Author Topic: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
Re: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
Check it out guys! David B Mattingly (The Animorphs Cover Artist) just commented on this video on youtube!

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 03:13:06 AM »
Wow!!! AMAZING!! The original Animorphs cover artist saw your video!!

And if I put 4, Reaper, it's only because I was sure you can do it a little better (difficult but heh! we're speaking about YOU! ;)). But I understand you didn't have time for that. So it's really amazing, and the music is very good for this video. And I agree about the feelings we see here, and not so much in the books (not at all in the TV show).
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 10:13:20 AM »
So what did David say? I'm too lazy to go look.

I gave it a 4 only for minor things. Time permitting, I'm sure it would have been better, and I would have given it a 5.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 10:25:36 AM »
it's visible right there...
Check it out guys! David B Mattingly (The Animorphs Cover Artist) just commented on this video on youtube!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 10:26:30 AM »
Awesomeness. This deserves an applaud.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Duff

• Entreprenerd
  • God
    • Under the Capes
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 10:45:50 AM »
dude, that was awesome

Like a few people said I loved how everything was really simple and just kinda a symbol of the actual characters and ideas of the story

The music fit perfectly, really fit the fast paced feel of the video, and it just set up a great mood for the dark gritty images

The representation of the controllers I thought was very cool, and the faceless animorphs were also really awesome

My favorite scene was definately elfangor holding up the cube, shows you put alot of time into that one and it really looks fantastic

A few criticisms (i still gave it a five cause like holy **** that was incredible lol but theres always room for better...)

I know you were kinda battling with time and you were only using flash so you kinda had to keep things basic, but I didnt really like at the beginning when the blade ship fires on the dome ship and theres kinda those generic explosions and then it splits in two. That was one of the only times when I was like oh im watching a flash animation. I know thats pretty much how it happened in the book, but imo its not really necessary to show unless you can come up with a better way. Maybe nix the explosions (they totally work when your zooming up to the battle btw, i think they look great there) cause they just dont seem real at all. Maybe like one stylized flash explosion and then kinda have it shatter into several peices and have them kinda zoom off into different directions instead of just drift apart. I dno, either that or just drop it.

Hmm my second bit of criticism was going to be about the color you used for the names, but watching it a few more times I think its pretty cool. Definately a good choice. I love the black and white throughout, I think it really works with everything else your trying to show and that was a cool time to kinda break that with some color, good choice.

I would never really want to watch this as a show lol but thats not really what you had in mind for something this basic im sure, it was really just cool at that length and with the basic story you were trying to tell with it. Awesome job.

Something a little more detailed, like someone was saying like a samuri jack kinda deal tho, would be really cool

too bad there wont be more dude, I really enjoyed that, i watched it through twice in a row lol and through writing this ive seen it like 4-5 times lol pity there wont be more

well deserved A

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »
dude, that was awesome

Like a few people said I loved how everything was really simple and just kinda a symbol of the actual characters and ideas of the story

The music fit perfectly, really fit the fast paced feel of the video, and it just set up a great mood for the dark gritty images

The representation of the controllers I thought was very cool, and the faceless animorphs were also really awesome

My favorite scene was definately elfangor holding up the cube, shows you put alot of time into that one and it really looks fantastic

A few criticisms (i still gave it a five cause like holy **** that was incredible lol but theres always room for better...)

I know you were kinda battling with time and you were only using flash so you kinda had to keep things basic, but I didnt really like at the beginning when the blade ship fires on the dome ship and theres kinda those generic explosions and then it splits in two. That was one of the only times when I was like oh im watching a flash animation. I know thats pretty much how it happened in the book, but imo its not really necessary to show unless you can come up with a better way. Maybe nix the explosions (they totally work when your zooming up to the battle btw, i think they look great there) cause they just dont seem real at all. Maybe like one stylized flash explosion and then kinda have it shatter into several peices and have them kinda zoom off into different directions instead of just drift apart. I dno, either that or just drop it.

Hmm my second bit of criticism was going to be about the color you used for the names, but watching it a few more times I think its pretty cool. Definately a good choice. I love the black and white throughout, I think it really works with everything else your trying to show and that was a cool time to kinda break that with some color, good choice.

I would never really want to watch this as a show lol but thats not really what you had in mind for something this basic im sure, it was really just cool at that length and with the basic story you were trying to tell with it. Awesome job.

Something a little more detailed, like someone was saying like a samuri jack kinda deal tho, would be really cool

too bad there wont be more dude, I really enjoyed that, i watched it through twice in a row lol and through writing this ive seen it like 4-5 times lol pity there wont be more

well deserved A

LOL, thanks Duff!

Yeah, I agree about the splitting of the Domeship, the last big explosion on it does bother me. I was going to split the shaft into several more pieces as well with the Dome still intact and have us fly right through it, but I had already spent entirely way too much time on the beginning as it is (referring to the space battle before hand, which I had also redone to get it right), so I really had to get things moving along. Your flash explosion does sound cool though, I'll probably use that tip if I make some more.

And yes, I would definitely want to do something more detailed if I were making actual episodes. Samurai Jack style would be excellent (I loved that show), but this was strictly done as a promo trailer, a way to summarize the series quickly through visual narration, nothing more. :P

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »

:o :wow:
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline KOFSoldier

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 06:28:01 PM »

OK, You HAVE to lobby this to get Animorphs made into a TV show. You just got one of the greatest recommendations you could possibly get!

LOL, I find your name ironic, considering how much work obviously was put into this.

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 07:23:53 PM »
I love this!  The music was great and the style of the animation captured the mood perfectly.  I liked the part where it showed all the Animorphs and their names.  The spaceships and the cityscape look awesome too.

The round headed people did look a bit like the ones on public restroom signs to me, but I suppose making them more detailed would take a ridiculous amount of time.  ;)

And wow, a comment from David Mattingly!  Impressive...

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »
wow..
*quickly subscribes to david m.*

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »
lol I think KA posted on one of claire's videos. you wanna subscribe to KA?

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
HELL YEAH!!!!!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 11:02:52 PM »
This is their channel, if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/ReynoldsApplegate

But I can't seem to subscribe to it...

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »
lol why'd they make a youtube account and never even put anything on it

Glaflafock