Author Topic: Worst Animorph Books  (Read 13080 times)

Offline TinShadowcat

• War Eagle
Re: Worst Animorph Books
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
 >:D
Xbox 360:  TinShadowcat
Steam:  TinShadowcat
Pretty much anything you want to add me on:  TinShadowcat

Offline UEDfleet

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2008, 12:03:20 AM »
book  #9 was terrible ( they blackmailed Visser 3 with grape juice which is idiotic) also book #36 was ridiculous, a modern submarine is made out of steel and wouldnt be damaged by angry whales and the yeerks are way more advanced. Also the whole idea of an entire underwater civilization woulda worked better if they were zapped sumwhere else in the galaxy, having them on earth was just out of place  >:(

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:56 PM »
My personal Bottom 5 (in no particular order):

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »
Why didn't you like The Journey? It's one of my favorites.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2008, 06:25:19 PM »
I didn't like the journey because it has helmacrons in it. without the helmacrons, that'd be in my top 10 favourite.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »
The Helmacrons were actually pretty funny in #24, but they crossed the line into annoying in #42, imo.

Offline skyflyerjen

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »
For me, the worst book is easily The Beginning, #54.  That wretched book has haunted me.  Seriously, every time I think about it... I also hated the casual way KA talked about Rachel: "Oh, yes, poor Rachel."  ARGH!  I understand the main message in the series was "war is hell" but the good guys lost so much...

Also, I hated The Return, #48.  I felt like I was in a bad dream; the reader didn't know what was real and what wasn't.  It was lousy.  Plus, not knowing Rachel's decision was incredibly annoying.

I also disliked MM #4.  It was too depressing and the cover (inside and out) made me want to vomit.
Actually, pretty much every book from #49 and up I despised.  The new kids on the cover... knowing the series was coming to an end... those months reading crappy book after crappy book... that was a bad time.
Book #54 is the devil!!!

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2009, 08:23:19 AM »
For me, the worst book is easily The Beginning, #54.  That wretched book has haunted me.  Seriously, every time I think about it... I also hated the casual way KA talked about Rachel: "Oh, yes, poor Rachel."  ARGH!  I understand the main message in the series was "war is hell" but the good guys lost so much...

Also, I hated The Return, #48.  I felt like I was in a bad dream; the reader didn't know what was real and what wasn't.  It was lousy.  Plus, not knowing Rachel's decision was incredibly annoying.

I also disliked MM #4.  It was too depressing and the cover (inside and out) made me want to vomit.
Actually, pretty much every book from #49 and up I despised.  The new kids on the cover... knowing the series was coming to an end... those months reading crappy book after crappy book... that was a bad time.
Book #54 is the devil!!!

I liked MM 4 when I got older, but I second 48.

The idea was great, but the way it was implemented just didn't work out. It was badly written and you'd think that KA would be bothered to write such an important book herself or at least read over it for longer than five minutes.

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
What books do you like the least?
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »
When I am doing my occasional read through of the series I find myself not even bothering with a few of the books. Most notably Cassie's books...Some of her adventures just don't do it for me. From a dumb buffalo human hybrid to getting lost in Australia. I even find myself not enjoying number nineteen like I used too.

What book or books in the series do you find yourself passing over?
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline Thea

Re: What books do you like the least?
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2009, 10:27:06 AM »
I wasn't a fan of 36, where they morph killer whale and end up diving into some place filled with fish people. Or however it went. Other than that I like 'em all!

-merged with Worst Animorph Book-
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:06:17 AM by Richard »

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2009, 10:29:23 AM »
*Police mode*
A thread already exists about that - even if I understand you didn't see it, 'coz it was pretty far on the list of thread:
http://animorphsforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,322.0.html
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:02 AM »
My bad XD. I shoulda looked into the earlier post. Feel free to delete it if you think it is needed. I don't wanna overcrowd the forum.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »
I'm just in the RAFpolice, not a Mod, so I just can help but not delete it. A Mod will eventually pass by and lock you thread.
And don't worry, I don't look at all the old thread when I wanna create a new one ^^' Just I remembered the old thread about that. And on the Animorphs board, almost all the subjects were begun in a thread or 2 =_=' So except if you have very new/strange ideas or an idea about something very precise, you'll already have a thread about what you wanna say ^^'
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline poparena

« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
Without a doubt, my least-favorite Animorph book is Megamorphs 2: "Dinosaurs are Marketable!" That's the one Animorphs book I wish would die in a fire.
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
I suppose my most disliked books are the ones I don't remember so well. Mostly located later in the series. With the exception of the last one, which I really hate, and also remember quite well.

Anyway, the ones I don't remember too well are likely ones I only read once before the series ended.

Ani-Master 2014!