Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 343996 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9585 on: August 08, 2010, 11:40:08 PM »
"Yes." Tamora says, looking down at the table, eyebrows knitting together. "Zorish was exceptional at his job. Zorish was..." she trails off, not entirely sure how to finish that statement. She bites her lip, hoping that she will not start crying again.

---------

"Pretending?" Terenia snickers and rolls her eyes at Myitt, "The Andalite is so convinced that I'm so evil. Clearly he does not think I rock." She pushes her bottom lip out into a pout, grabbing her glass. She tries to take a drink while making that face, but it dribbles down her chin. She coughs, taking a drink normally instead. When she finishes she fixes Claxter with as steady a gaze she can manage.

"You, sir," she says as formally as she can manage, suppressing a laugh, "have no room to talk."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9586 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:36 AM »
Myitt squints at Claxter.  "Oh.  It's you."  She relaxes a bit and looks at Terenia.  "Don't listen to him, he doesn't rock like we do." 

She takes a swig.  "Instead he leaves people to writhe on the floor and dry up.  And he admonishes people for doing the dirty work.  Have you ever even killed anybody, Clap..Clax...you?" 

Myitt jabs a finger at Claxter.  "You need to learn your place, kiddo.  Have a few more drinks with us, 'kay?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9587 on: August 09, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »
The Director hears the banter about the "coolness" of Terenia. He turns back to the two girls and looks to the new human. He noticed one of the Andalites had disappeared, so this new human must be the Andalite in morph. He looks to him, claps a hand on Terenia's shoulder and says, "What, this ol' girl? She's a bundle of laughs. Especially when havin' a piss up. I've never seen such a turn around of personality. I swear, you humans are brilliant."

After Myitt's comment, he added, "Aye, boy. Drink up. Forget your troubles, eh?"
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9588 on: August 09, 2010, 01:23:17 AM »
"Not human, but whatever, I just play one on TV," she says straight-faced.  Then she cracks up laughing, downing the rest of her glass and swaying precariously.  "Whoa, you ever notice the room's spinning?"

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9589 on: August 09, 2010, 02:41:39 AM »
The Director gave a big amused grin, "Very funny, you know what I mean though. The only reason you're even feeling loopy is because you're in a human body. I'm sure if you were just a parasite swimmin' in this stuff, you wouldn't be so plastered."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9590 on: August 09, 2010, 02:48:25 AM »
Myitt smirks.  "No," she drawls, "I'd be dead."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9591 on: August 09, 2010, 03:02:37 AM »
The Director gives a tilted nod, "See? Humans, a great lot, they are. Always finding ways to spread joy throughout the universe. Whether they mean to or not."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9592 on: August 09, 2010, 03:14:37 AM »
"Well, sure, I guess, but they've also done a lot of really nasty stuff," Myitt says thoughtfully.  "Look who's talking, as they would say.  Anyway, this stuff's from my planet.  It's not just Earth that has booze, y'know."

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9593 on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:02 AM »
The Director's face brightens, "Ah, yes, but what vessels are best used to truly enjoy the effects of alcohol? C'mon, you must admit, humans have the best of times. Sure, they have dark sides, what species doesn't? But humans, oh humans out shine us all."

Offline Quickest Hands ever

• All you need to know is death fears me
  • You know you at least want to try
« Reply #9594 on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:48 AM »
Swordson continued to drink from his pint but said to the director, <<I would rather find my way on my own. This way I do not have to worry about owing people who say they have no need for my shall we talents>>

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9595 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:29 AM »
The Director looked over his shoulder momentarily at Swordson's response, but paid his full attention back to Terenia and Myitt.

« Reply #9596 on: August 09, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
((quick question did you mean my Kato character as the second andalite in the bar at this time?))

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9597 on: August 09, 2010, 03:36:45 AM »
((No, I meant Claxter. He morphed human and sat down beside Myitt.))

« Reply #9598 on: August 09, 2010, 03:40:27 AM »
((got it thanks))

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #9599 on: August 09, 2010, 06:36:22 AM »
((Get ready for emo-andalite.  :p))

Ossanlin trots his way out to the lake near the bar and stands for a bit, then finds a particularly soft-looking patch of grass and "sits down", folding his front and hind legs under himself, his humanoid portion still upright, main eyes gazing out at the lake, reflecting the bright light of the stars and swirls of nebulae hanging in the night sky.  He closes his eyes, the image staying in his mind, and breathes deeply, placing his hands in a meditative gesture.  It had been some time since he'd done this, but it helped to relieve stress in particularly trying times.  After just a few moments, he feels a very deep sadness.  He couldn't remember the last time he'd felt like this.  Was this truly how he felt under everyting else?

After a little more introspection, Ossanlin realizes quite suddenly that it is true.  Without his command or a mission, or the bar or his Silver Blade energy to hide behind, to focus on, he becomes keenly aware of the fact and the feeling grows.  No matter what he did or how much good he tried to accomplish in this multiverse, it didn't make any difference.  What was the point?  Why couldn't he be like so many others of his species...ignorant, arrogant, and ruthless?  Compassion?  Of course there was no room for it in war, Ossanlin knew that...and he could be ruthless if he had to be, but wouldn't it be easier to simply live the rest of his life, all of it, without compassion?  Wouldn't it be happier to exist in ignorance?  Being nice was a weakness, having compassion was a bother.  How nice it might be to be rid of it.  He continues to sit in silence, deep-ceded emotion bubbling forth and tearing him apart from within.   <I really am alone aren't I?>  The thought-speech not directed at anyone or anything.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:09:12 PM by Ossanlin »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player