mean, it was easy for my first tattoo, I wanted a dragon, took a dragon, and I love it. But now I want a snake and people say "A snake, after a dragon... so usual! everybody do snake and dragon..." But I don't really know how to make it original (except that I want a coral snake). At least, an Animorphs tattoo will always be original ^^ You also can make a tattoo of a person who is morphing, for example Cassie becoming a bird of prey, a little like this one: http://dameg.deviantart.com/art/Animorphs-C-series-Tobias-126670173 or this http://dameg.deviantart.com/art/Animorphs-C-series-Cassie-2-128952730 for a wolf (sorry for the horrible pictures, I should color them...)... but you can imagine for every animal. (I try to give ideas to the RAFians who would like an Animorphs tattoo... maybe in exchange they'll give me ideas for my snake ^^')
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
Jess and I are getting our Animorphs tattoos on our road trip this summer.

*nudge* right Jess?

Alic, I think that a wrap-around of the Hork-Bajir/Aldrea scene on your leg would be epic, or a spread of a whole war scene. Hmm...now I'm getting drawing ideas. :D

Here's a picture of Dak I drew awhile back: http://terenia.deviantart.com/art/Dak-Hamee-84231993 I imagine something like that, or Aldrea's face would look cool on a leg or arm or something.

EDIT: Also, idk who did this picture, but I love it: http://th06.deviantart.net/fs6/300W/i/2005/113/c/d/Animorphs__Hork_Bajir_Pair_by_Ferahgo_the_Assassin.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:09:17 PM by Terenia [Teach] »