Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333786 times)

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #555 on: March 02, 2009, 08:01:56 PM »
Sub frowns,"Like hell I'm going in there and untieing that thing! You didn't hear half the things he was coming up with to do to me. You wanna invite the nitwit in for a drink, you drag his sorry bladed tail out here!" and she takes a long swig of her drink, desperately wishing it was alcoholic. She grins over at Ozzy,"They tired of sparring already? Maybe you should set a contest or something up. Works well enough with arisths, don't see why it wouldn't work with the seasoned warriors as well."

She glances over at Myitt, then over to Hunter, then looks back at Ozzy with a bit of a quizzical expression,"So, what sorta trouble you been getting into lately? Can't tell me you haven't been tempted to wander off and put your tail into some random thugs or somethin' every once in a while?"
Yes, that is a gun in my pocket.
    (But don't think I'm not happy to see you!)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #556 on: March 02, 2009, 08:04:07 PM »
*nods to Myitt and smiles with his eyes, focusing a private thought-speech at her*  <<Well, as long as he's not Sedrothi we probably won't have an issue.>>

*raises a hand in greeting towards the being who addressed him and broadcasts normal thought-speech again*  <I'm sorry, I don't believe we have met.  I haven't run across many ships or beings as of late.  Blank space mostly.  My name is Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephriel, Ossanlin for short.  What should I call you?>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #557 on: March 02, 2009, 08:10:52 PM »
"Hmm," Myitt says, raising an eyebrow.  The bartender comes back over with a glass of plain water, and she thanks him, sipping it.  "Do any of them want to spend a day underground with us?" She grins broadly.  "I hope they like cabbage and tomato sauce.  We can't afford as many...missions as we used to have, but we keep ourselves busy.  Haven't had to move in a while."  She rolls the glass between her hands slowly.  "Corliss and Reven are still doin' okay.  In fact," she says, taking out a small black device and glancing at it, "I wonder why Cor hasn't been on my *ss yet.  He's my babysitter." She snorts, sipping putting the link away and gulping some more water.  "Hey, Sub, I'm just sayin', if you're gonna tie him up you might as well give him the option of a beer.  Huh.  I wonder what beer tastes like to a Hork-Bajir."  She shrugs and finishes the water, feeling the ache in her human skull return.  <Stupid dehydration.>  She sighs outwardly.

<Yeah, whose fault is that?>

"I didn't say it was yours," Myitt murmurs, tapping the glass on the wooden table.  "More please?" She smiles faux-sweetly at the bartender.  The bartender loafs back with a pitcher and refills her glass, sets the pitcher down, then scribbles hastily.

"Anything else?  Your tab is quite high," the note says curtly.

"Yeah, and I'll pay it," Myitt sniffles, sipping the water. 

The bartender looks nonplussed, then stalks back behind the bar.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2009, 08:14:20 PM »
*raises an eyebrow at Sub*  <Come now, hork-bajir are docile by nature.  If he's violent, it's because someone taught him to be.  As for the rest, I'm afraid I'm dreadfully dull and stick to my prescribed duties.  I think the anti-Z charges in the weapons arrays have been sitting in there for more than a year...I should probably have them changed out.  It'd give someone something different to do for a little bit.>  *chuckles and continues to swish his tail*

<Perhaps I will hold a tournament onboard, it would be a fun distraction, something for everyone.  Thank you for the idea.>   *eye-smiles*  <We did run across a Taurengen Staff Runner a while back, it had the same output readings as a Blade Ship.  It was a bit of a letdown.  Wonderful masking technology the Taurengens have...they can trick just about any sensor array in the sky.  Unfortunately they didn't realize how close to Andalite-controlled space they were.  Their captain nearly had a cirulatory failure when a full-blooded Andalite Dome-Ship popped out from behind a small moon with Apex Shredders fully charged.>  *he chuckles again*  <At least it was a distraction.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »
Sub smirks at Myitt,"Ya know, you could find out pretty easy how beer tastes to a horkie. He's all tied up and stuff.... and no. I don't want him going bezerk and have to put him down. My ship's system will alert me if his functions start going downhill."

She scoffs at Ozzy. "You put a yeerk in a Hork-Bajir's head for long enough, it's enough to drive any one of them crazy. Believe me, some of the ideas that guy was gettin' was not pretty!" and then she nods,"Yeah, no problem with the idea. Things have been a bit slow back on my- err, the dome ship, so we've been setting stuff like that up. Keeps people distracted and happy. For the most part."

((EDIT: added stuff on, sorry, forgot to say it before! >.< ))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:19:15 PM by SubVisser46OTAM »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
"Yeah, no thanks, I've had enough to drink tonight, remember?" She smirks.  "Hey Ozzy, you mean you were actually lookin' for a Blade Ship?  Bahahah...that's good.  Really.  If you don't mind picking off the next one you see, that'd be great.  Just phone me first to make sure we don't have any of our people on there.  Man, I wish you f*ckers would come out and play with us more often."

