Author Topic: RAF: The Soap Opera  (Read 13283 times)

Offline Tyler

• Evil Kit Clown from Space
  • God
  • I'll kill you all!
Re: RAF: The Soap Opera
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 04:35:47 PM »
Okay, I want in now.

NAME:  Tyler
Species:  Ghost. Can become  tangible for short eriods, but needs to take over a week-minded body to maintain tangibility fora long time.
PERSNALITY:  Hostile and arrogant to new people. Assumes he knows more than everyne cause he's been around longer.
LOVE INTEREST(S):  Estelore, Claire
POTENTIAL RIVAL(S):  Shanker, Ken, Jax
POTENTIAL MORTAL NEMISIS(...S):  Shanker
POTENTIAL EVIL TWIN:  Claire

God I was drunk. I mean like, really drunk. You know how it feels to be drunk? Well add around 14 more drunks onto that and you'll feel like I did.

It was hard to tell, but I think I was still in the bar. I mumbled something, and the bartender brought me another drink? Had I asked for one? Whatever, maybe I did, maybe I didn't. In any case, I glorped it down like there was no tomorrow.

After I had decided that after 4 more drinks I would probably kill this body from alcohol poisoning, I ordered 3 more drinks. Midway through the second, I felt a lot of heat on my back, and I looked back to see what looked like a giant chicken on fire through the haze. For some reason the chicken decided that it didn't want to be on fire anymore, and became a pretty broad. The lady sat down (maybe on a chair, maybe on a french bulldog, I don't know) and started eating something.

"Hey sexy!" I yelled, probably a bit too loudly.
I am eternal. I am the Eater of Worlds.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:25 PM »
"Miss, this pie is amazing! Thanks!" I started to devour the remains of the peach pie, when I heard a drunken voice behind me slur,
"Hey sexy!"

I wasn't sure if the guy meant me, so I turned around. He was staring blearily at me, so I responded.
"Hey, inebriated biped!"
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:42 PM »
Bike Head? "Hey, who the shell ur yi cln a bike hyead?" I asked calmly and coolly. I left the body, feeling completely sober once more.

After a moment's thought, I realized what she had said. "Oh, biped! Sorry, I was a little...preoccupie d, over there,"  explained. Looking at her through sober eyes I could see that I  definately wasn't mistaken when I assumed she was attractive.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »
I was startled to find that the...erm...inebria ted biped...was actually under the control of a spectral being.
"Ghost" was the popular term, according to my translator chip.
"So...you are a 'ghost', then? How interesting! What is your name, sir?"
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2008, 06:03:13 PM »
"Tyler," I said, putting out a hand (but not making it tangible. I always laugh when people can't touch me). "Tyler Thomson, to be exact. And what might your name  be, ma lady?" I asked, putting on my sexiest voice.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »
The fellow appeared to still be a bit tipsy, despite his immaterial state. I extended my hand and converted its heat energy into ectoplasmic energy, allowing me to shake hands with the ghost instead of passing through him.
Sometimes it is truly fun to be a star.
"My name is Estelore. That is my full name, but you may call me Este, or Es."

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »
Was I still drunk, or was she shaking my hand? I remembered the fire around her from earlier, when she was a chicken. "I'll just call you Estelore, if ya don't mind. So, I saw the fireworks earlier. Are you by any chance a mutant or something?"

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »
I laughed.
"No, I'm just the humanoid incarnation of the mind of a star. I'm not really any specific species, as far as my DNA is concerned, so I don't quite qualify as a mutant. I was designed and created, not born."

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »
I stood in the shadows watching this ghost hit on the star, that I was just talking to. I turned to Jax, then to Jayne, then turned around and stalked off, into the night. He'll get whats coming to him.
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 06:34:25 PM »
God this one talks a lot, I thought. Incarnation of the mind of a star? What the hell does that mean?

"Sounds interesting," I said, smiling. "Thumbs up to the designer." I winked. Flirtation defice deployed.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »
"Mr. Thomson, if I didn't know better, I'd think that you were hitting on me!"
I winked back at him, turning on the charm that I had earned after spending nearly four millenia in this particular galaxy. Bipeds tend to react to me in a very predictable way. Especially MALE bipeds.
"So...what's a nice soul like you doing in a...well, in a place full of so much life? I understand what it is like to have all the time in the world...several worlds, in fact...but why would you choose to spend your time here, in particular? Were you buried nearby? Or perhaps were you cremated, with your ashes scattered in the general area?"

I suppressed a shudder at the thought of being DESTROYED by FIRE. It was unthinkable for me, since the greater part of my being WAS fire.
It was even worse to think of being shut away beneath the Earth's surface. So claustrophobic....

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »
Hm, what to say, what to say, what to say, I thought. I wanted the conversation to go nice and smoothly, since I don't meet that many stars.

"Well, I did think about travel for a while after I died." I wanted to show off, so I took over the closest sober person I could find. if I played my cards right, he just might get lucky tonight. I leaned on a table, and felt around in the guy's pocket. He had a dollar coin on him, so I started flipping it impressively.

"But after a while you've sort of seen it all, you know? So I decided I'd just hang around here for  a bit (fifty years or so), and then see what I feel like then." I wanted to keep the conversation going, so I thought I'd tell her a bit about myself.

"As for my death, I got tagged in the Revolution. Yorktown, to be exact. My family was lucky enough to get the body, and they had me buried right here." I stomped on the floorboard that was just above my grave.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
Wow. Trapped in a witch's bistro.
"Wow. Trapped in a witch's bistro for all eternity? It seems to me that you'd get bored awfully quickly. I rarely spend more than three life-cycles on any single planet, since I'm usually bored with the grandchildren of the first people that I meet on-planet. If you want to come to Insfrea with me, just let me know, and I'll exhume your...remains...an d take you along."
He apparently wasn't familiar with the word. Primitive planet....
"Insfrea is my 'home planet', if there is such a thing for somebody like me. I have a more-or-less permanent residence there. It is roughly thirty light-years from my larger self and sixty-five light-years from Earth (give or take a light-year), orbiting the star Aldebaran. Insfrea is lovely in the summer."

Offline Tyler

• God
  • I'll kill you all!
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2008, 07:06:38 PM »
"Sounds like a lovely place," I said smoothly. "It got a pool?" I joked. I find the ladies love a good laugh, especially when talking to a dead guy.

"Oh, and as for the whole 'being trapped' thing? It ain't so bad. I read a lot, and I get free booze, so I'm not miserable all the time, mostly just drunk."
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:08:20 PM by Tyler »

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2008, 07:13:04 PM »
"The lakes are beautiful, provided you don't mind swimming in liquid methane. They have pools of water, too, but the residents of the planet find water toxic. I've never been drunk...alcohol tends to combust when I'm near."