Author Topic: Favorite Animorph  (Read 18683 times)

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
Re: Favorite Animorph
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2009, 05:40:10 PM »
I put Jake, even though I identified with Tobias the most, I always looked up to Jake.

Isn't there already a poll like this?
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Robcola21

« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2009, 06:08:09 AM »
Rachel's my favorite because she's perfect but not flawless.

Tobias is my second favorite because i related to him most,

Ax because he's a freaking awesome looking alien,

Jake because i could respect him even though he wasn't real,

Cassie then Marco

Mira

« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2009, 05:34:25 PM »
That's interessting, someone have Marco last...

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2009, 07:48:05 PM »
Well, the complainer is always wrong, you know.

Ani-Master 2014!

Mira

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2009, 03:29:28 PM »
I don't care ;)

Offline Hewlett Aldershot III

« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »
Hmm, for me it had to be Marco and Tobias right at the top. Two characters that had great insights and actually developed through the series in a positive way. I think that the ghostwritten books are a tick weaker (okay, more than that for some of them) then K.A's stuff, but Tobias's shift after his torture in #33 made him an even more appealing as a character. In all honesty, despite what he said in #37 ("I'm no ones leader"), he could, in my mind, have led the animorphs. Especially after facing his demons (read: Taylor) in #43, he became one of the strongest in the group. He was the closest to Ax, which made everyone's favorite alien more a part of the group. He sacrificed more for the fight, and he just about always took it without a complaint. Jake, on the other hand, took two big hits (I'm not really counting the burden of leadership here, though maybe I should) and it near wrecked him. How he was in the Hork-Bajir valley, especially in comparison to Tobias (who, to be fair, had just regained some semblance of family) just seemed selfish and brooding.
Anywho, after that long diatribe, I'll deal with why Marco is awesome in my mind. Cool and ruthless, Marco always made the smart call, if not the emotional one (minus that thing where he saved his dad). He too took every hit thrown at him, complained the whole time, but never really broke from it. In fact, minus Rachel, who just ignored the damage she took, Marco probably took the most abuse and kept on ticking. Holding his guts in while cramming the door shut on the Sea Blade in #39, the injuries he took while saving Tobias in #33, fist through the glass with the Pemalite crystal in #10, everything like that just kind of overshadows what some people see as excessive complaining. He was tough and gutsy, and usually ended up with the most pivotal assignments from Jake.
So, to finish the diatribe, for me it goes:

Marco-Tobias
Jake
Ax
Rachel
Cassie

Offline Keleyn

« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2009, 03:33:39 AM »
That's interessting, someone have Marco last...

So what? This is my order:

Rachel-Tobias Rachel cos I'm kinda like her, and Tobias ;cos he's awesome!

Ax cos he's funny

Jake I don't know why

Cassie I'm not a peace maker!

Marco he gets on my nerve

Mira

« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
Even better, Marco got on my nerves at first...

I have a new list. My new favorite is Ax apart from that I think it is the same.
Jake, Marco, Cassie, Tobias and Rachel.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »
I think I've changed my opinion for having Ax be tied with Tobias for second place, instead of coming in third.

Marco>Ax=Tobias>Rachel>Jake>Cassie.

Marco is the one I relate to the most. I just love Ax, and I can also relate to Tobias. Rachel is confident, strong, and has a sense of duty. Jake has good leadership skills, but besides that he's kind of bland. Like a one trick pony or something. Cassie fills a spot as a moral compass, and has a valuable resource in animals, but she can be the most annoying member. I relate to her the least.

That's a recap on my list.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2009, 11:47:16 PM »
Marco's top on my list... He was cool and collected, and had a fantastic sense of humor... I think I would have gotten along with him great as a person, and I probably would've made most of the same choices during the war...

Marco was also the most grounded in reality, which I really appreciate from people... and which is why he was the best survivor of the war... (Cassie only did as well mentally because of her 'pet' status...)

Second goes Jake... Always looked up to the guy... and never could understand how he handled sending his friends to their deaths hundreds of times so well...

Next I'd have to put Rachel... Regardless of the circumstances she always at least tried to do what's right, and she persevered to the end...

Tobias takes fourth, mostly because he is so selfish and self-absorbed that a lot of times it distracts him from the people around him... all of his moodiness really kind of gets in the way... Sorry... not a big fan of angst... But I can see how so many people would relate to him... Never realized till this forum that so many people like him the most...
(probably because Marco's sense of humor can be grating on some people... who just can't take a joke...)

Then Ax... who would have been much higher because he's just awesome and hilarious, except that his loyalty to his prince was in doubt so many times... He made the choice to stick with the Animorphs through thick and thin so many times that it was painful... and every time I thought, "Okay, this is the end of that dilemma" - BUT IT WASN'T!!!

Cassie is dead last. Not only could she not take a joke half the time (unlike Jake and Rachel, and even Ax) but she REALLY got in the way with all of her whining and moralizing and animal-loving, tree-hugging nonsense... I think if the Animorphs had lost Cassie early on in the war, they probably wouldn't have even noticed the effect on the war... At least they wouldn't have if the storyline wasn't made out to make her the unassuming hero who was never wrong, and every choice she makes turns out good in the end, because she is good and moral and agrees with the author on every point...

And David should be on the list... and should be listed dead last by everyone, if only for his complete lack of loyalty to the human race, and complete lack of common sense and decency... He was like Cassie, but on the other extreme...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2009, 12:19:52 AM »
To list David, I would include other villains. Heroes go on one list, and villains on another, and I think David had a lot of potential as a good villain. Has anyone ever done a favorite Villain thread?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #176 on: October 27, 2009, 12:19:57 PM »
Marco-after book 5- he became my favourite, he did the right thing and was just the person you really need in war.
Ax-Also very important type that helps to win wars, the only thing I got bored of was his conflicting loyalties each time.
Rachel-because she was honest about enjoying the destruction of evil.
Jake-Great leader, responsible, but his post war guilt about the yeerks was incomprehensible.
Tobias-Angsty moody and for God's sake you're nota freaking hawk, hawks arent sentient so stop pretending you're a hawk!
Cassie-die hippy die.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2009, 11:45:52 PM »
Tobias-Angsty moody and for God's sake you're nota freaking hawk, hawks arent sentient so stop pretending you're a hawk!
Cassie-die hippy die.

I loved these parts...  ;D
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2009, 12:19:38 AM »
 :-X See, if this were "Favorite Character" I'd have an easier time. XD

Fave Animorph- Jake or Tobias. When I was first reading I said Rachel because... I don't know. I was 10, and it seemed more normal to pick a girl. :P
Fave Character, period- Elfangor.

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2009, 12:27:31 AM »
Good choice...

I'd go with either him or the Ellimist... But that's for another thread, apparently...