Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 345794 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #9540 on: August 07, 2010, 01:28:16 AM »
((oops, Parker I forgot about Trey and Thordon....I'll post for Trey next round))

"I know how to - how to hold my liquor," Terenia says indignantly, although some of the effect is lost as her words slur ever so slightly. "And I don't care what she does. She's got no reason to kill me. I'd just as soon pretend she doesn't exist at this point."

Terenia falls into silence for a moment, staring at her empty glass. Her head is feeling buzzy and light, and she quite enjoys it. She blinks ferociously through a steady haze that has begun to fall over her world.

<<How could I've ever tried to kill Myitt?>> Terenia wonders to Efaen, <<She was just trying to help me. Even Ossanlin was trying to help.>>

Efaen does not answer, too disgusted with the scene that is playing out. Terenia finds her attention drawn to the various hand motions that are being passed between The Director and Corliss and a lump forms in her stomach.

"Myitt," Terenia says suddenly, "do you believe in love?"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:30:20 AM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #9541 on: August 07, 2010, 01:34:09 AM »
((No worries, we got in a flurry of responses. I forgot about it momentarily too.  ;D ))

At Terenia's question, The Director's eyes widen. He doesn't look in any direction specifically. He doesn't comment or make any noise other than the sound of his shot glass hitting the bar after taking another shot. Fortunately for him, alcohol doesn't affect his mind as quickly as humans, so he's able to keep his mind while enjoying the burning of the drink.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Quickest Hands ever

• All you need to know is death fears me
  • You know you at least want to try
« Reply #9542 on: August 07, 2010, 01:36:06 AM »
<<I only apologize to those I am not hunting, and as for being a brute I am no such thing. It is as Ive been told here many times now wrong to judge without a well formed picture. I am actually quite smart and gifted in other ways as well.>> Swordson said to the director while drinking from his own glass

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9543 on: August 07, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »
The Director smiles at Swordson, "You and I have different definitions of 'brute', good sir. I saw how jumpy you were with your cutlery. People who's first response is violence, is what I define as a brute. Yes, you may be intelligent, but your first reflex was to draw a weapon. Therefore," he gestures to Swordson, "a brute. I don't mean it in any insulting manner. It's not a bad thing to be a brute. So don't assume I'm insulting you in any way."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #9544 on: August 07, 2010, 01:54:06 AM »
Myitt's eyes widen in surprise.  "Love?  Well, it's a human concept, really.  I grew up feeling strong emotions, things like affection and sympathy, and I care about my brothers and my host.  My friends.  But I did not grow up knowing about love.  I guess what I feel now, this concern I feel, you could call it love, but it's something that took me a very long time to get used to.  As I'm sure you know, Yeerks aren't exactly the warmest and most cuddly of creatures.

In general, I believe creatures can love each other, yes.  But romantic love?  It is...strange to me.  Not entirely implausible, but...alien, I guess.  Different.  I have seen Yeerks experience it, but I can never tell whether it is through their hosts or...or through them, or both?  How can you tease out such a distinction?"  She shrugs.  "Why do you ask?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #9545 on: August 07, 2010, 02:05:46 AM »
Keshin blinks in sudden surprise at Tamora's question. It isn't exactly the sort of thing you'd expect someone to ask a Yeerk bounty hunter. For some reason this prompts him to answer it pretty accurately. "Actually, Joanne and I are technically both the bounty hunter," Keshin says. "Joanne does the shooting and I do the negotiating. That's why we're called by two words in the name we use sometimes."

Keshin rubs the back of his head. "Not really sure why I'm telling you this, since it isn't something anyone but Myitt knows about us. The Imperials we work for wouldn't like it, in any case. It's not like that'd stop them from buying our services, but still."

<You sure we should...>

<Ah, who cares? We're already illegal enough as it is. Host sympathizing should just add yet another form of painful death.>
Mar glances at Elayne with a slightly miffed expression on his face. "What were you talking about over there? I can understand your interest in the...new Terenia, I suppose. Did you learn anything that might be useful about her?"

Mar then takes a sip of the wine and states, "And yes, the wine here is fine enough. If I drink enough of it, I may get a bit drunk myself. Are you alright with that?"

