Author Topic: Things you can't see/hear/etc. without thinking of Animorphs  (Read 7153 times)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
Re: Things you can't see/hear/etc. without thinking of Animorphs
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »
XD Haha, that is AWESOME. I can totally see that sort of thing happening to me. :D

Offline izzlefizz

« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2010, 10:09:02 PM »
Ok so I totally know I'm late in this, but dolphins. I just keep remembering when they were in the ocean and Cassie had to morph back into human from a dolphin and almost drowned.

AND of course slugs.

Post Merged: June 29, 2010, 10:10:19 PM
Not to mention, of course, speedos and bicycle shorts. AND Marco's mullet (mainly on the book covers  :P )

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »
Nice ones. Absolutely. XD

And welcome to RAF!!! You should post an introduction thread when you get around to it!

(Edited in accordance with Steph's post. Thank you, dear! :))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:53:58 AM by KitsuneMarie »
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2010, 05:54:11 AM »
Flies... I can't see flies without thinking about Jake. For me, every fly is Jake... but I also don't specially like flies, and as there are many around in summer, I wanna kill them... but then I think about Jake and I can't kill them... >_< I really have a problem...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »
Marie, don't you mean he should make an intro thread? :P

Marco's hair wasn't really a mullet... it was just long. XD

Hyde, one post wasn't what I meant! :P

Offline Intrepid

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2010, 08:30:51 PM »
A couple months ago I got a couple Mormon missionaries come by my house. One's last name was -- no lie -- Esplin.

I hid the giggles until they left. Imagine Visser 3 posing as an LDS missionary!  :rofl2:

An assortment of other things that remind me of Animorphs: Mm-bop (hadn't heard of the song til animorphs, lol -- but then, I read them in the early 00's) the words "candlelight" -- I read once a list of things to do to mess with your Animorph-fan friends and one of them was to get all freaked out if you heard them say "candle light", as if they had said "Andalite". For that matter, the phrase "and a light" gets me too.

Cinnabon, the mall, red-tailed hawks, baby skunks (my favorite book ends with [spoiler]Ax telling the Visser the best way to get rid of skunk smell -- since Cassie in skunk morph sprayed him. Repeatedly. From very close range. -- is by bathing in grape juice. And Tobias reported that the Visser "is now a very lovely shade of purple. :rofl2:[/spoiler], people from Canada (Ax: I am from Canada. I am Canadese.) the word "morph" in any sense, the prefix "ani" -- animagus, for instance. totally a rip-off of animorphs, i tell ya! -- The Young and The Restless (Marco: Ax, why aren't you wearing a shirt? Ax: The people on The Young and the Restless do not wear shirts. I am young. And I am often restless.) Nine Inch Nails (I remember the scene where Marco's trying to get Cassie to buy an NIN CD for him or something like that. He'd told his dad that NIN stood for "Nice Is Neat" -- can anyone find the exact reference for me?) I could probably name off dozens more, I seem to be reminded of Animorphs by very odd random things at the most random of moments!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »
...How did you do that? You just became my new favorite person with one post. XD

But yeah. I'm now of the opinion that just about everything reminds me of Animorphs, including, but not limited to, the entire English language.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:02 PM »
The NIN moment is in a Rachel book: #12, The Reaction.

"My mom's going to give a little presentation on endangered species," Cassie said as we sauntered along with the rest of our class. "A presentation. To us.... She thinks she has to be entertaining.... It's dangerous when Mom tries to be entertaining. See, she'll think she has to be cool and all. She'll start talking about 'The Fudgies' or 'Snoopy Diggity Dog,' or 'Boys Eleven Men,' or 'Nice is Neat.'"

I laughed out loud, practically spraying Mountain Dew from my nose. "Okay. The Fugees, Snoop Doggy Dogg and Boyz II Men I get. But what's Nice is Neat?"

Cassie looked guilty. "NIN. You know, Nine Inch Nails? I wanted to get the new CD but I was broke, so I told my mom NIN stood for Nice Is Neat."

I grabbed Cassie's arm and turned her around. "No way. You? That sounds like something Marco would have thought up."

Cassie quickly looked down at the ground. Then she started laughing. "Okay, it was Marco's idea. He said, 'What parent can possibly resist a rock group named Nice Is Neat?'"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Enki

• Gold Donor
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »
Oddly enough, that show Wipeout. Every time I see it, I can't help but think Ax would get a kick out of it.
RAF's unofficial thread killer.

Offline Kotetsu1442

« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
A couple months ago I got a couple Mormon missionaries come by my house. One's last name was -- no lie -- Esplin.

I hid the giggles until they left. Imagine Visser 3 posing as an LDS missionary!  :rofl2:
That's pretty... OK totally hilarious.

Mm-bop (hadn't heard of the song til animorphs, lol -- but then, I read them in the early 00's)
God must have truly blessed you for you to make it through the 90s without hearing that song  :).
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline Intrepid

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2010, 05:30:02 PM »
I was pretty much addicted to classic rock, country, and oldies during that time -- not exactly stations that would have grabbed up a song like that. :P Not blessed, just... weird :P

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »
Any insects ever. I found a beetle in the shower yesterday and felt it necessary to chastise it b/c I was sure it was Marco in morph being a perv.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline 11:11

• I always catch the clock, it's 11:11...
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »
I saw this on my homepage today and thought of Rachel. I posted this on LJ too so sorry if this is redundant for some of you.

(sorry won't let me embed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjGT15SDcyg
And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2010, 06:08:17 AM »
I saw this on my homepage today and thought of Rachel. I posted this on LJ too so sorry if this is redundant for some of you.

(sorry won't let me embed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjGT15SDcyg
A small scar... she isn't Claire... And Rachel would have morphed and the scar would have disappear... Who is this girl, then?
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Kotetsu1442

« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »
... And Rachel would have morphed and the scar would have disappear...
Not necessarily... I mean, by all reasonable means within the functioning of the morphing technology as we know it scars should be removed by morphing; yet in #7, The Stranger Cassie points out a scar on her hand. Up to this point in the series that was entirely possible, we knew that morph-bodies were reconstructed from scratch each morph and were healed, but it was still possible that their original bodies were only 'stored away' somehow and not remade/healed because they were never quite specific about injuries to their natural bodies. Then right after this in MM#1 Rachel explicitly says that scratches on her feet were healed from morphing. So you could say that morphing would in general heal scars and the scar Cassie points out was a tiny KASU hidden in a minor reference... then she had to go and throw Sofor with the gigantic scars across his face into our face.
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.