Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

How did Ax learn English?

(1/14) > >>

CounterInstinct:
No translator devices were used right? And Ax depended solely on thought speech to communicate with Earthanoids.... how did he learn to speak english when he morphed human?

ThermalRider:
You know, I was just thinking this and came on to make a topic about it.

I'm not sure. Technically he shouldn't be able to speak English, or any language for that matter.

esplin:
well he did have the translator chip like all andalites.  he always messed around with sounds remember?  I mean he did speak pretty perfect english besides that.

ThermalRider:
I thought that the translator chip only worked one way though. Like a human would speak and it would turn it into words that Andalites understood. It wouldn't have to work the other way since thought speak doesn't use words but just kind of puts the right pictures or thoughts into your head.

Phoenix004:

--- Quote from: ThermalRider on June 06, 2008, 11:18:10 AM ---I thought that the translator chip only worked one way though. Like a human would speak and it would turn it into words that Andalites understood. It wouldn't have to work the other way since thought speak doesn't use words but just kind of puts the right pictures or thoughts into your head.

--- End quote ---

Couldn't have put it better myself. All members of the Andalite military have a translator chip implanted in them, which translates unfamiliar languages for them to understand. Thought speech works on a level beyond words, so any sentient species can understand thought speech.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version