Author Topic: Aging and Animorphs!  (Read 2499 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Aging and Animorphs!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »
Keeping this short as I know how
So, a quick question from a curious cat. The original Animorphs fan base is older now (mid-late teens/ early twenties) do you still read the animorphs even though they were intended for a bit of a younger audience?

Yes
If so, do you get a little embarrassed when someone comments?
I was more embrassed about it when I was younger (14-17 maybe) Now, you know what, most peoples don't care, and to those who do, oh well it makes me happy so now I laugh and try to give them a series synopsis before being shut up

Does anyone else feel like they'll still be reading the books in their thirty's?
Assuming I live that long, I guarantee it.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Dancinggal

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 06:59:41 PM »
I'm a 24 year old female, and haven't really been given a hard time by anyone for reading these books still. I had to recollect them in my late teens (after having sold most of them) and bookstore owners were giving me weird looks, but it never fazed me. I have two friends who still see great value in the series, and we sometimes still discuss the books! If I'm reading them on the train, I do get people looking at me like I'm weird, because I'm this grown up person in a suit reading these 'kids' books. Several guys have actually started up conversations with me over them. So generally, a good response. If someone can't understand that children's books can contain mature and interesting themes, they don't understand much about what literature can achieve.

Offline Hewlett Aldershot III

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 09:53:30 PM »
The girlfriend gives me flak sometimes, but all in all, no embarrassment on my part.
To be fair, it helps that my roommate is also into animorphs, so whenever we shoot ideas off of eachother and everyone rolls their eyes, neither of us care.

Offline medomai

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 03:30:36 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes, all. I'm really not bothered by my friend, like I said. She's not into sci-fi anyway as a rule, and we are pretty darn sarcastic all the time. The next day, I mentioned that I'd found ebooks of the entire series and she's like, 'why do you text me updates on things like this' and 'I don't think we can be friends anymore' and all that, and I joked back. It's all good. No real embarrassment. I don't know, maybe it's the university environment, but no one really cares.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »
I only have 4 hard copies of books, so I can't really read them abroad. A friend did see the E-Books on my computer, and it sort of brought up a sort of nostalgic conversation (he had read most of them years ago).

What does it mean to be free?