Animorphs Section > Animorphs Forum Classic

Visser 3 as a leader

<< < (3/3)

Matches:
I think he should have been used way less, like once every 4-5 books instead if being in every single one. Cause then they start doing the stuff like him being defeated by a skunk

ViciousVisser:

--- Quote from: NothingFromSomething on August 03, 2017, 10:02:58 PM ---I sort of think that was kind of the point though, Vicious.  He's a trope, y'know?

Contrasting with the fairly-believable, totally three-dimensional characterizations of the kids themselves, the villain is this big larger-than-life, tried-and-true irredeemable "one of my lower-ranked guys failed me, OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" mustache-twirler type.

It sort of worked really well, especially given all the cool cheesy 1950s sci-fi elements the series is drawing from, among the Spielbergian/Amblin movie vibes.

--- End quote ---
You're correct! I definitely think there was a motivation behind it all.

skribs:

--- Quote from: Matches on August 04, 2017, 09:08:09 AM ---I think he should have been used way less, like once every 4-5 books instead if being in every single one. Cause then they start doing the stuff like him being defeated by a skunk

--- End quote ---

He has 4 nostrils and no other way to breathe.  Of course he was beaten by a skunk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version