<More often than never?>

"Exactly!" she exclaims, and hiccups, pouring more water. 

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2009, 08:25:34 PM »
*chuckles at Myitt and shucks her gently on the shoulder*  <Sounds like you're having a worse time of it than we are.  We should plan something.  Even just talking about action might help us out a bit eh?  Maybe plan a covert strike on some minor Yeerk target?  I'm sure I could convince the Electorate to give me leeway to help a "rebel" insurgent strike.>  *eye-smiles*

*swivels his stalk eyes to regard Sub*  <Well yes, if he was infested then his mind's been damaged most-likely.  It is possible to rehabilitate such things, unfortunately no one cares to spend the time doing so.  Yeerks infest them for use and toss them away when they no-longer fulfill their desires, and my race attempted nothing less than mass genocide, innocents and infested alike.  They're caught in the middle and if I may use a human euphemism...it makes me sick.>

((Oh, and sorry if some of my words are missing random letters...my laptop's keyboard is picky, stubborn, and just plain annoying sometimes.))

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »
Myitt scoffs.  "Good luck getting the Andalite Electorate to do anything that involves helping any Yeerk.  Like they're gonna spend their taxes helping their 'enemies'." She finger-quotes.  "Even if their 'enemies' are the enemy of their enemy.  That's...that's entirely too many enemies..."  She hiccups again.  "Damnit."

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »
She tilts her head at Ozzy,"Hey, you wanna take him off my hands and try the rehab thing? I really ain't cleared to do stuff like that." and Sub grins at Myitt, being use to her random semi-public exclamations that form between her and Tara. "Hey, they let one of those 'enemies' climb up the ranks, didn't they? And if I could get Contrana off my back for five minutes or so, I'd be able to help more. Maybe if we all wish or pray or whatever ya wanna do hard enough, he'll trip on something and put himself out of commission for a while..."

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
"One Yeerk, maybe, and that's pushing it," Myitt says bitterly.  "An entire group of armed Yeerk insurgents?  Equally capable, in the eyes of your average Joe Andalite, of attacking them as they are attacking the Empire?  They don't even believe we're really what we say we are."  She shakes her head.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
*he tilts his head in return*  <You know, I'm not really a psychologist, I've always relied equally on my brain and tail respectively.  Who knows what kind of torture he's been through.  He's not an animal, he's a living, breathing being, and perhaps he has some family that survived the quantum plague.  I can only hope that at least some of the atrocity leveled by my people was abated...indeed I think I shall bring him aboard my ship.  But just out of curiosit, what would've happened if I hadn't volunteered to take him in?>

*he goes back to private thought-speech and turns a stalk-eye back to Myitt*  <<You underestimate  the sway of a respected War-Prince over the Electorate.  If I didn't have such a hatred of politics, it is possible I would have been raised to the Electorate by now.  I stay at odds with them just enough to keep myself from that predicament.>>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
"Yeah?  Well, I'll believe it when a bloody great fleet of Andalites, besides you and maybe Ronny, shows up at my doorstep selling Girl Scout cookies and offering to help us rather than shoot us."  She glances at Sub.  "That is unless you can get your boss to wake up."

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #567 on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »
--Shal stiffened, then jumped out of her seat when Ozzy grabbed her shoulder. She then stood with her back to the bar, looking wide eyed between him and the other new-comer.--

Shal rolls her eyes and looks at Sub. "Didja ever think of just droppin' the poor guy off on some suitable planet?" She then glares at Breekan "Did YOU ever think of finding your friend some sort of pain reliever?" as she gestures at Myitt. "And Connor is NOT going anywhere. He has a just fine doctor right here, and just...abysmal facilities, but he'll be fine. Give the guy a break." She plops back down into her chair, scowling and glaring.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #568 on: March 02, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »
*raises an eyebrow and chuckles a bit at Myitt*  <I said I could convince them to let ME help you, I didn't say they would send anyone else.  Unfortunately I'm still just a War-Prince.  Of course if I was on the Electorate I would have even less power.  My vote would continually be over-ruled by the others and what's more, I would no longer command a starship.>  *Ossanlin swishes his tail back and forth*  <I know my race is both arrogant and bigotted.  The fact remains that not all of us are like that.  I can only do what I can do to help garner peace and get us all out of this war mentality that drives us to desire battle.  I'm afraid the attitude of superiority will never change though, it is our nature.>

*glances surprisedly at Shal*

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »
"Right, that's what I thought," Myitt says broodingly.  "Sorry Shal, I'm sure the guy's fine with you around, but holy hell...he don't look so good."