Author Topic: Animorphs Cast  (Read 11252 times)

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
Re: Animorphs Cast
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »
Miley Cyrus for Rachel  :D

with her Hannah Montana wig on.
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
If it were Animated

Rahcel: Grey DeLisle (Azula from avatar, Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Sam from Danny Phantom, and various other cartoons)
Marco: Jack Desena (Sokka from Avatar, Himself on All That) Or Greg Cipes (Beast Boy from Teen Titans, Kevin from Ben 10: Alien Force, and various other cartoons)
Jake: Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke from naruto, and Ben from Ben 10: Alien Force)
Cassie: Cree Summer (Pretty much every Cartoon in the US)
Ax: Crispin Freeman (Kouichi and Thomas from Digimon)
Visser Three and Elfangor: The same guys tht did their voices in the show
Ellimist: Morgan Freeman or the guys tht plays Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies
Crayck: Dave....sumthing(Kakashi from Naruto)
Drode: Richard Horvitz(Zim from Invader ZIM)

I'll have more later
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
Animated TV series or film:

-Amber Heard as Rachel
-Victor Rasuk as Marco
-Jessica Szhor as Cassie
-Hugo Weaving as Visser Three

Live Action film

-Blake Lively as Rachel

Live Action TV Series:

(Blake Livey has "Gossip Girl" so she can't play Rachel. The available Ashley Tisdale doesn't have the look. Best to go with young newcomers).
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
kelly its shawn ashmore
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline wolfev

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 01:03:36 AM »
Why doesn't anyone give Tobias an actor?
And I would stick Johnny Depp in as someone. He would have to be someone weird. I can see him doing Visser 3 or like Jara Hamee.
Greg Clipse as Marco makes sense because Beast Boy in Titans is very close to Marco.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »
I forgot about Tobias. My bad. He could be voiced by....Dante Basco(Zuko from Avatar and Jake Long from American Dragon)

And I would stick Johnny Depp in as someone. He would have to be someone weird. I can see him doing Visser 3 or like Jara Hamee.

I could see Johnny Depp playing Crayak

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline EscafilDevice

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 05:27:15 PM »
I think Johnny Depp would be a good match for The Drode.

I can't see anyone as playing Crayak like in a costume. They'd have to do CGI.

Toby

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »
Greg Clipse as Marco makes sense because Beast Boy in Titans is very close to Marco.

Ha, I completely made the same comparison with Beast Boy and Marco.
And I could see Johnny Depp as Visser Three. Good idea.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »
I think Johnny Depp would be a good match for The Drode.

I can't see anyone as playing Crayak like in a costume. They'd have to do CGI.

The Drode should have a cartoony voice like Richard Horvitz

I always pictured Crayak as this hooded figure wearing a red robe while the Ellimist had a blue robe and no hood covering his face

Glaflafock

Offline agentAK

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
(Okay, so I got the warning that this was an old topic, but I don't want another redundancy fail. So... Yeah.)

As nerdy as it is, I watch a lot of Radio Free Roscoe (The first season. It went downhill after that.), and I saw that a lot of the characters on that would do well in Animorphs. No idea if they still would as I haven't seen them recently, but still.

Marco: Ali Mukaddam. He's my favorite out of all the actors. He's perfect for Marco. Look up some clips on YouTube. His character's name is Ray http://gfx.filmweb.pl/p/54/78/115478/70911.1.jpg

Jake: Nathan Carter. He just has something that to me screams 'Jake'. http://www.freewebs.com/radiofreeroscoelrtr/travis_001.jpg

Rachel: Kate Todd ---Happy Mall rat Rachel: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2202570752/nm1433900,
'I'm gonna kick your *ss' Rachel: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2219347968/nm1433900

Cassie: Genelle Williams (Can't find a good picture)

Tom: Steve Belford (Can't find a picture of him from the show..)

As for Visser Three, the actors I thought would do well as his voice are Tim Curry (but played down a bit, and more angry) or Robin Sachs. For those who have seen Galaxy Quest, Sachs voices an alien warlord and acts a lot like Visser Three...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:26:03 AM by agentAK »
RAF marrying Estrid so we can wear pretty dresses!

Offline ChimichangaChupacabra

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 01:59:12 AM »
People we don't even know the names of yet.  Ideally.  Average suburban middle-class not-perfect-looking-models normal everyday kids.

If you've heard of them before or recognize their faces, they're automatically wrong for the part. 

In this case, believability is law.  That means no Disney kids, that means no one who's acted in anything with recognition.  As much as I loathe Harry Potter, that's something major they got right with their adaptation.

I'd even go as far as saying a no-name supporting cast (parents, teachers, Tom, Andalites, etc) would be preferable.  Maybe get someone like Ron Glass for Elfangor or the Visser, the recurring big roles, someone a little more recognizable but not high-profile.  But the kids would absolutely have to be "and introducing..." in the credits.  Example, Edward Furlong in Terminator 2.  Absolute no-name.

The problem with Animorphs casting is aging.  These kids are between 13 and 16 in the books.  A movie takes two-three years to produce.  One movie, three years from scripting to marketable product.  So, you start with a 13 year old in pre-production on film one, by the time film two has its theater release the kid is already 15-16.  You can maybe make two movies, tops.

Insurmountable challenge, unfortunately.

Animation is obviously a different story.  Either traditional or CG, doesn't matter.  Voicing doesn't pose the same problem as live-action, live-action is pretty much a "don't go there" scenario, if the responsible party is wanting a reasonably faithful adaptation of the source material.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:02:48 AM by ChimichangaChupacabra »
"WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!" - Bale.

Offline zahra

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 09:04:21 PM »
Who, if there was a show or movie, would you cast in the Animorphs?

i want all the models (from the book cover) to play the roles...

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »
oh greg cipes would be awesome lol
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »
Unknowns, all of them unknowns!
No movie star drama, no "I had to be the tiger, it was so important I got to be the tiger" none of that!
Unknown little actors who could use the work and wouldn't dare try to hold out for more money when the sequel came around!

And no live action, it has to be animated so I'm just picking voices.
Sara Lahti as Cassie . . . such a mellow voice, y'know? No, you probably don't, watch an episode of R.O.D.
And Wally Wingert as Tobias. That's right, Tallest Red as the bird boy, I went there.
That's all I've got for now . . . I'll think of some more later.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 12:46:06 AM »
(Okay, so I got the warning that this was an old topic, but I don't want another redundancy fail. So... Yeah.)

As nerdy as it is, I watch a lot of Radio Free Roscoe

Robin Sachs. For those who have seen Galaxy Quest, Sachs voices an alien warlord and acts a lot like Visser Three...

lol i like radio free roscoe and galaxy quest anyone else notice that sarris (the character sachs played) looked like a lion fish