« Reply #9546 on: August 07, 2010, 02:14:07 AM »
Swordson looked away from the director and lowered his head "You are right, I have been reaching for this to often, here in this bar." He slid lower hand down the the sheath that held his knife and took the straps off. Holding it in his hand he wrapped the straps around the sheath and placed it on the bar top. << Tell me though with your name Director are you a man of importance>>

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9547 on: August 07, 2010, 02:18:32 AM »
The Director puts up one finger to Swordson and says, "Firstly, my name is 'The Director', not 'Director', though you can call me just 'Director'." He lowers his hand and continues, "And no, with my name, does not give me importance. My name has nothing to do with my importance and authority. My importance stems from my species, not my name."

« Reply #9548 on: August 07, 2010, 02:28:17 AM »
Swordson brushed off where the director had touched, <<In my universe my name and reputation give me power As it is your universe we are in I will offer you my services free of charge as long as you help me find a way back to my planet. As well as find out how that golden Andalite knows of my species>>

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #9549 on: August 07, 2010, 02:35:39 AM »
((Quick, The Director never touched you. I posted that he put up one finger. As in, in the air.))

The Director laughed, "My universe. Boy, this isn't my universe. This isn't anyone's universe. You're inside of a nexus. Technically speaking, this place doesn't exist anywhere, but it exists everywhere.

"I've no idea who your golden friend is. Hell, yesterday, I never knew Andalites even existed. Sure, I can get you home, if you want; but I have no use for your services. Sorry."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #9550 on: August 07, 2010, 05:10:40 AM »
Ossanlin kicks the next empty glass off to the side unceremoniously, earning a look from the BT.  He glances at Kato and nods.  <Yes...too much blood has been spilt already in this thankless and pointless conflict.>  He nods to the BT.  <His next one's on me.>  Ossanlin nods towards Kato again.  <I would like to speak with you some more...you have spent time in an alternate existence...we may share more than our biological heritage, but I feel the need to gallop for a while.  Thank you for the drink.  If you will excuse me.>

Ossanlin turns from the bar and trots out the door.  Truth be told he already was feeling some of the effects of the liquor.  He was feeling particularly angsty, which was odd for him, and really felt he needed to blow of some steam.  He trots towards the woods behind the bar, and once he arrives he begins to gallop, tree branches swishing by his head and tail, grass and brush trampling under hoof.  He breathes deep, his lungs working, his hearts pumping faster.  The stress seems to melt away, at least for a time, as he loses himself in the endorphines being released into his body.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #9551 on: August 07, 2010, 07:23:29 AM »
Claxter hadn't paid much attention to the oddly colored Andalite talking to his Prince, but his mind had been focused on Terenia and somewhat on Cody. She was becoming drunk, and he was trying to inch over to hear more of what they were saying.

"Just go over there and stop acting sneaky-like!" Cody said loudly.

<Be quiet!>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #9552 on: August 07, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »
(Sorry for vanishing. I was away the past couple days.)

"It's done!" exclaimed Fletcher, referring to the blood analysis.

"About time," replied Asda, "turn it this way so I can see it."

Asda starred intently at the screen, taking in all the information it could give her on what she was up against.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #9553 on: August 07, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »
"Of course," Elayne laughs. "Mine might lull me into sleep, truth be told," she tells him, taking a sip of her beer. "It has been a while since I have slept. I can't even really remember the last time."

Leaning back in her chair and straightening her legs in front of her, her eyes turn towards Tamora. "I think she is considering hiring Keshin." She looks back at Mar for a strangely awkward moment before adding, "I just want to protect my friends here."

Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #9554 on: August 07, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
Trey shrugs, "Yeah I guess we should get a better look at the place." He glances at the combination ship graveyard and landing area. "I wonder how long this bar has been here. And who these all of these ships belong to..."

-------------

Tamora nods slowly, understanding what the bounty hunter is saying. "I am sure you two work well together. Otherwise I doubt you would still be alive. Bounty hunting is not exactly a profession that is kind to you."

-----

"No reason," Terenia mutters, suddenly embarrassed that she has brought it up. She looks at Myitt, bleary eyed, and laughs a little, though at nothing in particular. "This place is certainly strange. Never thought I'd be sharing a drink with a Yeerk rebel, that's for sure."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013