Author Topic: Animorphs Cast  (Read 11253 times)

Offline Nomad Frog

• Wanderer
  • God
  • I Am Iron Frog
Re: Animorphs Cast
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 12:18:04 AM »
as long as it's not the people you see on the disney channel, I think I'd be happy with it...I'm not terribly picky and I already have low expectations of such a project, unless they go big-budget major motion picture... or... okay, one other option, and this is just because they do "big budget" tv with all the special effects and such, would be if the WB (or is it the CW ... Warner Bros) picked it up as a show... *shrugs* just my opinion.  I wouldn't mind seeing Jared Padalecki from Supernatural as a grown-up Tobias...*whistles*
Not all who wander are lost

Offline nothlitlifestyles

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:23 AM »
Honestly I always pictured marco kinda like mario lopez (A.C.Slater) from saved by the bell only not as muscular. but I guess he would be to old now.

Offline mrlarry

• The original and the best
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 03:10:08 AM »
oh this is hard  :-\ i give up.

But I like the guy who already plays Jake..Sean someone i think his name is. Iceman..he's hot :P

Shawn Ashmore

If we're talking live action, then I would go with unknowns.
I personally would prefer a cartoon series, and I can think of a few voice actors
Rachel: Tara Strong (Raven from Teen Titans, Ben Tennyson from Ben 10, many others)
Marco: Billy West (Fry from Futurama)
Visser Three: Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Slade from Teen Titans)
Jara Hamee: Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants)

MrLarry & Estrid FTW
Matt and Kat lulz

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:18 AM »
oh good choice for V3 voice, i like that, i was just watching hellboy last night, i can really see him pulling that off well

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36:38 AM »
Yeah, I agree with Matt, it'd be better to go with unknowns for live action.

As for a cartoon, it's very hard for me to imagine Animorphs as a cartoon. I also just had a weird image of a Hork-Bajir running around with a pink starfish...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:38:17 AM by ANItiger13 »
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 12:08:28 PM »
You have been watching way too much anime, I would envisage an Animorphs cartoon to be more stylistically similar to something like Justice League or the other DCAU stuff.

While we're talking voice talent I thought Peter MacNicol would be good as Chapman. He does a lot of voice over work and he's done the range of bad guys, weasels (metaphorically speaking) and even the odd likable character so he's more than capable.
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline ~

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Something slow an bittersweet
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 01:43:34 PM »
If Animorphs was an animated series, this would be my dream cast of voice actors:

Jake: Yuri Lowenthal
Marco: John Leguizamo
Rachel: Hayley Williams
Cassie: Cree Summer
Tobias: Michael Angarano
Ax: Tim Dadabo
Elfangor: David Scully
Visser one/Eva: Jennifer Hale or Katie Segal
Visser Three: Terence Stamp

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »
oh this is hard  :-\ i give up.

But I like the guy who already plays Jake..Sean someone i think his name is. Iceman..he's hot :P

Shawn Ashmore

If we're talking live action, then I would go with unknowns.
I personally would prefer a cartoon series, and I can think of a few voice actors
Rachel: Tara Strong (Raven from Teen Titans, Ben Tennyson from Ben 10, many others)
Marco: Billy West (Fry from Futurama)
Visser Three: Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Slade from Teen Titans)
Jara Hamee: Tom Kenny (Spongebob Squarepants)
yes that's right..thanks.
i've never heard of anyone else with the name Slade before :)
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Panic

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 05:31:05 AM »
I would only watch this show if it was live-action. An animated would be horrible. Actually, I take that back, I'd watch a CGI show, they could do good with that.

Now though, with how much we can do with special effects, this show could be seriously awesome.

If I had to cast it, I'd go with unknowns, personally, but if I had to choose right now I'd pick:

If I was going with an older teen (16-18) series:
Jake: Thomas Dekker (Heroes, Sarah Connor)
Rachel: Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars[She'd probably be too old though]), OR Kirsten Stewart (Twilight, Jumper[again probably too old, but she could pull it off with some good hair dye])
Marco: Josh Peck (Drake and Josh [DON'T TEASE, lol, if you've seen how he looks now, he could totally pull off a Marco, he's even a good actor, so I think he'd be perfect for it.
Cassie: Someone fill this one in, I'm stumped.
Tobias: Michael Cera (I CAN'T STAND THIS KID, but he does pull off the whole loner feel, and he's funny, so he's up there[he'd have to grow his hair out though, my Tobias has long hair]), OR Jason Dolley (Some dude on some Disney show my sisters were watching, he looked the part, and I think he could pull of Tobias).
Ax: Well, this'd mainly be voice, and the human Ax wouldn't really have to have to same voice, so I think for voice, I'd pick Nicholas D'Agosto (Heroes), though I think he could pull off human Ax too... Dunno, but his voice is how I picture Ax's thought speak.

Hmmm, that's the main cast...

For Visser Three's voice: Chuck Norris (I'm KINDA kidding, but seriously, you KNOW you can picture it! And imagine what'd it would do for ratings!)
The Hork-Bajir voices: Whoever did the Covenant voices in Halo would be perfect, cause that's how I picture their voices.

Ok, I'm spent, I'll think of more later.
Lets hear a round of applause for the word yeah!

YEAH!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 05:23:54 AM »
Those people are too old, we want younger ones

If the movie ever gets made, they probably wont do 13 yr olds, but i hope they don't go to far, 14-15 is the highest they should go.. and young looking 14-15 yr olds :P

you realise that Nicholas D'Agosto is 27 years old?
Kristen Bell is 28
and Thomas Dekker is 21
The others I don't know, can't be bothered to find out.

so.. yea they couldn't pull it off.

I used to have a dream cast, but it just doesn't ever work out the way I want.. If only the kids from the book covers were in the tv show when it first came out or something and the show was more closer to the books

Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Mongoose

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 05:44:12 AM »
I think the only way a live action could work would be if the kids were sixteen to begin with (ooh controversial, but hear me out). One issue (of many) the last series had was that it was made and marketed as a 'kids' series. If the series could be made and marketed to the Buffy/ Smallville crowd then they could do a lot more with it. The forty five minute hour should be enough time to do a book, and having it as a prime time series would mean they get a higher budget and attract better actors and writers. I think the content and tone and content of the books is better suited to this type of series, the books already dealt with mature themes and the level of violence is certainly not suitable for a kids series. A lot of what they did before felt toned down and sanitised.
The biggest problem is that the books were marketed to the early teen crowd, which might put a a sigma on them, and the name Animorphs might sound a bit too 'kiddie'. 
You should never go in there without a mongoose. (James Bond, Live and Let Die)

Offline Panic

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
All those guys would be in the event of the Animorphs being around 17ish, which all those guys could pull off, as they had in their prospective series.

Again, I would pick unknowns for the actual cast, but if we weren't I'd probably pick some of them.
Lets hear a round of applause for the word yeah!

YEAH!

Offline Zues770

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 02:40:16 AM »
Miley Cyrus for Rachel  :D

:-[

Okay I'm joking don't smite me please.

I didn't realize how hard this actually would be. I guess all unknown stars for the Animorph roles.
However for Visser Three I would choose Peter Mensah http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0579795/

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:38 AM »
Miley Cyrus for Rachel
LOL! hahahhaha....

I wished they would pick unknown actors again, so that the mysterious feel of the Animorphs would still be there.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline sonali

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 09:54:40 PM »
i can really see clare-hope a****ey as cassie, aka the girl who played kee in children of men. here's a picture of her: http://www.childrenofmen.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/clairehopea****ey.jpg