Author Topic: Book cover characters  (Read 4567 times)

Offline crystalclear

Re: Book cover characters
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 06:01:16 AM »
I always pictured them by their most recent cover appearance.

Has anyone ever find out who the models were??? ???

Yeah, poor kids got kind of famous yet no mention of their names whatsoever :-\ Or maybe it's the norm for cover models?

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:05:52 AM »
I"m pretty sure it's the norm. No idea who the kids were, only that Cassie was the only one that stayed the same the whole way through. Likely it was just a side job so that they could make some money before going off to college.

It would be interesting to see if they actually read any of the books that they were on the cover of, though.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
Actually, Jake is supposed to be "blah" looking. In the earlier books, he often described himself as "I get average grades, average in sports, average... if you saw me you'd think there was nothing absolutely special.."

He didn't seem to look all responsible and all. But once he spoke, he did give a strong image.
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th