Author Topic: RAF buy/sell/trade?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
RAF buy/sell/trade?
« on: July 10, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »
So, I had this idea a while ago, but this topic brought it back up again:

http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,3384.0.html

What does everyone think of having a section on the forum for buying/selling/trading Animorphs books?  As Terenia mentioned in the above topic, some people here have doubles of books and some people are still adding to their collections (at least, my personal collection is pitifully small ><).

I have pretty much talked myself out of the idea already, because I think it could cause a lot of problems and hassle for the staff (dealing w/money and all), and we already have ebay and such...but I might as well throw it out there.  xD

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
Re: RAF buy/sell/trade?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:43:09 PM »
Ok i don't think that RAF would be able to host the selling of these things, but Richard might be able to make a subboard somewhere, and people could post links to what they are selling there (with the links pointing to the site hosting the item, like eBay or Kijiji, etc.), becuase you're right, we don't wanna hold the Admin/staff responsible if anything bad happens. The subject could be the item they are trying to sell, such as "Animorphs Game Boy Color Game - $25.00" or something like that, and the body could be the description or even a direct copy of the Ad itself..

I'm not saying that I endorse the creating of a RAFbidding place, or whatever you wanna call it, but i'm just trying to help you figure out how to make it possible.

Hope this helped.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 12:16:09 AM »
Ok i don't think that RAF would be able to host the selling of these things, but Richard might be able to make a subboard somewhere, and people could post links to what they are selling there (with the links pointing to the site hosting the item, like eBay or Kijiji, etc.), becuase you're right, we don't wanna hold the Admin/staff responsible if anything bad happens. The subject could be the item they are trying to sell, such as "Animorphs Game Boy Color Game - $25.00" or something like that, and the body could be the description or even a direct copy of the Ad itself..

I'm not saying that I endorse the creating of a RAFbidding place, or whatever you wanna call it, but i'm just trying to help you figure out how to make it possible.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the input.
I know that some forums like Den of Angels have marketplace sections, but RAF is kind of small to have to deal with that.  The linking idea sounds good.

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:39:12 AM »

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the input.
I know that some forums like Den of Angels have marketplace sections, but RAF is kind of small to have to deal with that.  The linking idea sounds good.

Well then your next step would be to PM Richard with your Idea. That way he can give you his input. He is, after all, the one who says Yes or No. lol