Author Topic: Worst Animorph Books  (Read 13076 times)

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
Re: Worst Animorph Books
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
That doesn't seem too insane to me...
I'd rather have Oreos than Cinnamon Buns ANY day!  ;D
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2009, 04:43:20 PM »
Yeah, I loved #41! It was like those "what would happen if they failed?" books. I love those, it gives you more drive to hope that they win.

Megamorphs #4 I thought was more interesting than pointless.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »
They were both very interesting... I guess I just kinda wish she'd done more with 41... I felt that it was out of place in the series... like it was... incomplete... if that makes any sense...

Alternamorphs 2... prolly... Though I liked the Alternamorphs idea... and the first one was one of my favorites.
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:40 PM »
Well, I think #41 was mostly just a vision into the failed future, it wasn't supposed to be any more than that.

Yeah, I liked the thought of being an alternate David, but those alternamorph books were just too flawed.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
Please explain what you mean by "flawed"?

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2009, 06:50:18 PM »
It sounds good in theory, but they didn't execute it well.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right...

But I still like the first one, because it formed the basis for this story I started to write... basically an alternate Animorphs "What If" they had had that sixth Animorph...

Offline Hewlett Aldershot III

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2009, 08:33:02 PM »
Problem in my mind was that they had about 140 pages, and nearly 8 different endings. What we ended up with was a situation where no set of events was explored in depth, so it didn't have the connections it should. Alternamorphs tried to be too many things to too many people, and failed for many of the fans who enjoyed the in-depth story lines and complexity of the characters. They sacrificed too much to include the readers, when we were all captivated to begin with.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #143 on: October 19, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
Exactly, good theory, horrible execution.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2009, 12:16:22 AM »
I see your points Spartan and HA3. As a part of the series, it did fail to live up to expectations...

IIIIIIII... still like it.  ::)

Offline crystalclear

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »
The one with the super Rachel or whatever you call it. I think I skimmed through the book in 15 minutes or so. Now that was awful. ::) The other one with Fitzhenry too, I read the first few chapters of his story then I skipped them all. Boring.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:46:17 AM by crystalclear »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2010, 10:37:30 AM »
I don't know if I posted in this thread before, but 31 springs to mind. It strikes me as the book with one or two of the biggest plot holes. Yes I'm aware that Yeerks die if they don't feed every three days, and this was going to be a four day trip. However, it's established that Tom's Yeerk was reasonably important and there were small portable Kandrona machines that important people use. Could he not pull any strings to borrow one just this once? Did Yeerks really never have any contingency plans for travelers? If all else failed, could he not have some people follow him and switch Yeerks? I don't know how Yeerks feel about others borrowing their hosts, but it's better than starving to death.

Also I don't think Jake ever thought that this was a great time to plan a rescue. It should be easy. Starve the Yeerk out and have Tom fake a suicide. The Yeerks would believe that Tom committed suicide, and would have no reason to believe the bandits were involved in the Yeerk's death? Why would they if they never made plans for the even of a four + day trip away from the main pool complex?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline LisaCharly

• HotPinkCoffee
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2010, 11:10:32 AM »
I can forgive the entirety of #31's stupid plot because it has some of the best Marco/Jake interactions in the series. Through most of the series we spend a lot of time being told they're BFF's, but #31 both shows us a bit of that while showing us how much it's changed. Also, when paired with #30, it sets up interesting parallels between their characters.

#41, on the other hand, has no excuse. "I just nearly sentenced Rachel and Marco to death and then had a freaky dream...better call and apologize to Cassie, 'cuz I hurt her feelings!". What a head-desking conclusion to a book that did nothing but set up the Yeerk future as generically miserable and boring.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
Character development was good to have. Kind of the silver lining in 31, I guess.

I actually found it amusing the way Cassie acted in 41.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Alex Oiknine

• Gold Donor
  • I'm moving on, I'm moving on...
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
« Reply #149 on: July 29, 2010, 12:23:10 AM »
The Mutation DDDDDDDDDDDD: THERE ARE NO FACES SAD ENOUGH FOR THE MUTATION. EVER.

However, I wasn't a big fan of The Underground. Or The Reaction. The Helmacron books I like because they're ridiculous, but I mean I know they're stupid. I could go on but I think as an Animorph fan one of the many realities is simply we're also the biggest critics.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~alexoiknine
http://alexoiknine.com
http://aximili.dreamwidth.org

The One (Completed)
The Rescue (Completed)
The Rendezvous (In Progress)