Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 5194 times)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: Introductions
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »
I used to read Animorphs when I was a kid--I was first drawn to the cover at a Book Fair in my elementary school, and while I never finished the series, I am currently trying to work my way back through them (please don't tell me how it ends!).
I also read part of the Everworld series, as I kind of got bored of the Animorphs (not because there's anything wrong with the series, I just really enjoy trying new things--variety IS the spice of life, you know :P) and I am rereading those as well (again, no spoilers, please!).

Bad news: spoilers abound here. 

If you don't want to be spoiled, take a break from RAF and read the books.  I imagine you've found the e-books.  If not, there's the link.  The suggested reading order (anyone, feel free to correct me) is the order of publication:

yeah, i think that's right.
i actually read the andalite chronicles a little earlier, but it doesn't really matter. great book though.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
  • One of RAF's French residents
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »
Tocade and I share a special bond of RAFemnity.  Now updating signature.

eMNity ? Not eNMity?
I wanna make sure before updating my signature as well^^

You may have intended that, but guess what.  It was interpreted slightly differently...

I don't think it was interpreted slightly differently^^
After all, the whole thing remains a silly joke  :P

WildWeathel :
My listening skills = terrible
Please, post the transcription ^^
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

¤  Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Wildweathel since December '08 ¤

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »
Tocade and I share a special bond of RAFemnity.  Now updating signature.

eMNity ? Not eNMity?
I wanna make sure before updating my signature as well^^

You're right.  Danm.  Not only that, but I've been pronouncing it backwards as well.  :-[

at least in esperanto there's no doubt how malameco is pronounced.

WildWeathel :
My listening skills = terrible
Please, post the transcription ^^

Cool.  Unfortunately I just broke the virtual plumbing that connects YouTube to my sound card (I was trying to send it to my other, nicer sound card).  Hopefully I'll be able to do it tomorrow.
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »
Oh, maybe you want me to transcribe it for you?  ;D
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

Offline megang

• my myspace
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »
My "read through" is at a standstill for Animorphs at the moment, I'm rereading the Everworld series. It just caught my interest at the time.

And as for the astrology, if you want me to expound on what I really think of you based on your sign, I'd be more than happy to, but I don't want to offend anyone, so maybe better in a private message or on another thread? And I only really know about Western astrology--I know my year sign is the Tiger, but i'm much more familiar with the western stuff (I'm a scorpio, by the way, if I didn't already mention.....and I can tell you a thing or two about us...) If any of you are really into astrology, I can give you the Myspace link to a guy who does amazing horoscopes.

Thanks for everyone who responded, thanks for giving me an idea as to what sort of crazy craziness goes on 'round here :P

Oh! and I love math, too, I took Advanced Placement Calculus in high school, took the national standardized AP exam for it and scored a 5/5 on the exam, but i have trouble nowadays with algebra since it's been YEARS since i've taken any sort of math course.....it's true, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 12:25:42 AM »
Well, here's hoping you stay and are a valuable contribution to our internet community  :)

Wishing you the best,

Taiyoh

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 01:55:13 AM »

And as for the astrology, if you want me to expound on what I really think of you based on your sign, I'd be more than happy to, but I don't want to offend anyone, so maybe better in a private message or on another thread? And I only really know about Western astrology--I know my year sign is the Tiger, but i'm much more familiar with the western stuff (I'm a scorpio, by the way, if I didn't already mention.....and I can tell you a thing or two about us...) If any of you are really into astrology, I can give you the Myspace link to a guy who does amazing horoscopes.

Thanks for everyone who responded, thanks for giving me an idea as to what sort of crazy craziness goes on 'round here :P

Oh! and I love math, too, I took Advanced Placement Calculus in high school, took the national standardized AP exam for it and scored a 5/5 on the exam, but i have trouble nowadays with algebra since it's been YEARS since i've taken any sort of math course.....it's true, if you don't use it, you lose it.

True for math, I'm experiencing it at the moment  :-[

I think you should create a thread just about astrology.
I don't see why it would offense anyone?

I don't believe in astrology but my mother has some books about it and when I was younger I used to read a bit when I was bored or to read them to my friends to have fun. ^^

Generally they tended to flatter everyone EXCEPT my sign and ascendant  ;D

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 02:06:10 AM »

That's unlucky  :P

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 02:09:42 AM »

Yes  :(
But it made me laugh^^ paradoxically  ;)

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 02:33:12 AM »

More unexpected than paradoxical.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 02:35:41 AM »

It's not a paradox when reading that you are a passive ass who can't cope with reality and is useless to the society makes you laugh?

( I forgot about the masochist tendencies :p)

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

It's not a paradox when reading that you are a passive ass who can't cope with reality and is useless to the society makes you laugh?

( I forgot about the masochist tendencies :p)

Actually, it's just...weird.  Possibly certifiable.   ;)

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 02:40:22 AM »
 ;D

Pisces ascendant Cancer rule !
 ;D

Offline Taiyoh

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Voice of (t)Reason
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008, 02:41:11 AM »
;D

;D

Shouldn't we get back on-topic?

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2008, 02:48:17 AM »
;D

;D

Shouldn't we get back on-topic?

:-X I always go off topic  :-[   (can i have an award for that?  ;D)
Allez ! Back on topic  :)