Author Topic: When did you read your first ANIMORPHS book?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
Re: When did you read your first ANIMORPHS book?
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 03:31:39 AM »
Spooksville was awesome!!!!! ;D
yeah! ^^ but not very famous... and Shadow Zone seems to be even less famous... How Goosebumps could be so famous and let the funny Shadow Zone into... shadow...
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline SkyMorpher

• Fly high, seek peace, God bless (Formerly Animel23
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 09:54:21 AM »
December of 2007. I'm a late comer, I know. *gasps*

*has to get visiting this board more often*

Offline DeadCell

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
I'm not sure what year it was, but I'll guess around 1999-2000.  My grandmother bought me the book Visser (or something like that.  It had one of the big blue aliens on the cover).  Anyway, I loved that one, but for some reason, never read the series.

Today, I was going through my bookshelf, and I saw my Remnants books (loved that series), and remembered Animorphs.  So, I decided to look for a place to read Animorphs, and see how it is.

I've read through the first one now, and am about 3/4 through the second.  I'm loving them so far!

Offline gecko52

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
It was around 2002 and I had #6, 5 4, 22 and a few more, I was bored one day so I just picked up #6 and was sucked into teh series

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »
in 1996 when it first came out, i was 10. my friend had the invasion and said it was awesome so i should read it. i was hooked from then till this day ;D
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline Uza-chan

• Kiley can spot a liar from a mile away >:O
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 01:58:57 PM »
My younger sister was reading the series because she had run out of books of her own to read and my brother had told her that Animorphs was a great series. I used to volounteer at the library so I'd take home some of the books for her whenever they came in and requested a few books as well. I can't remember the exact reason why I started it :P But it was probably because I was bored because I thought they were kids books and I was fourteen. But I started with book 14, and I liked it so I read a few more and decided to give the series a try~ I just started re-reading them in December (finished in Jan.)though, and fell in love with the series all over again  :D

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
  • One of RAF's French residents
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »
I bought my first animorphs in 1998 (12 years ago already  :'(). I was 9 at that time.

I bought it because a girl changed into a horse on the cover (animorphs 14 with Cassie) but I thought it was a normal girl who just had this power, not a group of young people in charge of saving our planet  ::)
I started to read it and realized I was mistaken so I dropped it on a shelf.

A few months later, as I was bored to death during an afternoon after school I saw that book on one of my shelves and as I had never really read it I thought I could give it a try.

I did and couldn't give the book up for the whole afternoon. I laughed so much >< (at that time I found very funny the "Cindy Crawford, Fox Mulder" moment, as well as the fact that they put so much effort in finding... toilets ;D, af for the final scene, the general or officer reminded me of a French actor, Louis De Funes, in one of his movies)

Anyway, I finished the book in the afternoon and I started to have an animorphs bulimia  :o
You know how it is... You want to put your hands on all of them and you start writing little stories with the characters  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:09:23 AM by Tocade »
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

¤  Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Wildweathel since December '08 ¤

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 03:32:37 AM »
I was finishing middle school or was already in high school not exactly sure . but i was maybe 15 years old when i started reading. got book 3 and 4 from the local library. read 4 first cause I liked the cover. got 1 and 5 after that. it took me ages to get book 2
by that time i was now buying the books with my allowance. I used to clean a neighbor's house they used to pay me  like 5 pr so to clean stuff. I would after that go my my book at the magazine and book section at the grocery store.  One day when i was sick in bed my mom surprised me with book 2.

===============================================

Offline Acalio-Laron-Jaham

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »
1999 here. i remembered always seeing it around since 1996, but never bothered to read it. my friends were all into it since then. posters all around my primary school library. so one day, in 1999 at the local library, i saw it and decided to burrow it - book no.1 the invasion, just to see what its all about. and then i really liked it and thats how i got into it.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »
I bought my first Animorphs book, #3, in October 1998. I bought my last one (#51, I'd borrowed it from a friend but never bought my own) in November 2009. XD

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:35 PM »
1996, right when #3 had come out...I bought all three on a whim :D  I had just turned 12 not long before that.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
For some reason I remember precisely what I was doing at the time I started reading Animorphs, and exactly why I did it. I was...one of those kids who reads early and then reads everything in sight. <_<; I started reading around the same time as Myitt, but I was seven or eight years old. Five or so years younger. X3

I saw the first book just laying around on the table among the collection of books we could read in the classroom. I'd just gone through the Rats of NIMH and I thought the cover looked interesting. So I picked up the book, read it, and was hooked instantly. During the school Book Fair, I got ahold of the first four and read through the first two again just so I could do it all in order. :3

After that, I was a constant visitor to my local Borders, always waiting for and getting ahold of the latest Animorphs book.

I stopped at #42. The series had gotten too filler-ey and oddly written. X3 I never finished. Ever. Despite this, I've read spoilers for the ending and skimmed parts of the last three recently. ^^;;;;

And after re-reading some of the books again, I remembered why I loved the series so much. :D:D

Offline Serraph105

• Banned
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »
I don't remember the year to be honest, but I remember that it was the third book and despite the fact that a boy ate a rat (how disgusting was that for the first time?) it was still interesting enough that I kept with it and picked up the rest of the books and caught up with them.

Offline Hewlett Aldershot III

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
Woulda been grade three for me. 1998, I suppose. Ran across #6 in my elementary school library, and was so enthralled by the image of a dude turning into a fly that I had to read it. And as they say, the rest is history.

Offline martinguy

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
2009 ;D December.
Im reading book #7 now atm