Author Topic: Could they have made Estrid a new Animorph?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline anijen21

Re: Could they have made Estrid a new Animorph?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 10:38:21 AM »
this was really just a case of "status quo is god" for all those tvtropes fans out there. Yes, Estrid could have made a nice addition to the team. So could Aftran, Mertil, Gafinilan (for as long as he lived), EVEN TOBY COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE POWER TO MORPH AND GO ON MISSIONS. But that whole five man band dynamic was too precious to be played with at all, so for better or worse we were just stuck with the original team.

It would have been interesting with that new dynamic, though. Sort of how it was once the parents got involved in the final arc, but with ALIENS.
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
I would have loved to see Aftran added to the team in some way. She would be a great asset. Estrid I'm not too sure about, though. She would prove to be a constant distraction to Ax and she showed herself as a bit of a coward in the Yeerk Pool.

I also would have liked to see Toby alongside the Animorphs a bit more, but he was very loyal to his people and felt that his fight was with them, which I can understand.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »
Yep, Satus Quo is God in Animorphs. That's obvious. For better or worse, because some people may believe They change it, now it sucks.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »
First item of Business, Alloran would think that it was very unlikey that there would be female andalites on the Domeship Visser Three shot down. So it would be supicous. Granted, he fought with Aldrea, but she wasn't on a domeship. Her father moved there and her family died so she wasn't in the military. Everybody on the domeship was in the military.

Visser 3 would have known that she wasn't from the Dome ship, but he also knew that there were apparently more Andalites on earth, having just fought with Arbat & co, so she could have come with him... That would not have been the problem...

The problem was, Estrid simply didn't want to stay on Earth... She had no interest in saving humanity, any more than she had any real interest in Ax... Her personality latched on to fascinating males, but abandoned them rather quickly... She was a mentally unstable person... not the kind you'd want fighting beside you in battle on a regular basis... Wouldn't have been much better than David imo...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 04:01:17 AM »
Really good point about Estrid's mental instability.