Author Topic: The posting rank God.  (Read 9270 times)

esplin

Re: The posting rank God.
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »
Yeah it just looks weird lower case.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
That brings me to my other note: If we change it, will members such as Estelore be required to have their ranking changed back as well (since it would no longer offend them)? I would think this would be a good Idea so that people don't start asking for theirs to be changed.

no.
if we changed 'God' to 'Elite', then all the members with 'God' as their rank would take on the new one.

estel could stay as a star. :P

esplin

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »
That brings me to my other note: If we change it, will members such as Estelore be required to have their ranking changed back as well (since it would no longer offend them)? I would think this would be a good Idea so that people don't start asking for theirs to be changed.

no.
if we changed 'God' to 'Elite', then all the members with 'God' as their rank would take on the new one.

estel could stay as a star. :P

goom knows whats up. XD

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »
i think the fact that ONE person let alone the 9 who have voiced their opinions think that the god position should be changed is enough.

If it personally offends people it should not be kept, this may be Richard's Animorphs Forum, but its for all of us
Indeed. But If one out of 1400+ had a problem with the new rank, then we should change it again?

How about the one person that doesn't like the background color; change it then?

I prefer to look at the issue holistically, on a more democratic level. Currently 60% of those voted do not have a problem with it. That's a majority. One person isn't a majority... Neither is 9 (in this case).

While I have no problem with changing the rank (to Elite), I have to be shown that it (God) is broken.

I understand your point here, Rich. However, the background colour - as far as I know - doesn't offend anyone on a religious level. And that's the big thing here, really. While many may dislike things like background colour, and other trivial things, but, those are not RELIGIOUS issues. The post-rank "God" is a religious term, and therefore if it offends anyone on a RELIGIOUS level, it should be changed. I agree completely with Shanker on this issue.

Now, as far as changing all the ranks go, I really like Goom's structure, and DN's.

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
Harry Potter also offends many religious people. Should we also delete all posts that deal with Harry Potter?

esplin

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2009, 08:26:44 PM »
Maybe you worship the color blue, and seeing anything pose as your god is blasphemous to you. XD

Hell, animorphs too.  I've seen anti animorphs articles based on the christian religion.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
I aspire to become a real god one day.

Becoming one on RAF is the first step.  ;D

What does it mean to be free?

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
What if someone particularly likes the position "God" and once its changed to Elite, or whatever, wants it back? Say Richard gives them the title "God." Would someone else see that as offensive and ask for it to be changed? I personally don't know. But would the admins even allow that? Hmmm...  :D

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2009, 09:23:06 PM »
people (that have mentioned it, at least) are finding it more offensive that their OWN rank is God.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2009, 09:26:34 PM »
people (that have mentioned it, at least) are finding it more offensive that their OWN rank is God.

Well then why upset the whole forum, when those specific people can get their own ranks changed and end it there? Geez.

esplin

« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »
Yeah its never been an issued that other people are ranked God, as far as I know.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2009, 09:31:02 PM »
how about this:

a. create a rank called 'Elite' with the same powers as a 'God'
b. at any given point, a member with the 'God' rank may request a change to 'Elite' (via pm to staff) or visa versa

this way we can do away with other rank requests. (too many ranks can be confusing for newer members)
any members with a custom rank already may keep it. ('Star' ;))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:32:34 PM by goom »

esplin

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
Awesome Idea, thats the end of it for me.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »
how about this:

a. create a rank called 'Elite' with the same powers as a 'God'
b. at any given point, a member with the 'God' rank may request a change to 'Elite' (via pm to staff) or visa versa

this way we can do away with other rank requests. (too many ranks can be confusing for newer members)
any members with a custom rank already may keep it. ('Star' ;))

So this is it? No more complaints? I hope so. This should meet everyone's needs. Rich should make a tweet, and a new blog post should be made, so that everyone can know (maybe a whole update on what the rankings are and the abilities/permissions). I could do it if you wish! lol

esplin

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2009, 09:38:24 PM »
Kaaaay. Do it.