Author Topic: Jake's Parents  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Jake's Parents
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
Sara or Jordan ask about their dad as they're being rescued, and rachel says they'll save him later. Then nothing happens.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline estrid

• God
  • LOL
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:00 AM »
i repeat and will always repeat, yet another proof of a sloppy finish
" 'What do you care if he drains a few vegetables?' I asked. 'He's a vampire!' Chester snarled. 'Today vegetables....tomor row, the world!' " Bunnicula-a Rabbit Tale of Mystery

Jess is my RAFbest friend cuz she is way awesome!
Cody-my gayBFF for eva!
Coolest Member of the Year 2009

Offline rachel91

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 04:56:11 AM »
sorry for reviving this thread. but maybe jake felt that if tom had gone missing, the yeerks wld have been notified and it wld be that much harder for everyone to escape. better to get the easy ones out first than the hardest. jake's not selfish, hes a leader, he wld have thought about everyone's welfare first.
or i cld be talking utter crap. haha, yet to decide =)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2011, 07:22:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure that with a little effort, they could have gotten all the parents simultaneously. So no, there's no good reason for waiting last. Of course there was no good reason for going into that battle before moving the parents anyway.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
Sara or Jordan ask about their dad as they're being rescued, and rachel says they'll save him later. Then nothing happens.

As much as Rachel cared for her dad and all she had to say was "We'll just get to him later"? The fact that he doesn't live near the Anis and was at a higher risk for Yeerk attack should have made him the top priority for her.
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2011, 11:35:51 AM »
As far as I remember, that's the only mention her father gets. Sara and/or Jordan ask about him, and Rachel says she'll find him later.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »
:facepalm: poor Mr.Rachel. Thrown on the bus like all the other parents

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)

Offline Morilore

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2011, 04:47:22 PM »
I get the impression that Rachel knew they were never going to be able to track him down, and she was trying to be gentle with her younger sisters.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »
Still it woulda been nice to have some mention of him other than "Oh don't worry we'll get him....eventually"

Glaflafock

Offline Morilore

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »
Also, the whole sloppy-planning-on-getting-the-parents thing - I kind of think that was the whole point.  For the last three years, the four fully-human Animorphs have had something resembling a home to go to; a sanctuary where they can not think about the Yeerks once in a while.  They don't know how to think about their parents in terms of the war and the evacuation really pulled a psychological rug out from under them.

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 04:56:20 PM »
a sanctuary where they can not think about the Yeerks once in a while.  

Jake lived with a Yeerk  :XD:

Glaflafock

Offline rachel91

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 03:14:05 AM »
if im not mistaken, when rachel says 'we'll get him later', i think she has a tender/sad expression on her face. before the war started, she was really close to her dad. i cld be reaching but maybe for the greater good she put aside selfish reasons and thought saving her dad was a risk too great. but then again, he deserved a mention at least during rachel's funeral.

Offline Morilore

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »
a sanctuary where they can not think about the Yeerks once in a while.  

Jake lived with a Yeerk  :XD:
Yeah, that came out sounding kinda stupid.

Offline rachel91

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
i was actually rereading 49 and Jake does say 'take tom last so if there's any problems, at least everyone is safe.' the problem i have with the whole thing was they waited till morning. they cld have gotten them out at night instead of sleeping on it

Offline SuperBlue

• God
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 10:51:32 PM »
True. They just really didn't plan it out

Glaflafock