Author Topic: ANIMORPHS MOVIE POSTER  (Read 10662 times)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
Re: ANIMORPHS MOVIE POSTER
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 07:02:22 PM »
adam's is just obviously photoshoped. the cropped images of all 6 Animorphs don't fit in with the background

Photoshop is how ALL professional movie posters have been made for at least the last 5 years Blue. It's a piece of professional software, and the price point drives this fact home.

And for the record the fact that I thought it was fake was founded in the release date, not the work involved. The poster itself is very good quality and could easily be mistaken for professional.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »
The poster is pretty neat. I have mixed feelings on whether I wish it were real.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 08:14:04 PM »
I thought it was a very nice poster, and I comend you on the work you put into it, Ellemist.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
The reasons why I saw it as fake quickly were the fact that a far, yet specific date was given, as goom had said, the way the copyright was done, the scale felt a bit... off, and most importantly, I had used the background you chose as a wallpaper for about six months. I only recently changed it, and I assumed a paid person would probably use original photography.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 12:48:52 AM »
The reasons why I saw it as fake quickly were the fact that a far, yet specific date was given, as goom had said, the way the copyright was done, the scale felt a bit... off, and most importantly, I had used the background you chose as a wallpaper for about six months. I only recently changed it, and I assumed a paid person would probably use original photography.

Haha, ya, I got most of the animals from places like National Geographic and stuff. Hey, if I could have went out and took a picture of a bear standing on its hind legs and roaring, I would have! But frankly, i've not been given that opportunity yet (which i think i'm thankful for... lol)

I really don't get how you people separate professional work from average work here...

The secret is:

[spoiler]they can't![/spoiler]

The real difference between professional work and amateur is that someone pays for professional.  This has only a minor impact on quality: hopefully people won't pay for complete crap.  If something's good it can be either professional or amateur--and it's worth noting that several of my favorite books, most of my favorite albums, and almost all of my favorite translations are amateur work.

adam's is just obviously photoshoped. the cropped images of all 6 Animorphs don't fit in with the background

So?  Pros use Photoshop, too.  It's kinda an industry standard, if you haven't noticed.  That's like complaining about CD because it "obviously was studio-recorded."   ::)

For what it's worth, Adam's work is every bit as nice as the Avatar one.

Thank you Weathel!!

I thought it was a very nice poster, and I comend you on the work you put into it, Ellemist.

Thank you as well, Chad!

And just to be clear, I did those things (like make the date specific) to make you guys feel it was fake (i'm not THAT evil to let you guys have freak attacks and parties for a phoney! ;D ).

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »

That's not necessarily true, a lot of times they'll use stock photos a lot, especially for backrounds and military vehicles. Though they're generally from a library the studio pays to use.

Offline ninaTHEninja

• lalalalalalalalala <3
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • "Shoot for the Moon"
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2009, 10:43:57 PM »
I thought this poster looked pretty real! it could definitely stand up to some of the movie posters made.. it looks really professional
Good job Adam!

IRL Dating Adam
Jess's RAFlove :)
Follow Me on Twitter: oxnina

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »
I think what made it look not real to me was the silhouettes being completely flat with no detail, as opposed to this poster.

Don't get me wrong though, it still looks awesome and very professional.  Nice work  :D

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2009, 12:12:10 AM »
Very well done!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

esplin

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
(This should be in fanfiction)

esplin

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
Thanks! Id edit my post but im mobile :]

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »
Updated image (lets see if this is less "deviantart-like"):

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »
Yeah, that one looks much better.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2009, 10:16:51 PM »
much. definitely.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2009, 10:24:05 PM »
The tiger still looks like a lioness though.  :-\
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress