Author Topic: Lots of one-shots  (Read 1303 times)

Offline anijen21

Lots of one-shots
« on: April 06, 2009, 12:18:15 AM »
oh hey free publicity

so I'm kind of new here but I thought I'd post these anyway. I usually lurk a little longer than this before posting something so *audaciously* but I don't think one new topic will clutter up this page too much, eh? If it does yell at me, I CAN TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.

So, anyway, pardon my shameless self-promotion:

Homecoming
Ax gets to meet his brother, Prince Elfangor, for the first time. An investigation of the germination of their relationship and family dynamic.

Cold Hooves
Elfangor angsts a little on the eve of his wedding. This has no real purpose or structure, and even though I liked the summarized way KA handled their romance, I wanted a little bit more.

Filler
The Animorphs have a serious problem--the new threat they're facing isn't long enough to fill a whole book! How will they cope? I figured I'd try my hand at affectionate parody.

Delusions of Grandeur
Visser Three had an uncanny ability to sense when the Animorphs were spying on him, but at what cost did he develop this skill? A one-shot about Visser Three's paranoia, and his interaction with Alloran.

Tobias Tells Ax
Implicitly obvious, I hope. We never discovered just how Ax found out that his greatly admired mentor and brother caved into cowardice and fled to Earth to be with the woman he loved-how will he take it when he finds out?

The War Prince
A bitter villain in the Animorphs universe is perhaps more than he seems. A character study I did into Alloran after I finished re-reading the Hork-Bajir Chronicles last night.

A lot of these are pretty old, so you may have seen them already. Thought I'd post them where people might care. They're all just one-shots so they won't take long to read. Hope you enjoy!
I go off topic on purpose.

Offline EmberGryphon

• Dust from a Distant Sun
Re: Lots of one-shots
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »
I've already read some of them, but I do adore your writing style. 83 The spontaneous 3AM Andalite bathroom wedding in Cold Hooves was adorable, Filler made me giggle several times ("They're everyone's pages, Ax," x3), Delusions of Granduer gave some rarely-seen insight into my favorite character, and I loved how you portrayed his anger towards Alloran and the Animorphs being because of his paranoia humliating him- very Esplin; The War Prince got added to my FF.net favorites because of how fantastically it flowed.

Kuuuuuuudos! 83

Offline anijen21

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:11:35 AM »
wow, thanks, that's really nice :) who are you on ff.net?

Offline Alexandra

• Loren and Elfangor
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »
I don't want to bump an older post, but I feel I must in this situation: you are a great author, and your work must be given the praise and recognition it deserves! :) I'm a big Elfangor fan, and I'm enjoying your exploration of his character very much.

Please, write more? :) You're too good to not do so! ;)

Offline anijen21

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »
haha aww *blushing*

I do have some other stuff that I'm working on. I wrote a chaptered fic about Escafil and the whole *morphing discovery process* called The Birth of Morphing, a one-shot that no one reads called Drinking Buddies that's a little bit about the Skrit-Na, and right now I'm in the middle of posting my AU-jam-packed-with-OCs magnum opus The Warrior Chronicles which is UGH TAKING UP ALL OF MY TIME but I do have a couple more ideas for fics, one with Toby and a rather radical one with Elfangor that *I won't spoil yet*

but thanks for the comment, you digging through all those posts to find this one is certainly a compliment, and I'm glad you enjoy my stuff! :)