Author Topic: Favorite Animorph  (Read 18723 times)

Offline CounterInstinct

Re: Favorite Animorph
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2008, 05:58:39 AM »
Yeah, Jake's my favorite too. Like him, I also get along with most people, although I really don't think I'm a leader or something. Recently, I'm a new kid in my university, a freshman, and somehow, I created this group composing of 5 people....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline Bladeh Mercury

• Xtreme Member
  • Beware of my love of cats!
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2008, 04:27:49 PM »
Ax. He's funny and weird. My brother gave me book 8 to read awhile ago, and I loved Ax in that book. I really didn't care how arrogant he was or how much he went back to his own species.
Tobias, he's the one who I can best connect with. I'm a loner, and I got picked on majorly, not that much anymore, though, but still I do.

Offline Zues770

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »
I'm a loner, and I got picked on majorly, not that much anymore, though, but still I do.

I think its cause you like cats lol. No I'm kidding. I always thought Tobias was an overrated character for some reason. Maybe its because quiet loners get on my nerves, ironically I'm a loud ass loner. :P

Offline Kharina

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
I say Cassie, Ax comes second because he's just so funny, and I always loved the aliens in the series.  But Cassie first :)

Offline Hylian Dan

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »
I don't think so--he did it because it was necessary.  They couldn't let the Blade ship get away and conquer new races, as Cassie pointed out--not in good conscience.  They were too dangerous, and they didn't know Erek would do what he did.  So yeah, it was poorly planned and executed perhaps, but it was part of important strategy, not vengeance--after all, he was killing his brother as well, which I don't think he'd do just to get revenge on the Yeerk within his head....
Jake needed to take down Tom because unlike the other Yeerks on the Blade Ship, Tom wanted revenge. Visser One would never promote him further and allow him to climb the ranks because of Jake, so Tom was going to kill the Animorphs and Visser One. He was about to take down the Pool Ship when Rachel attacked. The other Yeerks didn't care about revenge, so they took off after the battle.

My favorite Animorph is Tobias. I've always related to him a lot. Next is Rachel. I loved her personality and how she managed to be strong in spite of everything that would be nagging at her. Next is Marco, his storyline was great, his philosophy about tragedy and comedy is very useful, and I share his sense of humor. Next is Jake, then Ax or Cassie, although I really liked all three of them.

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »
i like marco :)
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline ANItiger13

• ....Yay....
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to the basics
    • Ken/UMP's YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2008, 08:05:59 PM »
i like marco :)

As your favorite, or do you really...? :P
There's a method to my madness, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2008, 08:07:14 PM »
haha :P as my favourite..he's not my type haha
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2008, 08:09:51 PM »
I am tied between Ax and Tobias.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Kharina

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »
I don't think so--he did it because it was necessary.  They couldn't let the Blade ship get away and conquer new races, as Cassie pointed out--not in good conscience.  They were too dangerous, and they didn't know Erek would do what he did.  So yeah, it was poorly planned and executed perhaps, but it was part of important strategy, not vengeance--after all, he was killing his brother as well, which I don't think he'd do just to get revenge on the Yeerk within his head....
Jake needed to take down Tom because unlike the other Yeerks on the Blade Ship, Tom wanted revenge. Visser One would never promote him further and allow him to climb the ranks because of Jake, so Tom was going to kill the Animorphs and Visser One. He was about to take down the Pool Ship when Rachel attacked. The other Yeerks didn't care about revenge, so they took off after the battle.

Yeah, the Tom thing was necessary, I can understand Jake's reasoning there.

I still can't forgive Jake for the seventeen thousand, though, but then, not all the blame was on his shoulders: Ax suggested it (and actually pressed the button, if I remember correctly), and none of the other Anis tried to stop him.  So I can't forgive any of them, really.  I always thought it was rather unfair that Jake got all the guilt and blame for that after the war; it wasn't solely his responsibility.

But yeah, Cassie and Ax.  Although I'd say at least my top 3 faves overall aren't any of the 6 Anis.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
Probably Marco. He's funny, and has a sharp tacticle mind. He can be cruel sometimes, but he workd to get the job done. Whatever that job might be.

He's also one of the two real survivors of the war, along with cassie, even though he does go off to rescue Ax and might not have gotten back.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline CounterInstinct

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2008, 06:40:34 AM »
Ah.... the responsibilities and liabilities of a leader... Jake probably believes that the actions and results of the actions of a leader's men, are also his responsibility....

I feel sorry for Tobias and Jake though... Jake lost what he was really fighting for at the beginning of the war. Tobias began as a messed up, no one to turn to kid.. and ends as a messed up, no one to turn to hawk....
I'm just a writer, and my main goal was always to entertain. But I've never let Animorphs turn into just another painless video game version of war, and I wasn't going to do it at the end. I've spent 60 books telling a strange, fanciful war story, sometimes very seriously, sometimes more tongue-in-cheek. I've written a lot of action and a lot of humor and a lot of sheer nonsense. But I have also, again and again, challenged readers to think about what they were reading. To th

Offline UEDfleet

« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 02:17:31 AM »
I'm going for Marco and Ax, just cause they are the funniestI have to flip coins on this type of question. =( Luck has never failed me.

Offline Aldrea

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2008, 05:53:41 AM »
I think its Marco, Tobias, Cassie, Rachel then Jake. I dont know why, i never liked Jake. i dont count Ax as an animorph. marco RULZ! he is sooooooooo cute im in luv with him. :)

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 02:38:37 PM »
AX is funny and awsome-uma-some
Marco is my second favorite he's always the one cracking the brilliant sarcastic jokes. ;D
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!