Author Topic: line test  (Read 19914 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: line test
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2009, 10:17:44 PM »
Here's my first one ever. it's wuss from book 24... I've already added effects to it. if it's really necessary, I can redo it without effects...

No offense but it sounds a little hard to understand with the effects on
I know that. which is why I suggested giving one without the effects...

Offline agentAK

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
I've asked to read for Karen and Rachel's mom, so I'll do some lines as soon as I can. Most likely either tonight or sunday. I actually have plans this Valentine's day, so I'll be busy...  ;D
RAF marrying Estrid so we can wear pretty dresses!

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
well rachel's mom sure, karen, has horsefan agreed to that?

Offline Mr. Guy36

• im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2009, 10:27:52 PM »
She wants to do Karen, but that opens up Melissa if you want that.
BTW, weathel, how's the site coming along?

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline agentAK

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »
Okay! Melissa shall be fun.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2009, 02:53:06 PM »
Welcome to the project, Agent.  I think I mentioned that I do accent coaching.  If you could find a ~200 word passage to read, I'd really appreciate that, so I can hear your native accent ("accent"="pronunciation system" everyone who speaks has some sort of accent).  I don't think Melissa has anything that long, so feel free to either record some other character's narration or something non-Animorphs.

The project site is still waiting on Richard.  I'll give him another poke, I guess.  If it's not up when I come up from CA, though, I'm really tempted to just go ahead and set it up on my dime.  (I'm going to launch a personal website at some point anyway; I've come to realize that I want to publish some of my writing, singing, perhaps an Esperanto blog...anyway)  We need it if we're going to get rolling.

Which reminds me, Agent.  We'll start with Megamorphs #1.  I don't think anyone has claimed the crazy woman whom Rachel meets.  Plus, we'll need extras.  So, we can find something for you to do even when Melissa doesn't have lines.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline agentAK

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »
OOOoooh, I am totally feeling the crazy. And any extras you can throw my way. Yeah, when I have more time (probably tomorrow) I'll record something.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »
Kewl!!!

It finally stopped raining in Sunny CA, and Santa Clara's free internet works much, much better outdoors, so here I am.

Morf: I can't understand a word you're saying through all the processing, much less accent.  Sorry.

Agent: Sorry for any confusion about my name.  I usually go by wildweathel, only changing it for the parties.  You can keep calling me gryph if you prefer.
* wildweathel eagerly waits for something to listen to
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Offline agentAK

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
Okay, so since I can only record in .wav, I can't upload the file directly. I put it on rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/199813246/Just_Ella.wav.html

It's an excerpt from Margaret Peterson Haddix's Just Ella.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »
Thanks!

Okay, some impressions:

You've got a wicked ground loop.  That's causing the 60 Hz hum.

Your accent is very much like mine.  That's a bit of a problem, since I'm from Maine, not California.

Basically, there are two or three changes to get to a Cal accent:
  • Pronounce r after vowels differently.  Once I return home, I'll make a tape about this.  If you'd like to give it a head-start pronounce "absurd," paying attention to your tongue in "ur".  If my ears aren't fooling me, the tip of your tongue is somewhere around your lower jaw when you do this.  Now say "red," again paying attention to the tip of your tongue.  It will be curled up behind your upper jaw.  The Cal-accent position is in between: the tip isn't all the way back like in "red", but it is nearly as far: sorta like "absrd."

• Long i only has one pronunciation: light sounds like lied.  There is a pronunciation practice tape for this one, #1 in the accent thread (but I think I'll revisit it.  At the very least, I need to type up a transcript to go with it.)

• (possibly) Pronounce "an" and "am" different from other short a sounds.  It's sort of a yeah-nn or yeah-mm sound.  Some New England accents have this feature, including my own, but I can't tell from your recording.  I think the word "can" appears once, but it's not stressed and thus sounds like "cn" (which is the same in all accents, not telling me anything).
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Offline morfowt

• God
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2009, 03:51:02 AM »
Kewl!!!

It finally stopped raining in Sunny CA, and Santa Clara's free internet works much, much better outdoors, so here I am.

Morf: I can't understand a word you're saying through all the processing, much less accent.  Sorry.

Agent: Sorry for any confusion about my name.  I usually go by wildweathel, only changing it for the parties.  You can keep calling me gryph if you prefer.
* wildweathel eagerly waits for something to listen to
I DID say, it might be better for me to get an unedited version... (or if I didn't, I was trying to)

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »
i really want to do some.maybe a younger character.i'm in gr.6(does it matter?i know that like most of the class has facebook in gr.5/6)i'll try a few lines,if it's still available
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »
We are working on MM1 at this time, and do not need anymore voice actors for this book. We've also set a requirement that anyone new to the project must be willing to help with directing/timing before they're allowed to put in for an acting role.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2011, 07:54:14 PM »
directing?timing? i don't get that and i can't do any acting role and the books before mm1 is done already?
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »
All roles in MM1 are already taken. We're starting with MM1 and moving from there, so no, there are no acting roles until we are done with this book.