Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333781 times)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »
Shal rolls her eyes and kneels next to Conner. "We need a doctor my a**.  Jess went to med school and almost graduated. I can do this. Breek, can you root up a bag of saline, an IV line, gauze, antiseptic, medical tape, and a surgical skin stapler? ..and ah, maybe a bag of morphine? X, can you get some clean towels? Myitt, I need you to help me." She glances up, and changes her mind. "Er...Myitt, you can get the towels. X, help me carry him into the bar." She moves her arms under Conner's back, and wait's for X's help.

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2009, 10:20:47 PM »
Sub comes out of her ship with all sorts of emergency supplies and a bunch of notes written down in a notebook. She follows the people into the bar and starts saying,"Okay! We need to get him on this IV, and, ahh..." she frowns at the notes, wishing she has written down the medic's directions clearer.
Yes, that is a gun in my pocket.
    (But don't think I'm not happy to see you!)

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #497 on: February 23, 2009, 10:22:43 PM »
Shal yells after Sub "Yo! Sub! Help me carry him in."

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #498 on: February 23, 2009, 10:28:07 PM »
Sub rushes over, trying to help carry the man in and not drop the medical supplies all at once.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #499 on: February 23, 2009, 10:30:45 PM »
Shal leads Sub and Conner towards a "clean" table in the middle of the bar. She glances at the supplies Sub has. "I need saline, an IV line, morphine, tape, gauze, antiseptic and a surgical staple gun. What do you all have of that? I need at least saline and something to make his blood clot right now, but whatever you have would be helpful."

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2009, 10:42:31 PM »
Sub lays out all the things she mentioned. If there's one thing the Andalites know how to do, it's stock a ship to make sure their pilots stay alive,"Check on what looks like most of it..." and she pulls out some other gadgets and dodads that the medic said she might need. She frowns at the alien looking objects, not exactly sure how he expected her to use this stuff. What was this, anyway, a lazer scanner thingy?

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »
Myitt follows everyone into the bar, pausing to tap a finger against her lips, glaring at the beer bottle outside.  It sits there, dejected. 

She walks over to the bartender and leans heavily against the counter, tapping the putty gun against the edge.  "Gimme some towels, man."

The bartender stares at her.

"Please?"

The BT sighs noiselessly and fishes under the table for a number of relatively clean looking dish towels, handing them to her. 

Myitt nods in reply, piling the towels up and staggering back to Conner.  "Here are some of these.  And use the gun, it'll...it'll stop the um...bleeding." 

<Yeah...I don't like seeing intestines...>

Myitt swallows.  Booze plus gore.  Not good.  She sets the towels down and the putty gun on top of them, sitting down on the floor in front of them all, being utterly useless for the time being.

((G'night ^__^))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Agent X

• I use my powers for evil.
« Reply #502 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:30 AM »
After assisting the process of transporting people and things, X backs off.  She's good for pulling injured parties out of burning ships or lifting heavy stuff, but when it came to anything beyond basic first aid she was lost.  She stood out of the way but not too far, in case they needed her to grab something.

While she watched she picked up her previously abandoned bottle and poured some vodka on her own burn wounds, hissing a little at the pain.  It wasn't likely that they'd get infected before closing up, but it was better to be safe as an infected limb was a pain in the *ss.  She grinned drunkenly down at Myitt's obviously green face.  "If you're gonna puke dude, don't get it on my f*cking boots."
The Space Bar's official sort-of vampire.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2009, 03:04:10 AM »
As with the person who helped carry Conner back inside, Hunter stepped away from everyone not wanting to let ny of his fur get inside the wound in Conner's stomach.

"So, this may not be the best time, but I didn't catch your name." Hunt said to the one who was also standing back from the scene.

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Agent X

• I use my powers for evil.
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2009, 12:52:11 PM »
She shook the rest of the vodka off her arms, and thought about bandaging them.  Eh, wasn't worth the trouble of finding bandages, and if she ripped up her shirt anymore she'd be out of shirt.  She ****ed an eyebrow at Hunter, who had apparently decided to stand next to her and observe.  "Agent X," she said by means of introduction, and stuck out a slightly-scorched hand to shake, not really caring too much if that grossed him out.  "And you are?" she asked, slightly slurred, a little too drunk to remember if he'd already introduced himself.  Either way, she didn't remember his name.
The Space Bar's official sort-of vampire.

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »
Sub helps Shal in any way she can. She does have some medical knowledge, but not enough to help properly fix these types of wounds. The tied up hork-bajir in her fighter is, for the moment, completely forgotten.

((Oh, got back from my halfway ultrasound today, and I'm having a baby boy! *cheers!* ))

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
((Oh, got back from my halfway ultrasound today, and I'm having a baby boy! *cheers!* ))
(( :o omg! nice to hear it! *cheers!*))

As Hunter shook X's hand he said "The names Hunter, I'm from a mostly unknown planet called Pern"

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »
(Have the flu. :( Not feeling well enough to do this right now, so someone can feel free to be SHal and fix the dude up. See ya when I'm better, and CONGRATS!)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2009, 09:08:11 PM »
Myitt nods weakly, still sitting on the floor.

((Yay, a boy! :D :D  Congrats Nikki! ^___^  And hey Jess feel better, man...or else!))

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2009, 11:54:37 AM »
(Congrats on the kid!!! And get well Jess!)

Shal accepts the gun from Myitt and begins to apply it to the gaping hole in Conner, his blood gushing up all around her hands and dripping onto her shoes. She instructs Breekan as to where to apply the IV needle and he does so, managing not to drop it or stick it in Conner's eye. The last bit of putty brings the bleeding to a stop, and she administers morphine. She checks his pulse, smearing blood on his neck.

"He's lost more blood than he should, but not more than he can handle. We need to make sure to keep an eye on him, but he should be okay." Breekan applies bandages over the putty while Shal washes her hands. "Christ. Where'd that Vodka get off to?"